New borrowed power systems in 1st major patch

I’d swear bliz promised in an interview that all the systems were in the first patch and we wouldn’t be getting the usual borrowed power grind bloat as the xpac progressed through new major patches

Systemlands is indeed morphing into currencylands but it is what it is!

Like legit…why can’t PVP players earn some soul ash from PVP even when the “non mandatory” mission table can award soul ash!

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

Yeah, I recall that too, as a reconciliation for late-expansion introduced systems in BFA, like essences, residuum and corruption

I’ve mentioned a possible pvp/new BG themed around Torghast before. That would be gnarly I bet

1 Like

What were they adding in 9.1? I don’t remember anything too out of left field, but I don’t follow it closely.

What they meant though is nothing brand new. Like azerite gear, essences, and corruption were all completely unrelated. Separate grinds stacked on top of each other to try to duct tape the cracks of the first launch system. Or in corruption’s case as an experimental alternative to titanforging.

With SL we have soulbinds, conduits, soul ash. I think 9.1 is expanding those. That wouldn’t be a new system, which they said they’d avoid, just elaborating on the same one. And that’s ok. Unless they did add something separate and I’m missing it. :sweat_smile:

There’s a Raid-specific system, Shards of Domination, that can be referenced about midway down the patch notes here and also in the Wowhead article

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/910-chains-of-domination-full-ptr-notes/936527

1 Like