New allied neutral race idea; Dalaran half elves

Also how dare you have friends and be a good person while still having a different opinion from others, I mean it must be a crime or something.

7 Likes

Do you not see the irony in calling other people “snowflakes” when the mere idea that people don’t support HEs is enough for you to dislike them / attack them or take offense from them

Basically this is the logic that is like what? Its just pixel elves and also why are we calling others names when if anything all it does it establish a sense of irony

4 Likes

True, though Dalaran had lots of people moving through it these days (Legion) of various races and such and also had them back in Wrath. Suggesting that they may still remain a trade or travel hub even when not involved in the story.

Given that the city is neutral and there is quasi-lore that suggests half breeds are looked upon generally poorly in most places Dalaran might still be a good place for those half races to congregate.

Yeah I love that idea immensely.

I can see some limitations in wow if they added something similar for a half race system.

Tauren and Worgen come to mind as being hard to formulate a mix that would adhere to one body model concept. (excluding body type)

Actually Worgen wouldn’t work at all as their children don’t carry the curse.

Forsaken would be hard to sell too.

Though in both those cases you could argue a whole 'nother race model setup. (Forsaken of other races and Worgen of other races)

I’ll admit if I could use the female orc model for my half elf half orcs I’d probably do that…

I should be clear, I think a lot more could be done for half elves alone not to mention other half races.

The ears just work well enough for me personally in the case of half elf body types.

I disagree on this bit.

Kul’tirans kinda show the concept rather well though it could be expanded.

Blizzard just implemented it poorly so far.

And yet with no understanding at all you commented and apparently read some replies.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t need to read yet another “give us Helfs in some form!” thread and Bris’ comment was the second one. Poor attempt.

That’s the thing about playable kul’tirans though, because of silhouettes and how people perceive races body types wouldn’t work unless model toggles became a thing. But that is a different subject entirely.

This is a more recent occurance really, but the population would still favor humans and elves there.

Personally if this works and shows interest I would suggest burning blade being a playable faction too, and see what half dreanei and orcs could look, since that faction is another one that is friendly of mix breeds and has allot of them.

Another would be mok’nathal which has both orc and ogre halflings.

I also wouldn’t mind entertaining half orc/elf concepts too if there was more lore to play with honestly.

What would your thoughts be if we where to try to put the race mix concept from tulnar’s into half breed races like half elves or half orc/dreanei etc on this? Have you read up on the concept?

I want to invite naughtymoon and others to discuss this subject too if they want to.

Ya know what is my greatest nightmare

Blizzard giving Mok’nathal instead of Ogres. That will be the high elf moment for me

No more flavor of Elves. We have two on each side, and we even have the ear options to designate Half Elves now (because that’s all they are in lore).

Let other races actually get some love and become playable, there are too many flavors of long eared purple or peach humans.

why not both?

Mok’nathal as Ogre customization…sure

Mok’nathal as separate race…err I am not in favor of that

If you put it under the concept of Ashes of creation Tulnar race where you can pick and choose which traits of the race is more pronounced or mix of both along with control of muscle density (more muscle or more fat?) how would you feel for that?

Actually not really, but since you didn’t read my OP;

Hmm…I will be ok with that

1 Like

no more elves im begging you

Nobody wants half elves, stop it. Enough with people trying to compromise with us. It’s either high elves, or nothing. Half Elves are just a dumb idea. Besides, they wouldn’t be neutral. They are from high elves, and humans. They would definitely be alliance-aligned. They at the very least would never work with the horde.

I will never understand this obsession with water flavored Elves… they’re basically less interesting Blood Elves, and that’s it… that’s their schtick if you could even call it a schtick.

1 Like

But that’s not how Half Elves have worked in the world, and Dalaran magi are mostly Humans and Elves. They aren’t anything else, and not close to what the description of Tulnar are.

Also:

This. They’d be another Alliance race. And while I know there’s a large faction of Alliance players who want every flavor of Elf to be playable with their own customization and racials, I’ve seen many openly oppose more bland Elves.

It’s basically because they are the middle ground between fantasy and human-like. They aren’t as boring as humans, but they aren’t over-the-top fantasy like orcs and dwarves and what-not. It’s a nice niche that a lot of people enjoy. Most people right now just default to humans but dislike their model and lore. Many would change to a high elf if it was available.

1 Like

Come to LOTR…I am playing as high elf there :sunglasses:

The LoTR’s MMO? That thing is dead.

No I have not, I’m gonna leave my final thoughts though for now the forums are just too much today

I don’t take issue w Half Elves I think their an idea that in hindsight would have been better than pushing aside VE fans and BE fans both.

But I don’t find something in hindsight that worth speaking on, so I don’t object to this but I don’t have an opinion

Where my stance does fall is this, BEs lost visual uniqueness and got non impactful bare minimum options in return, other core races also got lack luster passes and SL originally advertised core race passes, so while I don’t have an opinion or objection to Half Elves the way Alliance High Elves I object to off the basis of infringing on a core Horde race, I do more or less object to adding too many superfluous races at a time Blizzard has issues doing things for the races we have.

Naw…folks still play it