Never raided before

So I’m here to get an idea of what to expect and how to prepare for doing raids.

How long are they usually?
I’m only 425ilvl is that going to work out for me?

So far it seems like i need to do The battle of Dazar’alor & N’zoth at the least since those are my next steps in my main quests ATM.

Any add-ons that might help me not get killed all the time please mention (:

You don’t need to do anything in Dazar’alor of you don’t want to, it’s old content now.

My suggestion is give LFR a try on the first wing of Nya’lotha. That will give you a general idea of what to expect in a raid situation.

Just an FYI, 425 is a tad low too. That’s going to sting a little bit for you. You’re going to want to do as many Visions as you can to try to boost your cloak. It needs to be higher before you attempt N’Zoth.

Edit: The addon you’ll want the most to keep you from getting killed is Deadly Boss Mods (AKA DBM). This will give you loud warnings when something bad is about to happen of when you are standing in something bad and need to move.

Watch some guides on you tube as well. My suggestion would be to find a normal raiding guild on you server.

You ilvl is about what people had at the opening of the teir so it’s not too low to raid but will be lower than other people’s.

Deadly boss mods or bigwigs will be a huge help, there’s many many more add-ons you can use, I would also recommend weak auras.

But my main recommendation again would be to find a guild to run with that can help you out and won’t boot you for poor performance.

Thanks guys. Ill try and do the visions. My first taste of one was bad those guys hit hard but that was awhile ago. Ive gotten a little better gear since then.

I agree with trying the first wing of LFR Ny’alotha.

425 is fine. If you know your damage rotation, you’ll be in the top 5 in damage, probably the top 3.

Any cloak is fine for LFR to Normal raids through N’Zoth. Running Visions isn’t needed until you are doing Heroic raiding.

Be aware there are usually a lot of wipes on LFR N’Zoth when you get to that.