New devouring plague idea?

Devouring Plague: 3 charges on a 25-30 sec cooldown and consumes all vampiric touches in a 25-30 yard radius to form a stronger dot for 8 seconds based on the remainder of the surrounding vts damage and increase all insanity regen by 100%? on the devouring plague target. Also, make a single target talent that increases devouring plague insanity regen by like 200-400% w/e so priests can pump out more voidforms in a raid.

1 Like

So, more ramp up damage? Thats your idea?

2 Likes

yall are a dot class tho so ramp up but get it faster? and it should be similar to affliction but feel different.

I would like to see a devouring plague that ticks for x% when chaneling mind fly, similar to DK when use scourge strike.

Mayb when chaneling mind fly on target your dots in that target hits faster and when mind sear for aoe situations.

1 Like

I think if we #removevoidform most problems would go away.

COUGH COUGH.

10 Likes

sounds good but i feel the dot drain/channel style would fit affliction better

1 Like

It was Shadow’s playstyle from Vanilla -> Legion.

3 Likes

My suggestion was to make Devouring Plague actually compliment Void Form (if they keep the play style), I personally like Void Form, but a minority, Devouring Plague should increase insanity and not use it, while in Void Form it should halt the Insanity drain keeping us in Void Form longer.

Void Form, is unique and iconic to WoW and Shadow Priests, if they do choose to keep it, I’m supporting they fix it, but if they do remove it I’m all for Shadow Orbs play style again.

Well what is the goal of Devouring Plague:

• To provide a damage “burst” on a fight that wouldn’t last long enough to ramp up with voidform.

So it needs to do a little bit dmg than unleashing voidform, but not more than a form when you did ramp up.

Talibandzx’s idea is sort of close to what Affliction lock currently have on SL : Malefic rapture.

It woud be cool to be a short cd that can be activated outside of voidform that makes Mindflay / Mindshear deal an extra DMG on all target afflicted by SWPain.
(Then you’d see more use of Dark Void with this ability in Dungeons and world pve!) “Devouring Plague, a plague that devours the sanity of your enemies”

I don’t entirely hate the addition of DP (as apposed to removing VF).

But it needs more.
I feel we need something after finishing VF and I think DP fits okay. Once VF ends, allow your next DP to cost no Insanity and do XX damage.

Or, just remove VF

the description of shadow in game right now doesn’t say anything about being a dot class. but more just says uses shadow magic and terrifing void magic