New guy looking for answers

hi everyone, i was hoping i could get some help as far as clearing some info up on the guild threads ive been seeing. All the guilds are posting raid times and stuff so does that mean we only play during that time cause how would we level and stuff? secondly, should i wait to make a character before i get accepted into a guild so that way im able to be on the same server and everything?

I want to be in a new player friendly group and am able to help fill roles and stuff but i just dont know where to begin, any help would be great!

2 Likes

No, people play everyday. Those are just the scheduled “Raid” times. And no, you can make a character and then join a guild. A lot of people play other games together so know they will be playing together. For example our guild. We’ve been playing together over a year and are coming back to kill Classic. If you’d like to check us out feel free to look at our thread or hit us up for Discord info. Cheers and enjoy the game!

Heya Schrutefarm,

Classic is in almost no way the same game as the current retail version. There is a ton of hype and plans right now. Don’t get to tied up in those, I can tell you from experience everything will change. People have a goal of raid times but 90% of that will change in the next 4-5 months while people level up. To answer your questions.

1. Play when you want, posted raid times are there to entice people to join a time that will (likely) fit their schedule.

2. You should pick a Faction then Class then race based on what you think you will enjoy playing. I suggest joining discord and getting some opinions of players who played in classic first to help you decide.

3. Server, you are not restricted to any, so find the people you want to play with, then base your decisions around that.

4. Stay away from raid focused guilds in general. Raiding is great, but if the guild is not focused on people, you will have a hard time learning and getting up to speed. As a new player I suggest a social place over a hard core place.

5. Classic is 100 times more about the experience of leveling up and being social than the current game. Getting to 60 feels like a game, then it feels like it starts over again at 60 with an entirely new game.

If you want to check out our discord feel free to join us, we would love to talk to you.

https://discord.gg/DrGHyhT

2 Likes

awesome thanks for the great info ill have to take a look!

1 Like

As others have said, raid times are simply when people currently plan to raid. People will be playing outside of those times, and the times are more than likely going to change as people level to 60 in the month(s) after classic releases. If you are looking for a guild, we’re trying to start a guild that can be a home for people interested in any and all aspects of the game. If you want to check us out feel free to read our recruitment post here: [H] Fairbanks <Vanilla Fire> Loot Council, Casual/Semi-hardcore.

Hey we have a few IRL friends playing wow for the first time, you might be a good fit here .

My friends and I have been waiting for WoW classic to re release since it was announced. We are super exited to sink a huge amount of hours into this game and clear all the content . We need players who put the team first. Working together from day 1 will help us become a fine oiled machine, working efficiently.

To make everyone feel apart of this from the beginning there will be open guild name suggestions and a vote in discord. I figured it would be better naming once we see all the personalities we have.

Guild Goals:

• Clear all PvE content including Naxx
  • Help members gear up farming pre raid BiS
  • Establish a strong ecnomy with careful planning
  • Be accomplished PvPers, and create various team strategies
  • Hold world PvP multi guild events

Classes Needed: We currently need offtanks, healers , and dps.

Times: We would like to raid either on weekdays starting at 6pm or 7pm EST, or weekends in the after noon/evening.

Discord: add GrapeApe#1703
or join _https://discord.gg/SfxatTw (remove underscore)

Stormforged said it right. Most players play every day but during those raid times everyone going to a raid is focused on one goal, following the raid leads commands.

That being said, Infernal is recruiting any and all players. We are a casual guild!

We will be supporting one another with materials, Gold, PVP support, You name it, we help eachother out with it.

Our average age is like 24 to 50. Big group of people gets a big range of ages.

Anyways add me on Discord Achilles#2076 or add my battletag Achilles#13238

And I’m more than happy to answer any questions you may have (Even if you aren’t joining my guild)

We are a very casual guild made up of WoW veterans with families and lives outside of WoW. If you have any questions or need any help, don’t be afraid to ask! Just make a Horde toon on the Whitemane server and check us out!

[H][Whitemane] <TBA> Casual PvE/PvP guild LFM [CST]

Omg, I just love the name Schrutefarm. Ahhhh, that’s great.

On that note, I’m Oheowyn from the Sisters of Sylvanas over on the Bloodsail Buccaneers server. We’re a very new-player friendly guild, and we love helping people grow into the classes and roles they choose. We have some really strong friendships based purely on this that have stood the test of time. Our leadership is full of experienced veterans, and we pride ourselves on the fact that there are no stupid questions!

In regards to playing in a group where you are able to help fill roles - you would be most welcome to adventure with us. My advice to new players when asked this question on how can they best help… My answer is to play what makes you happy. That may not be the definitive answer you’re after, but in my experience someone who plays something they enjoy is going to log in more often to play than someone who has agreed to a class only to find it just doesn’t gel with them. In the Sisters, we believe in flexibility and our leadership can be quite creative - we definitely know how to work with what we’ve got (and with some hilarious results… ah, good times).

Anyway, it was really nice to see your post - if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me - I think you’d be a great fit with the Sisters. Here’s our full guild listing (details contained within). Hope to hear from you :smile:

@Coldfate - fantastic advice. Spot on.

1 Like

Thanks Ohewyn, you too!

1 Like