New Explosives - 700k HP

Well… they did say the hit points were going up substantially… but yikes…

1 Like

You got a source? Also what key level? I can’t imagine a +28 explosive is gonna have the same HP value as a +2.

I bet they still can’t be cleaved as well.

+20 - check out the streams on the PTR right now.

Ah, I didn’t think M+ testing was gonna happen until tomorrow, I’ll look after work.

1 Like

Just group with ret pallies it will be all ok

4 Likes

dont worry guys deep focus talent go brrr
explosive still healer job :muscle:

4 Likes

It’s almost like it’s not a healer mechanic anymore like healers were still crying about for some reason after the announcement.

1 Like

LOL, so still a healer affix???

Maybe they didn’t like it being a healer with nameplate addon and instant cast spell affix.

I’m going to be the only one swapping and then the tank is going to be like, “hunter why you no get bomb?”, when I can’t burn 700k hp in less than 5 seconds.

2 Likes

They probably want everybody swapping and killing them, yeah. Or just lining them which’ll probably be more important because nobody wants to put a million damage into something they don’t have to.

Honestly that’s not horrible considering the gear we have stuff is going to be blowing up. I loathe explosives but I think this is okay if they aren’t spawning very often.

They do need some sort of scaling though. Burning a 700k hp target in high end gear is much different than doing so in starter gear in a +2. I’m assuming this is something they wouldn’t overlook, right Blizz!?

It’s the first hour of ptr.

You know they are having people test the affixes on the test realm

I wouldn’t count on this going live the way it is

1 Like

Here comes a few weeks of pugs yelling at the healer for not getting the explosive.

If the goal is to make the entire party interact with the affix instead of just the healer they could go live with even more HP.

1 Like

Lemme zap that with my 700,000 damage shadow word pain

2 Likes

I doubt I could do it in time with a full set of Cobalt Assembly buffs and 20 stacks of the mastery buff. But I suck and my gear is mediocre.

Were they able tokill the explosive orbs on the PTR? 700K in 8 seconds might be doable for people geared enough to push +20s in season 2.

No one has mentioned what this is going to become. What it is currently becoming on the PTR as we speak. Not just at the highest level but for anyone who is trying to “efficiently” the meta is going to be LoS them or the healer just has to handle it and heal through.

This is not a party affix anymore than it was before. It’s just more of a healer nightmare now.

3 Likes