New Forum Tomorrow

Man I hate the other forum format though.

TBH this might kill my desire to post on forums. I'll give it a chance, but I could never get into the Overwatch forums due to its format.
I despise forever scrolling threads. RIP in peace page format :(
11/12/2018 01:42 PMPosted by Ximothy
Man I hate the other forum format though.

TBH this might kill my desire to post on forums. I'll give it a chance, but I could never get into the Overwatch forums due to its format.
That means they are successful!

Offering "forums", but making them awful so there are as few as possible posts so they don't have to pay moderators.
1 Like
I do like that the Overwatch forum format has actual notifications when someone replies to you. Sure does beat having to check if someone said something for you to reply to. That and the scroll bar remembering where you stopped reading last time.
11/12/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Galenar
That and the scroll bar remembering where you stopped reading last time.

What if you hop between different computers and your phone? Does it still remember your spot then? If not...

11/12/2018 01:45 PMPosted by Tilgath
forever scrolling threads. RIP in peace page format

could be really awful
If you post spam, offensive threads, etc and people report you a lot you'll stay at level 1.

Sooooo I could get perma banned in game and out of game when my post get reported by someone who creepy hates Sylvanas/Forsaken and creepy hate Sylvanas/Forsaken fans, because they can't handle people with a different opinions?

It was nice knowing you guys.
What if you hop between different computers and your phone? Does it still remember your spot then? If not...

It's been a while since I signed into my account in two places but I believe it does. It's tied to your account, not your PC.

11/12/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Éamon
could be really awful

It's not as bad as it sounds. It only loads up about a page on this forums worth of posts at a time and only loads more when you reach the end of that. It doesn't load the entire thread at once. It's basically just removing the need to navigate to the next page.
11/12/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Deathisfinal
If you post spam, offensive threads, etc and people report you a lot you'll stay at level 1.

Sooooo I could get perma banned in game and out of game when my post get reported by someone who creepy hates Sylvanas/Forsaken and creepy hate Sylvanas/Forsaken fans, because they can't handle people with a different opinions?

Well no, somebody does check the reported post before they action it. Besides, I'm pretty sure they need more than just one report to do something about a post precisely because it could just be some salty douche reporting something they don't like.

Well no, somebody does check the reported post before they action it. Besides, I'm pretty sure they need more than just one report to do something about a post precisely because it could just be some salty douche reporting something they don't like.
You are correct. That's why people will use Discords to brigade downvote wrongthink. Like being a Sylvanas fan.
11/12/2018 01:03 PMPosted by Vhae
Christ, I still remember the migration to these forums. Where does the time go?

Yeah and it sucked lol
11/12/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Hahahahahaha
You are correct. That's why people will use Discords to brigade downvote wrongthink. Like being a Sylvanas fan.

Eh you assume people on the story forum care enough to form that kind of evil downvoting cabal in the first place. I think you'll find this place will be as niche as it always was.
So who wants to start taking bets on the first regulars to get permabanned from the forums and game for wrongthink? Treng, DiF, who else?
11/12/2018 02:07 PMPosted by Galenar
11/12/2018 02:04 PMPosted by Hahahahahaha

Eh you assume people on the story forum care enough to form that kind of evil downvoting cabal in the first place. I think you'll find this place will be as niche as it always was.
You've apparently never been to the SF discord...where we currently do that. Also is often done on the SOL discord, and several others I've heard about doing it. Now though, it will be even more powerful and attractive to punish people you don't like with!

It's trolling, that lets you feel righteous, and actually hurts the people you don't like!
11/12/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Hahahahahaha
You've apparently never been to the SF discord

Is there another SF discord? Ours is an evil cabal, but I don't remember organized downvoting.
You've apparently never been to the SF discord...where we currently do that. Also is often done on the SOL discord, and several others I've heard about doing it. Now though, it will be even more powerful and attractive to punish people you don't like with!It's trolling, that lets you feel righteous, and actually hurts the people you don't like!

Well that's just ridiculous and petty to be honest. That they go to such lengths to punish people for having an opinion they don't like makes them come off as incredibly juvenile. People need to grow up.
You've apparently never been to the SF discord...where we currently do that. Also is often done on the SOL discord, and several others I've heard about doing it. Now though, it will be even more powerful and attractive to punish people you don't like with!

It's trolling, that lets you feel righteous, and actually hurts the people you don't like!

So... you're afraid of the new forum for allowing the thing to you that you admit to also doing to others?

TBH I don't think the anti-Sylvanas crowd cares as much as the pro-Sylvanas side does to be able to launch large scale attacks. A dozen, maybe, but not enough to make a difference.
I hope you all have wonderful lives and plenty of days playing WoW ahead of you. You've all been good people and I've enjoyed reading your comments & insights for the better part of a decade. I believe I would be incompatible with the new forums from what I've heard so I'm not going to bother.

Farewell and Light save the Quilboar. Light save Treng and Yagarr too.
11/12/2018 02:37 PMPosted by Sternbridge
I hope you all have wonderful lives and plenty of days playing WoW ahead of you. You've all been good people and I've enjoyed reading your comments & insights for the better part of a decade. I believe I would be incompatible with the new forums from what I've heard so I'm not going to bother.

Farewell and Light save the Quilboar. Light save Treng and Yagarr too.

Don't be like that. It's just a new format. Even a human male pally is welcome.
11/12/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Ximothy
So... you're afraid of the new forum for allowing the thing to you that you admit to also doing to others?
Yes.

Currently it's just "Hey everyone, look at what this moron posted!". But with the new system, when a group disagrees with a post, for example "Garithos did nothing wrong", the brigade can instead damage their "trust" value.

The Overwatch forums are legendary for rewarding brigade hate mobs. That's the system we are moving to.
It’s a way to silent dissent and encourage divisiveness. I can’t accept this change as a good one.

There isn’t much I or anyone can do about it and I for one, will certainly keep posting, but hands down, bad call. Censorship will only lead to mistrust and ultimately, lost subs.

That’s right. Old players like me tolerate nonsense so long as we believe we can voice our concerns publicly to incite action. This new format does away with that.

That means that not only will concerns go unchanged and unaddressed, standards will lower. Voices being silenced and ultimately banned, resulting in game banning will mean players leave. Nobody stays with something crappy and where they get treated with spite.