New Forum Guide - Syntax and Features

So when will we be getting the ignore function?

1 Like

Anyone know if there is any way to change my posting character without losing trust level and post count?

Unfortunately, I believe trust level is by character not account.

2 Likes

I am kind of confused as to how the @ mention system works. I tried testing it on one of my alts by putting their name, then the name and realm name, but did not receive a notification on them saying their name had been mentioned in a post. Does anyone know?

@ mention is not enabled as I understand it

That’s kind of weird because at the bottom of threads, you can set them to Tracking or Normal and both options mention “your @name.” Being tagged in posts is also mentioned here.

Maybe it is for future implementation?

Yes. I think those things are different.

If you start a thread or post in a thread, you are notified when something else happens in that thread - e.g. you should have been notified that I made this post.

The note at the bottom of threads that you’ve only read, though, seems off. I can not @ someone in a thread that they have not been involved in and they be notified - which is what the note at the bottom of threads suggests.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, sorry that I have not been around. Been crazy busy on the Overwatch forums, school, Overwatch, and playing a lot more WoW so that I can learn the game more.

I wish to point out that January 4th is quickly approaching, which will be a joyous day for any hardcore visitor to these forums and has been visiting every day since launch.

2 Likes

Users at trust level 1 can…

• Post unlimited topics and replies
  • Edit wiki posts (more on Wiki Posts Below)
  • Flag posts
  • Create links and video embeds to trusted websites like Blizzard websites, YouTube, or Twitch

I can flag posts, but I cannot post links or youtube videos, why is this?

Edit, never mind I can post videos now :heart:

Thought we’d be trust 3 today :frowning: It looks like that’s not a thing…

I think Day 50 is tomorrow!

1 Like

My count says I have been on 50 days but I think you also need to read 20k posts

It’s only a day… a…waaaaaay…

Darn look at what you made me do.

Yeah true, I have but I think we do have to wait until tomorrow in that case :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, people are being given Trust Level 3 already, it is 50 days and 20k posts read among the other requirements.

Blizzard generally counts time as clock time rather than calendar time so 50 days to them is 50 twenty four hour periods of time which would not be completed until until .001 second into the 51st period.

Some folks have had trust level 3 since the forums where changed 50 days ago.

So how do you request a thread to be pinned? I need to do it for one
(Sorry if it was asked before)

Which Thread?

I’ll put a cover memo on the request and send it up to HQ. Thank the Ox or Bornakk when it happens.

2 Likes

I don’t know if this has affected anyone else, but I just spent a frustrating two days wondering why I was stuck at trust level 0. I let my sub expire in November and just bought game time again the other day. It turns out I needed to log out and log back in again to be able to post replies and new topics.

I think this should be re-considered. Perhaps no infractions with-in the last 30 days. Considering moderation can be manipulated by a single individual and their alts it’s not really fair to “targeted” individuals.

I had zero issues while posting on the forums previously. I know that people have targeted my character which is why I switched to posting on a different one.

There’s no incentive to be good when you just take the carrot away permanently.

2 Likes