New community council has Story/Lore section

It’s no surprise that’s the streamer he chose to do an interview with.

6 Likes

Blizzard makes the unofficial SF discord look likes its ran by sober lawyers in comparison.

5 Likes

What I’m reading is “Blizzard should replace Danuser with Alynsa”.

Thank you Anya, I 1000% agree.

And since it’s Sunday, I think I might make a thread about this…

10 Likes

Apparently he used to say the n-word regularly?

1 Like

I watched the video and yeah, he said that. Prosident just seems to lack common sense. I don’t know why someone would admit to that. He also said he’s afraid of the person who made the Exploring Kalimdor WoWhead article making one about him. I’m curious to know who the other council member in the video is.

1 Like

It’s a guy named Tears who lied about being in the Council. Two Council members have confirmed that only Prosident was removed from the Council. They are both lying about this Tears person ever being in the Council.

8 Likes

Pfft. I was thinking that Prosident was just dumb, though now I see he’s malicious. Good to know, thanks.

11 Likes

Yeah, that person is not on the CC forum list and is not known to anyone on the CC besides Pros. That I even asked our CM who confirmed that only one was removed.

There are also some Twitter accounts claiming to be on the council then posting really horrible stuff. No, they are not on the Council that anyone knows of.

I kind of expect that maybe the last 60 invites might go slower and it might take longer to fill if they increase some social media checks. We are only at 39 right now.

13 Likes

Anything for my Void Elf friend.

Is there currently anyone in the council who hasn’t introduced themselves in the introduction thread?

1 Like

Possibly but the list is viewable and nothing matches with the name used on the stream. The goal is to make all discussions about the actual game public. Not everyone has to do an intro though, they can refrain and chime in on threads as they wish. It was not listed as a requirement.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/g/CommunityCouncil

I also asked our CM directly who said only one person was removed so far. Of course, I did not ask for details on personal things. We know who that was though by the person’s public statements.

3 Likes

I think it should be required for everyone to make a post in the introduction thread before they’re able to post in other topics of the community council. It’d help prevent some false claims coming from people who aren’t on the council, and it helps those not on it see who’s a part of it. Or make the list you can see viewable to the public.

4 Likes

Can you see the list I posted? It is a forum group for the Community Council. It should be viewable to you.

Just like I can view the various trust level groups if you sort it right.

When I click on the link you posted I get a 404.

3 Likes

Drat. I thought forum groups were viewable to all. Hmmm.

I can raise the suggestion that a list is requested. I don’t know if everyone wants that though. There were concerns on the forums here that anyone on the Council might get harassed and doxed. That they should be able to be anonymous. Most chose to use their mains or state they were EU alts. I use the posting char I have had since 2013 which people know my by.

The point of the council is to be public though so a roster to prevent some deception might not be bad. Hard to match twitter, discord, btag, and char names on WoW though.

My best take on it is that our CM said only one was removed and nobody recognized that person from the discord or intros.

12 Likes

Thank you for coming to the Story Forums and responding, Mirasol.

6 Likes

I did not even realize I was here…

If you quote someone it sends a notification and I just went with it. I normally would not be here because Lore is fantastic, but not my area of particular interest. I would not want to look like a total noob - because I am.

*waves at Lore folks!" Hope all is as well as can be for you before the Holiday and that you enjoy it.

17 Likes

Well, thank you anyway! I didn’t know you only had thirty-nine people. I thought the invites would have rolled out faster.

5 Likes

It could just be the characters marked as being part of the Community Council that get shown, the ones that have green text. Everyone on the council will asumedly make a post while being a part of it at some point, otherwise that’d be a waste of a spot. Potential harassment is a legit consideration, though I think that’s something every member should have thought about before joining. Going from what people on the EU have done, it seems people don’t have to use their mains and can mark whatever character they want which is perfectly acceptable. There doesn’t have to be any social media linked to the character or listed, since if anyone fakes being someone else on the council, the person they’re pretending to be can confirm or deny here on the forums.

They don’t have a choice. The EU license and database is totally separate from the Americas. They had to make level 10 NA trial accounts to even post. Most did link their main on EU though.

All I know is our CM said only one was removed. So any claims of 2 goes against that.

1 Like