New Forum Rules are Dumb

Just made a post in the transmog forum to find out imgur links cant be posted. Im sure it’s the same with most other external sites. Luckily youtube links seem to still be fine, but jesus chrsit daddy, youre squeezing my hand too tightly.

4 Likes

They are not dumb!

Wrap your link your codetags.
text

codetags, the </> icon?

edit: that worked, it let the link go through. kind of a shame the picture doesnt appear in the actual post like it does in the message preview and with youtube videos, but i can see why it doesnt and shouldnt, so im not complaining.

What does that mean?

You have to grind those rep levels.
I think this was designed to push people into basically picking a forum main.
Way too many avatars are allowed as is.

when you get a higher trust level, it will. :slight_smile:

1 Like

text
``
Put your text/link between the ``

It won’t be a hyperlink, but it allows you to post it.

1 Like

eh. I play a lot of characters at a high level. sometimes when I’m giving my opinion on a thing i feel its better to post on the relevant character. more likely to have my opinion respected.

how does trust work here?

Scroll down to Trust Levels

A lot of people say that but it honestly does nothing of the such.
If your post is detailed, informed, and constructive that toon, level, and name add nothing to the post that is relevant.
Other than yes indeed you have leveled that class.
Armories can be linked to show the same thing.

How many times have you seen people post something about a specfic class (with that class as their avatar) and not know what they are talking about?
Does being on that class as their avatar add any credibility to that uninformed post?
Not a bit.

1 Like