New Anduin Cinematic

I assume Saurfang has a connection to Shalamayne after fighting Sylvanas with it outside Orgrimmar. Although it was brief, odds are Saurfang “connected” with it because of his indomitable spirit and valor in the face of impossible odds.

4 Likes

It’s kind of amazing how nuanced the emotions are in this cinematic, it’s not just bland sadness for the sake of it.

14 Likes

I thought Saurfang became a trinket.

2 Likes

I just don’t understand this messaging.

its putting the guilt on the victim rather than the aggressor.
Like… Sylvanas called her hate and hunt as something selfish. Lady that wasn’t selfish, that was completely justified and normal reaction.

Sacrificing people for the jailer and your own empowerment was the selfish act.

26 Likes

I suppose Saurfang being a trinket is noncanon.

1 Like

I rather like Sylvanas acknowledging she became Arthas.

Credit where it’s due.

22 Likes

I love it.

I hate it.

I love it because like all of the cinematics, it’s well done. Every VA, every animator, they all deserve medals. Seeing Uther, Sylvanas and Jaina get that last bit of closure with Arthas was actually neat.

I hate it because… That’s it? Arthas is just poofed now? No big cinematic showdown? No fight? No… Anything? Why have us go to the realm of death and not have a big confrontation with the actual character who started us along this journey? Who wrote this and thought it’d be so much more fulfilling for the players to see Arty disappear as a wisp ball?

Uhg.

17 Likes

The trinket is just called “Old Warrior’s Soul” with an icon that looks suspiciously like Saurfang, but I guess there’s enough wiggle room that you can say it wasn’t him. Or somehow he got out. Maybe he pulled a Xal’atath and hopped out of the player’s bank into a plot.

2 Likes

I thought the cinematic was good. Hit the feels as intended, but the Arthas bit was the best though, especially when Sylvanas mentions with every action she took she was becoming the very thing she hated in life/undeath.

4 Likes

If it was only an impression, or spiritual echo then the trinket could be accurate. The Shalamayne spirits have a distinct look to them they haven’t given normal ghosts… and they do stuff for specific reasons.

3 Likes

While I don’t like it, the Light appearing as people close to Anduin would explain Maxwell and the Paladin PC’s visit from Uther in Legion, since we know it was neither the Kyrian part of his Soul or the part that had been trapped in Frostmourne and went into the Jailer’s collection.

Unless of course there is a third piece of Uther’s Soul still out there…

2 Likes

To repay the favor and remind him?

Glad they didn’t because, speaking quite plainly, I do not trust the writers with Arthas. Look what they did to the Lich King ;~;

6 Likes

We’ll probably be getting an interview soon that clarifies it… then another interview later that contradicts it.

21 Likes

ALSO, this is the first time Anduin split the blade isn’t it? Throughout BFA it was in one piece unless I am forgetting something. Which would make this moment perhaps the point where Shalamayne itself accept Anduin as a true wielder.

13 Likes

It is not better that they just made him a socketted gem.

She also said she became like him. The genocide and soul abusing is a part of that.

7 Likes

I will say they established Zovaal’s ability to forge souls into weapons and armor pretty early on. We should be happy he didnt get turned into a pair of shoes instead.

2 Likes

It’s fiiine, he’s just going to end up in the Shadowshadowlandslands where souls go when THEY die. Whatever that “eternal night” thing the night fae mention when talking about dying souls is a part of. He has a long journey ahead of him before he can unite with the Imprisoner who orchestrated the fall of the Jailer and the First Ones from this new mysterious land.

1 Like

Were each of the halves of Shalamayne always the red and blue that were seen in the cinematic?