New Fodder to the Flame in pvp?

Do you guys think FttF rework will make us want to go necro for pvp? The hunt is cool and all, but it’s really all or nothing. If you don’t get a kill with it, you’re basically not getting a kill at all. The demon healing us, exploding, and giving us a 20% damage buff seems way more interesting to me! Wait for CDs, kill demon, get damage buff, use trinket, meta, and kill sounds really cool. Not to mention the heal + necro shield will reeeaaaaaaaally help us with survivability issues!

What do you guys think? Will fodder be worth it?

I don’t think so unless we get a meaningful ST buff along side the change. The PPM seems to low to carry enough impact.

Maybe if they didn’t make it RNG like everything else in the DH toolkit. Why not scrap the demon spawn, give it a 45 sec to 1 min cd to match the 1.58 procs per min and keep rest the same. call it necrotic explosion or some BS.

We already have RNG resources generation with FB/DB, RNG defensives with Blur/Darkness, RNG legendaries with CT & darkglare boon. If we could time it to use the heal situationally and plan around other burst windows I could see it being good. Currently very meh imo. But like the guy above said, I think our consistent St damage is our biggest problem in PvP atm.

1 Like

I think fodder could be sick if the demon does not hit too hard where you have to kill it asap or get hurt. Is it still invisible to enemies?

If it just tickles, it will be a nice anti CC for 25 seconds. And hopefully you can let it just chase you for a good amount of time, then kill it when you need the healing/dmg.

the hunt is the only thing keeping havoc even semiplayable. nothing else is even worth mentioning until that stops being the case

3 Likes

No. On demand burst > rng buff.

1 Like

It would be better if they get rid demon, let us has the soul fragment every 45sec for healing and damage buff on an active button

Definitely wait before making any decisions, since this rework is extremely lazy. Although covenant swapping/swapping back is relatively easy, so it wouldn’t matter depending on the player.

Like for instance, it’s going to be the only Necrolord ability that is a passive proc. How will it function with Emeni when it’s live? They’re going to have to give it unique proc mechanics tied to Lead by Example, and given little communication or input on this, that alone might be too much work for them. I see them turning around and just leaving it untouched from lack of care, but I could easily be wrong.

PTR mechanics are sloppy with some leftovers and don’t look to be functioning as intended, so all anyone has to go by is what it looks like they’re intending for the ability.

Too early to say for sure, but It’s looking like an uncontrollable Elysian Decree balance-wise. I can only imagine trying to PvP with this would be incredibly annoying, since I don’t even see this being fun to have to deal with in low/average level PvE content :confused:

What are you “dealing” with exactly? You press Glaive Throw while you’re doing your normal DPS rotation when you see the demon spawn, it bounces off your main target then hits the demon and it instantly dies.

It’s really not difficult, time consuming, or challenging in the least. I’m not sure why people act like killing the demon requires any sort of effort aside from mindlessly hitting 1 ability somewhere between your normal rotation.

You’re dealing with RPPM. Random isn’t desirable, especially compared to the other 3 options.

The demon itself had its uses. You could’ve pre-casted it in some cases to place the soul and generate Fury (and given the Necrolords of your raid a larger pre-casted Fleshcraft modifier), which you’ll no longer be able to do, and you can leech off of the massive throw glaive hit, for example.

If it only takes one glaive now, that’d be nice. Prior Fodder required two glaive hits, when aiming to kill it with something other than auto-cleave.

Speaking of auto-cleaving it down, It counts against your square root scaling of Eye Beam too, as well as potentially eating up a target count for Glaive Tempest which is extremely unfortunate. More-so dungeon situations where that’s annoying there rather than single-target or PvP, though.

1 Like

I just wish they’d scrap the demon summoning aspect of it. Just make it a targeted AoE that spawns a demon soul fragment and call it a day. They could keep the RNG aspect of it even.

2 Likes

Essentially they could make it something like inner demon, on a 45 second cooldown you can draw the soul from a demon caged within maldaxxus causing you to errupt with fel energy, dealing x amount of damage, healing you and increasing damage by whatever.

This is going to be trash in arena in its current form. DH is already over loaded with rng as another poster highlighted above. The Hunt is the only consistent on demand burst we have. FotF is rng healing and rng burst - you’re not going to get the healing when you need it, and your not going to get the dps burst at an opportune time, either. Its going to spawn and explode and break cc when you don’t want it to… lol its just a garbage lazy design.

They need to just make the demon spawn on a cd so it’s available on demand. Otherwise whats the point?

1 Like

Pretty sure I could use a heal just about any time in PvP.
Are you familiar with the fact that we’re in an absurd healing Meta where we wait for people to go oom as a viable strat and not just pretending being a PMR lite by running CC kill condition comps with inferior classes to the concept?

I guarantee this will see usage in arena.

1 Like

Kyrian has a conduct make vial heal for 55%, but …

Considering you get 25% from killing it and 25% from the soul and it procs more than you can use the vial I’m not sure what you’re getting at

It won’t affect us at all. The buff is too RNG for PvP and the buff is too low for it to be meaningful. PvP you need timed on demand burst most of the time and we would be replacing steady good damage (Venthyr), AOE cleave damage that usually hits for around 13k (Kyrian), and The Hunt which is just the go to for how good it is with damage and healing (Night Fae). The only way I can see you winning games with this new rework is dampening and just killing them through it cause you get a 30% heal from the demon and the soul heals on top of that.

1 Like

I’m really crossing my fingers that you’re right, with the demon soul, if this ends up being how they ship the ability to live.

I’d abandon Night Fae and start sacrificing faeries in a heartbeat if Necrolord does well, although personal reasons would be more PvE oriented. Night Fae is such an awkward “Demon Hunter feeling” covenant.

1 Like

We have wings though. Perhaps after gutting out our eyes to insert demon energy and defeating the legion we have decided to appreciate nature, The Hunt is an illidan move in warcraft so it will probably stay king for pvp