New DWG 8.3

I miss the old one :frowning: i liked half capture / half zone control.

Anyone else sad about the change? Or am I the minority?

4 Likes

I imagine the cart-running mechanic in the old DWG forced RBG teams to bring certain classes/specs in case they got this bg.

Casual DWGs probably had a similar issue if one team had players with really good specs for running carts and the other team didnā€™t.

2 Likes

Sure, it sounds like there was reasons blizzard deemed valid. Like, im a VDH, i loved running carts! But i also love running flags. Same thing to me, ya know?

I just feel like it was a unique bg, now its just a reskin :frowning:

I miss back when rogues were great flag carriers. I think Iā€™d love it if every tank + rogue + boomkin + something weird like spriest could spec into making good FCs.

I wish Blizzard would at least keep the old DWG as a brawl, or a single-queue BG. Same with Strand of the Ancients.

3 Likes

Pretty sure DH are the reason they changed the map.

2 Likes

Would have preferred to keep DWG intact and instead made Seething a 5 node map.

Seething Shore should have been the first BG to goā€¦ I wouldnā€™t doubt if DH/Warrior leaps were the main reason for the change - Far too many leap spots (up mountains, across gaps, through the alliance side fence, etcā€¦) that allowed a practical ~80+yd range difference for anyone who couldnā€™t follow suit.
Itā€™s a shame, really. Was easily among my favorite BGs after WSG/Twin Peaks for reasons that should be obvious roflā€¦ It was fun while it lasted though.

Personally, i like seething as it is.

My biggest gripe i guess is in unique-ness of BGs. Iā€™d be upset if they turned all BGs in a node sit like ABā€¦ like, keep some variety out there. If everything is the same, just in different skin, it really takes away the fun.

If people have favorite BGs (personally, i prefer twin peaks to gilneas) like, thats ok. Its alright to have favorites and least favorites.

Dont prune variety of it

1 Like

I preferred the original version. The flags on the new version feel very far apart which makes responding to incs quite a journey depending on where you are in relation to the flag being attacked.

2 Likes

nobody enjoys 1-2 hour long games.

I havenā€™t timed it, but are the new DWG nodes actually further apart than the nodes in Arathi Basin?

I figured I donā€™t know the optimal routes yet. Plus I get lost sometimes.

Not sure about total distance, but with arathi you can glider from a lot of cap points to the other, you can also see a lot of the map at any one time.

If i wanted AB iā€™d que for AB. wtf have you done blizzard. If this is the route you are going to take, please REMOVE wsg and AB so i dont have to do out dated models of the same mc-crapwich

1 Like

WSG and AB were redone. Those outdated maps are long gone.

just cuz you put some bread in the toaster doesnt mean its a new ball game. Twin peaks and the new AB (DWG) are it being ā€œredone.ā€ new pathways / tactics (such as water entrance).

2 Likes

I get lost all the times. But itā€™s OK, I get to feel like Iā€™m discovering the quarry for the first time everytime I see itā€“in fact, I may actually just be unable to escape the quarry.

Great Caesarā€™s ghost, new Deepwind Gorge was designed by whoever made my local IKEA, which I havenā€™t been able to leave since 2017 as itā€™s just that labyrinthine.

Did the remake change how graveyards function? I wonder if we could see priests just sitting near the enemy spawn to mind control people into the lake or something fun like that.