New Darkmoon Faire pets 8.1.5

Reminder that in Patch 8.1.5 there will be 3 new DMF pets.

• 90 tickets each (270 for all 3 new pets)
  • BoP
  • Cannot be caged
  • Non-combat pets (cannot battle)

The faire is currently in town for the week, so you can get started collecting the tickets needed to buy the pets next month (8.1.5 releases after this month’s DMF, unfortunately).

9 Likes

Non-combat?!
/exaggerated eye roll
Pass.

On the bright side, less DM tickets for me to farm up.

5 Likes

3 balloons. Horse balloon for the Alliance. Wolf balloon for the Horde. Murloc balloon for the mrglmrgl.

Thanks for all you do both here and at WCP, Quint. I’m sure that it seems like a thankless task sometimes, but we are all better for you being here.

7 Likes

The only use I see for these non battle pets is toward the 1000 pet achievement. I’m still working on that stinking 1000 ticket mount, I have everything else. Sigh.

1 Like

I wonder if the new balloons will have a chance to drop from the [Darkmoon Game Prize]. I’ve acquired some of the old pets that way, including the original Darkmoon Balloon.

This is probably obvious info in this forum but make sure you always do the two DMF pet battles every day you can (8 times a month if you can log in very early on the first Sunday morning) for 105-120 easy tickets, on top of the 14 you get from the profession quests.

It double dips the player exp too since you get a quests’s worth of exp from winning the battle and then also from the quest turn in. This character is my bank alt and leveled from 100 to 110 in Legion through only doing that each month and to 113.5 so far in this one lol. Bought the silly mount months ago.

4 Likes

And we should note that these two pet battlers give good experience to carry pets. And Jeremy Feasel will allow you to bring in a level one.

1 Like

You can also do a level one carry with his brother.

2 Likes

If you have several alts, you can run the treasure map quest for 100 tickets. Use this script to see if you have already done the quest. Once per character.

/run for k, v in pairs({ QuestCompleted = 38934}) do print(format("%s: %s", k, IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(v) and “\124cff00ff00Yes\124r” or “\124cffff0000No\124r”)) end

Hat tip to delemoniak on Wowhead for the script

3 Likes

Good tip - I always seem to catch up late buying DMF items (last grind was for the Dirigible), and then don’t continue the grind to bank tokens for the next items. This should let me use a couple alts to grab the new pets soonish

1 Like

Darkmoon Daggermaw are cheap at the moment. Just got 300 tokens from 300 daggermaw for ~5k gold

1 Like

Cool. I have this on my Paladin right now.

1 Like

Hey, collectors - These 3 new DMF balloons are available right now! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

And you can also ride on the world’s most implausible roller coaster!

2 Likes

Yes the physics of the coaster are weird and it’s too bad because they really could’ve done something fun there, loops or whatever. At least a realistic run, use a coaster simulator or something…

I wish they would invest some into making Darkmoon Faire a place with rewards and a high population. Fewer shards, more group activities, more rewards, more progression. It should be a fun event.

3 Likes

Reminds me of an old rollercoaster at a 60’s beach town. Kind of fits in with the vibe.

While riding the rollercoaster, I noticed there were places where some of the old balloons were grouped together. We need something like that. A holder that allows us to carry multiple balloons at the same time. Maybe even allow us to group some balloons with a kite.

1 Like

If you’re looking for vendor that sells Horse Balloon, Wolf Balloon, and Murloc Balloon, it’s Carl Goodup. He wanders up and down main street at Faire.

3 Likes

Thank you. That’s good information. I would have assumed it was Lhara, since she sells the other pets.

They’re okay, I guess. But I’m not into non-combatant pets.

1 Like

Yeah the coaster is a nice addition and the design style is appropriate. Also I’m not sure what they had to do to get this into the game engine, maybe accurate physics are not so easy, and there are space constraints in the map.

Overall I really enjoy the atmosphere of Darkmoon Faire, and would like to see it developed further.

1 Like

Don’t forget, if you take a character that has never been to the Dark Moon Faire, give them 100 of the blue fish (fish vendor currency).

The new to DMF character can then buy the treasure map which starts the quest that (eventually) rewards 100 tickets, BOOM, there’s you a (useless) balloon pet and 1/1000 of the meta achievement.

Rinse, repeat three times, and you have the three new pets without having to grind anything but the fish (can get those on AH).

2 Likes