New allied race customisation soon? Maybe?

I’m really hoping that the upcoming Blizzconline will be chock full of 9.1 details, and that it will include info about new customisations for allied races. What’s on y’all’s wishlist?

Me, I want tattoos of course. I would love to see kul tirans get some piratey tatts like anchors and krakens.

I’d love to see way more interesting cybernetic options for mechagnomes. Maybe even individual limb customisations. I know plenty of people would like them to have normal legs.

I’d love for mag’har to get a skin colour like Rexxar. We’re never going to get actual mok’nathal, but frankly I’d be more than happy with his skin colour. I also hope that they just share all the hair and beard styles between mags and regular orcs, because the regular orc styles are all terrible.

Ooh, and I’d love so many things for nightborne. More skin colours, more hairstyles and colours, glowing mana hair, more variety and more brightness options for their tattoos, better faces. They just need a lot.

Void elves, sure more normal elf options like hair colours I guess. More styles without tentacles too. But I would also love some more messed up, void corrupted customisations too. Twisted faces, discoloured limbs, that kind of thing.

12 Likes

Anything for Nightborne. They got way more custom models, but because of that they didn’t get as many options as the other 3 original allied races.

I want ombre and pink hair for void elves, alongside the basic black/white that are already in the files, tendie colour selection, corruption effects, starry skin effects, void tattoos, ability to potentially look like we’re /in/ void form all the time? Also potentially extra and multiple tendie options for all hair cuts.
Jewlery that actually looks void inspired. The scrap they gave us on pre-patch looks untextured and awful.

Also, can they separate our wings from the chest piece already? Would just be a nice time to do that.
Also Also, blonde hair, because people need to grow up and stop gate keeping something as asinine as a hair colour.

They could try to fix mechagnomes a bit by actually letting us look fully mechanical without the heritage armor. We asked for mechagnomes - not junker diaper babies.

I just want deep black skin for Lightforged. They desperately need customization that make them actually look unique. Regular Draenei are 500% more interesting.

10 Likes

Skinny kul tiran models
Light forged undead or Nathanos blightcaller model undead.
More long coat options.
More simple armors and not busy garbage.
More cosmetics focus.
Nightborne need some options as well as kul tiran.
Ability to hide mecha gnome mecha underwear.
Night elf male faces on anti depressants.

5 Likes

Oh, totally. You’ve got me onto a pet peeve actually. What you said, or give us a version of the chest piece without the freaking collar. I hate it so much, and it makes no damn sense. It clips with almost all their hairstyles. Which means you have to choose between either their really cool, iconic hair feature, or their really cool, iconic armor feature. It’s so dumb!

6 Likes

or at least one extra one that doesn’t like my grandpa

2 Likes

I would love to see the highmountain tauren have more attention to the antlers to stand out against their tauren cousins. Perhaps some druidic influence that we see from the moose mounts?

3 Likes

Each covenant seems to easily be converted into an allied race.

1 Like

Death knight skins.

4 Likes

Yeah don’t worry the game is a complete mess and people are unsubbing it’s all about what you look like now lmfao. Good one.

You know, except for the whole “dead and unable to enter the world of the living” thing.

2 Likes

AFAIK the only ones who can enter our world (kyrian bearers) have mentioned off handedly how they would like to visit our world one day. I have heard no other npc have a line like this, so I assume visiting means spiriting away souls from Azeroth to the shadowlands

Kyrian can not enter our world.

They can enter that greyscale subspace we go to when we die.

They may count that as visiting. I do. That’s what I meant as visiting. Like that one quest where the blue dragon was in love with a spirit healer and you had to enter that greyscale to communicate with her.

Wouldn’t that give us metal bodies with underwear?

Regardless they aren’t able to enter Azeroth in any meaningful way, so they’re not going to be playable.

I’m not saying they are, I’m explicitly saying they won’t be and providing evidence for that. The only ones who have expressed interest in visiting Azeroth are kyrian bearers who can only see Azeroth through that greyscale when they are picking up souls. You’re misinterpreting everything I’m writing. I’ve been agreeing with you from the start dude

When is blizzcon? Would like to see if they reveal anything there. Would have thought there would be blue posts by now for their generic feed back or questions. (They never seems to pick from that list anyway… not sure Ion is interested in customer feedback or input.)

But yes, Nightborne and LFD need major love for customizations… Not much experience with nightborne but I do know LFD has so few hair styles it’s criminal. Nightborne I can just see from GD that they are sorely lacking.

2 Likes

You can have whatever as long as Worgen get more than just a hand full of fur and eye colors. Worgen being taxed for customization was one of the more stupid aspects of the expansion so far as we can’t use human form most of the time and we have 0 things unique to being Gilnean.

2 Likes

My hopes from another thread:

Death Knights

• Their own eye energy color selection: blue (standard), white, smoky black, purple, red, green, yellow.

Humans

• Remove scars from the faces and re-add them as their own customization option.

Dwarves

• Split face and body tattoos
  • Scar selection
  • More tattoo colors (orange, yellow, purple)

Night elves

• More earrings and necklace options for females
  • Untie eye color options from scars (right now your scars limit which blind options you can select)
  • Add full blind options (they already exist in the files but are not selectable)
  • Female marking colors: Enable the DK and DH colors for all classes (there’s currently 2 DK-only and 1 DH-only color available in the files)
  • Add body tattoos for females akin to the males’

Draenei

• Eye color options: blue (standard), light blue, silver, purple, pink, blind options
  • More hair/crests combinations for males
  • Horn decorations for more male hair styles
  • Hair decorations for more female hair styles
  • A longer tail option for males

Orcs

• Skin colors: Dragonmaw gray, Azeroth Blackrock clan (gray-green), fel red (maybe bright, dark and pale variations)
  • Eyebrow customization for males
  • Split face and body tattoos so we can select them separately
  • Split face and body warpaint so we can select them separately
  • Add warpaint colors (to represent more orc clans): black, orange, purple

Undead

• Eyebrow, beard, mustache and sideburn options
  • Option to hide nose and ears (more skeletal/rotten look)
  • Straight back option like orcs have
  • Allow eyeless look on undead DKs

Tauren

• Pure white fur option
  • Grimtotem face paint
  • Grimtotem body paint

Trolls

• Forest and ice troll skins
  • Some hair styles can be split into hair and sideburns options (check images here)
  • Eyebrow and beard options

Blood elves

• Some hair styles ported from humans and void elves, or between blood elf genders
  • Red and orange eye colors (both with/without pupil variations);
  • Eyebrow length selection.
  • More beard options. Maybe split into sideburns, beard and mustache, like humans, night elves and dwarves have?
  • Scar options
  • Runic, ordered tattoos (split face and body options)
  • Tattoo colors: red, orange, gold and green
  • More jewelry color options (bronze, lighter gold, copper, with various gem variations)

Goblins

• New exotic skin colors: dark grey, light grey, bluish, reddish, brown, albino
  • Scar options
  • Grime options (like explosion marks!)
  • Some hair styles can be split into hair and sideburns options (check images here)
  • Eyebrow and beard options
  • Add Gilgoblin ear (fins) options
  • Add Gilgoblin nose (shark-like) options
  • Necklaces, like chains and other pimping stuff.
  • Gold and silver jewelry color options. More bling to the master pimps!

Lightforged draenei

• Skin colors: Light gold (yellowish), light bronze (beige/tanned), light copper (reddish)
  • Hair colors: Dark gold, light copper, dark copper, black
  • Blind options
  • Jewelry color options (akin to standard draenei’s)
  • Tail length and jewelry options, akin to standard draenei’s

Void Elves

• New hair colors: black, white, silver-blue, beige blonde, dark (blackish) red
  • Toggle for hair tendrils (choose between tendril or braids)
  • Tattoos: Twisting, coiling sharp lines. Split face and body options
  • Tattoo colors: void, blue, violet, magenta
  • New eye colors: blue-black, pink-black, violet, blind options

Mechagnomes

• More mechanical paint options: red, green, copper, unpainted, and so on (suggestion: use the same colors as the mechanocat mount has).
  • Split the enhancements into their own categories: ear enhancements, eye enhancements (allow single-eye options), and chin plating, allowing us to mix them more freely.
  • Allow arm enhancements to be chosen separately (left/right options, like having hand on right arm and grip on left arm)

Mag’har orcs

• Skin colors split from clan markings (tattoos, scars, warpaint)
  • New skin color: Shattered Hand white
  • New eye color: Shattered Hand red eyes, blue (like Thrall and Geya’ra), blind options
  • More clan markings/scarifications/body paint (like Ner’zhul’s skull-face, more Warsong and Bleeding Hollow patterns, and so on)
  • Scar options (like standard orc)
  • Grime options (like standard orc)

Nightborne

• A few faces with slinted eyes (more like the NPCs’)
  • Eye color selection: light blue, blue, violet, purple, pink, blind options
  • Skin colors: Light gray (“white”), dark gray (“Black”), new bluish tones
  • Hair colors: Light purple, dark purple, blonde, light blue, dark blue
  • Arcane flow on hair toggle (on/off, for any hair styles)
  • Add chin plate jewelry as customization (instead of linking it to armor)
  • Jewelry colors: Silver, gold, bronze, copper

Zandalari

• More eye colors: red, orange, yellow, purple, pink
  • A hair style can be split into hair and sideburn options (check here)
  • Eyebrow and beard options.
  • More tatoo patterns. Including some non-gold, loa- or voodoo- based ones.
10 Likes

For humans, blood elves, etc. I wish for the necromancers appearance. The gloomy eye shadow we could customize for RP purposes.