New healer, how is holy pally?

I have been learning disc but learned it may not be so hot in all types of content.

I’ve had an interest in holy pally since legion just due to the concept of a heavily armored battle healer.

I made a bunch of macros for it so far and would appreciate any other advice on macros for this spec

But regardless, how holy pally doing?

All healers are fine in low end content including disc. To answer your question holy is good although recently nerfed.

1 Like

Good in keys and raids?

To be blunt, if you’re on the forums asking if a class is viable in a setting, you don’t play at a level where class selection matters. You can play any class you want.

3 Likes

I am trying to though, so please not try to set me down so quickly.

2 Likes

Since you seem not to understand…

1. Pick any class you want to play.
  2. Practice on said class and get good playing it.

That’s it. Disc is also more than fine, just as is pally. Most of the people going around saying X class isn’t good at something don’t play well enough to make those statements.

I don’t play healers anymore, but healer balance seems pretty good going into 9.2 so just play whatever you want, really.

I’ve tried going Holy on my paladin just for pug group randoms and it was so-so. Just ended up being me spamming a lot of flash of light using vuhdo addon settings. It was ok, we finished out pug dungeon content, but it was super boring, spammy and just made me want to go back to prot and solo more in the end.

1 Like

Holy is awesome… really excited for the necrolord build once I get my 4pc +2 Lego.

Great for all forms of content.

Holy Paladins are all around good healers in all forms of content. But Hpalas have quite a few different playstyles.

For keys specifically, Kyrian Glimmer build and Venthyr Ashen are 2 vastly different play styles.

I love holy paladin. And monks. The reason why is because they are a more engaging imho.
I made a long post long time ago on that. Need to find it and will comment later

Edit. Okay. Found it.

Holybind is my posts on my paladin (thats now on horde under new name).
There are quite a few posts made by me in this thread. I think you may find it quite informative. Good luck!

Yeah, i want a really engaging healer, why I am looking at holy paly and monk heal.

Make sure to read all my comments in that thread. It should help you quite a bit on how to play & set it all up. (By Holybind)

Monk is okay. Pala is better imho. But being melee dps is baseline more fun tbh

That why you play rogue?

I got a few active toons. Rogue is my main.
Bear/Rogue/Hpala/Hunter/Awarr/BM monk are my active classes.

Just pretty sick and tired of doing same camp quests on many toons, so I put my hpala on a back burner for now. So I am jsut mostly nerding my rogue (got KSM already) and my BM monk. With others, I will just run 1-2 keys/week to get vault tbh.

You should not really hard cast much at all…