Never Finished Legion, where should I start?

Hello,

Resubbed since I’ve got that new xpac itch. I never completed Legion or BfA, and when I resubbed my highest level toon (this one) was 44. I’d like to finish my mage class hall and some of the zone quests but I find I’m nearing level 50 and not close to done. I suppose my questions are:

• Is there anything essential in Legion to finish before trying BfA?
  • Is there anything essential in BfA I should do before I start Shadowlands?
  • should I lock my level at 50 or before to complete Legion/BfA then move on?
  • am I overthinking it, just get to 50, do Shadowlands, go back for completeness later?

Thanks!

People tell me that soloing some old content is easier at the moment on a fully BfA equipped level 50 than on a level 60. I would’t expect that situation to persist though as level 60 character progression happens and the new round of class balancing goes into effect.

Since the pre-patch, I’ve leveled toons to 50 and gotten the heart of Azeroth. Before going into Shadow Lands. Mostly just to have it in my bank as its possession opens up some other BfA content. People seem to have problems getting the heart quest if they return to BfA at level 60.

But, if you don’t plan on going for any Legion or BfA allied races, mounts, pets, etc., in the near future, there’s little reason to complete the content.

1 Like

I’d lock at 50 if you want to do BfA dungeon content or unlock any alliance BfA allied races (which require dungeons) so you don’t lose access to the dungeon finder.

Gearing in Shadowlands is currently very slow for casual players and the initial gear ilvl jump in Shadowlands isn’t nearly as steep as it’s been in previous expansions, so fresh 60s are weaker than even modestly geared 50s. So, it could be a while before you could actually solo the BfA dungeons.

2 Likes

Thanks all for the help. I just went ahead with starting in Shadowlands, I’ll get the rest of the stuff I missed later if I burn out with SL grind and need something fresh.

1 Like