New build and lots of new changes

also whats up with the aoe buffs lmao that came out of nowhere

1 Like

Sub can use all the help that BlizZard is willing to give.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

These buffs across the board like that just make me nervous for the quite likely nerfs that’ll come along with them whether they’re introduced in the PTR or they come after 9.1 comes out. Adding dismantle to the tool kit along with the 40% MS, root break and the ItK buff which could probably be paired with quick decisions… definitely a lot to add at once.

1 Like

I just realized cold blood was removed… is that new thief’s bargain going to be any good?

Yeah losing Cold Blood is a hit for Sub. But Sub will gain access to Tricks and Dismantle now.

Not likely. It’s just swapping where damage comes from.

1 Like

looks like they are making pvp sub amd par with its pve sub

unplayable

1 Like

Actually got some neat old outlaw buffs, very nice

What was the value on crimson vial?

2 Likes

Some subjective highlights from me:

• I like they give Outlaw 15 sec of Slice nad Dice after Cheap Shot, gaining stamina and more Sinister Strikes in fight, simplified Drink Up Me Hearties is nice too.
    If semi passive SnD after Cheap Shot (Outlaw) and Shadowstrike (Sub) would become some new standard? And for Sin? Cut to the Chase? :slight_smile:
  • Float Like a Butterfly may help to stay longer in staying “toe-to-toe with the enemy”.
  • Finally Dismantle for all three spec!! This is surely a step in the right direction.
  • In Sub I like they made finally stronger our combo generators: Backstab and Gloomblade +20% more dmg - but as you mentioned we need some mechanic changes aswell, still waiting for 1h weapon and Hemo tought, and Black Powder dmg per combo point are now 33% stronger, cool.
  • A new PvP talent Distracting Mirage is something new and interesting. Seems to me like a new BG talent to slow groups down, but that teleport feature could be useful in any PvP content.
  • I think new Thief’s Bargain would be more useful in PvE, not PvP :wink: - we would be getting more to our sustained dmg in Raids and M+. But, well, as I said, still waiting for Hemo :wink:
3 Likes

Loss of Cold Blood and Plunder armor is substantial. But the loss of both talents is giving way for more sustained damage buffs now and possibly more in the future.

In the end I still think Assassination is going to be on top. It has everything now and plus some except Gouge back.

1 Like
  • Maneuverability (PvP Talent) now removes all roots when activated in addition to its current effect.

That’s actually a pretty nice change as well. It’s niche, but it can save a trinket or vanish.

Dismantle is a disarm, correct? I like it for Sin but I’m worried about them giving Sub more control, unless we’re about to see 2-charge dance removed as well. Rogues are interestingly getting a lot of attention early in this process!

I’m also liking the druid changes now that I’m playing one.

1 Like

Vyi what the hell are you talking about? Backstab is pretty much hemo. The whole point of hemo was having a 35 energy CPB generator. That’s exactly what backstab is now. I think what you want is for mastery to affect backstab instead of eviscerate because that’s pretty much how damage scaled with hemo. More damage into CPB than finishers at that point of the game.

on another note can someone link a full page of changes because google is sucking today.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/910-chains-of-domination-ptr-notes-%E2%80%93-april-21-updates/944689/3

2 Likes

Agreed. Hemo would a bit redundant at this point. We don’t need more meaningless buttons on our bars.

You were not forced into using daggers with a hemo build though. (nevermind weapon swap macros and such)
Sub would need to be reworked for that, and it wont happen, but i do miss the days of 1 hander sub specs.

1 Like

They could just make it a flavour thing so you could use daggers or swords/maxes/axes/fists

I’d be down for that

Same damage and what not, maybe with an extremely small bleed

2 Likes

Backstab use to reward rogues for pooling energy by dealing good damage (vanilla). Resilience pretty much forever changed it.

Shadowstrike has effectively replaced what ambush and backstab used to be.

Gloomblade on the other hand is complete garbage and no one uses it.

All of our damage / win conditions (spamming stuns so a mage can deal the damage) revolves around Shadow Dance and it’s insanely boring. Shadow Dance is a major reason I feel that Blizzard won’t buff sustained damage.

1 Like

First of all, if you could be a little bit nicer (thanks).
Second, I described why I want Hemo back here: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/91-sub-rogue-topic/270988
Next, I’m positive the two spells isn’t the same for 3 main reasons:

1. In time effect of Hemo spell was changing. From Classic to Wotlk Hemo was a combo builder increasing physical dmg to the target with stacks. From Cata it caused additional dmg from bleeds - synergising with Rupture f.ex + reinforced with Prime Glyph it caused additional bleed dmg overt time. In MoP it caused also profuse bleeding over time.
    Backstab in all it history was an ability with different dmg %, but eventually caused Physical dmg only, without any direct link/bonus to bleed dmg, dots, or without stacks.

2. Hemo can be used with any weapon rogue can use, Backstab (and Gloomblade) can be used only with Daggers.

3. For most of its time Backstab required to be “behind the target” / “not in front of the target” as we read in description. From 7.0.1. it no longer required positioning, but it hurts more % when behind the target. Hemo can be used - and it works the same - regardless of positioning.

I’m curious tought, why was you triggered so much, when people (at least few in US and EU forum I could enumerate by nick, including me) talked they want Hemo back? It was only because you didn’t understand why we want it? If so, you know the difference now.

No, it is not meaningles, but you know already how Hemo works, so I hope it is more clear now.
Besides, Hemo was never a mandatory spell. I wish it could be still only an option.

assasination is looking bonkers come 9.1

and starts whispering it doesn’t feel underpowered right now.

assassin needs buff to energy generation or combo point generation in my opinion