[Neutral] The Torn, City of Monsters: Open to Odd Races (DISCORD ONLY NOW)

As of now, “The Torn” has switched to DISCORD ONLY roleplay.

IMPORTANT NOTE: For those interested in joining a discord community that roleplays in the World of Warcraft Universe, this might be a guild for you. We do have an in-game guild, bust most members have stepped out of it for the duration of Shadowlands, or longer.

As such, if you like this guild’s theme, and still want to be involved, you can.

IF YOU WANT TO ROLEPLAY WITH US IN DISCORD, BUT ARE A PART OF A DIFFERENT GUILD, THIS IS FINE AS WELL.

Greetings! Are you a roleplayer looking for a community that accepts things like (but not limited to): San’layn, Dragons, Demons, and many other odd races? There’s indeed a stigma against these, but if played right with a proper backstory to support it, some rich and dark storylines can be created.

RULE NUMBER 1: If you’re playing a “Kill on Sight” character, you must hide your nature in major cities! It makes no sense if you walk around freely, as NPCs will butcher you. We emphasize this in our guild.

Otherwise, there’s a lot of guild roleplay to be had. This Guild isn’t about what you are, but who you are. Often the races I mentioned are scorned and hated, but as we’ve seen throughout lore, there’s different personalities and they’re not all mindless drones. Those that seek a sanctuary and family might be interested in our “Keep” faction, which is a menagerie of all sorts of species.

Man Falls, this sounds great and all, but I don’t play monster characters. Will I be welcomed?
Good question! Of course you will. Again, the Keep doesn’t care what you are, but who you are. If you want a place where your character will be involved in many plotlines, be it light or heavy, this is the place for you. XENOPHOBIC CHARACTERS WILL NOT FIT IN HERE. If you flat out refuse to interact with some races, you’re going to have a bad time. I’m not talking “Oh San’layn are dangerous!” (although we have many vampyr… so your character would be wholly uncomfortable), I’m talking flat out refusal under any circumstance, or constant putting down of various people.

This is great and all, but I play on the Alliance.
Luckily, we’re neutral. Cross faction roleplay is now a thing, and if you want your Alliance character to visit, by all means, do so.

How’s the environment of your community?
We use discord primarily to talk with each other and plan events, share art, and just generally have a good time. WE ARE LGBTQ+ FRIENDLY and have many members of the community in our discord. If you aren’t alright with this, you aren’t a fit for our community.

I’m a new roleplayer…
You’re welcome in our community! We love helping out new roleplayers willing to learn and keep an open mind. Joining an entirely new game and community can be scary, we’ve all been there.

Other Short Information to Note
We have evil and good factions, so any sort of character will fit in, so long as you’re not playing too extreme. I go in-depth on our website for various details, it’s a long read, but worth it if you’re looking for a community like this.

Visit the website here:

Note from the Guild Master

• I LOVE seeing creative stories for otherwise odd races. Things like Ogre, Quillboar, Mogu, whatever, if you have a neat story to back them up and want to play one, I think it’d be a blast to have you join us.
  • I have a soft spot for San’layn. If you think any of our factions here that include San’layn or human vampyr fit you, do consider joining us :slight_smile:

ADD ME ON DISCORD FOR INQUIRY: Desastr#6423

9 Likes

This guild concept makes me big happy. :+1:

FREEDOM FOR THE ODDBALLS! :heart:

1 Like

Oh cool.

I’ve always said the only thing keeping me from playing more strange concepts is a lack of space to play them. Here’s a space. Definitely might be nosing into this.

2 Likes

I actually really love knowing that there is at least one home out there for the players who like to play obscure races. I love seeing those RP’ers out and about. Kinda makes me wanna brush off some of mine.

2 Likes

I hope things have been going great for this guild since their start! :smiley:

2 Likes

monster races dont get enough love. good luck, freaky boys.

1 Like

This is incredibly cool, I’d love to see and learn more about you guys someday in an IC setting. The whole idea and premise just…I dont know! I already said cool. It’s wholesome, interesting and unique.

You provided an awesome corner for different types of characters with a much different feel. I hope you are all having fun!

1 Like

Oh yes definitely, thanks for the kind words :slight_smile: We started in mid-WoD and have grown quite a bit, with lately of course seeing a spike in activity and plotlines. We have several darker ones going at once now (I’m pretty sure I need to give some of my characters a break, I rolled 1 and ended up somehow spawning 3 new evil San’layn. What a story that is.)

There’s been a ton of character concepts and growth over the past few months especially, which is great because unfortunately current content isn’t striking me at all anymore (you can tell by my abysmal gear).

Thanks so much for the kind words! Yeah way back when I started it, I saw nothing like it and to this day haven’t seen many roll with this particular concept. I just really love the idea of diverse character ideas and all races intermingling, be them accepted or scorned. It leads to some really fun plotlines all around and so much room for story building.

2 Likes

Popping in to say that I absolutely love this idea! My blind black dragon might be hitting you up soon.

1 Like

GREETINGS.

This guild has now shifted to discord only roleplay. We still have the in game guild, and might return someday if people enjoy the game again. However, we are open to those who would like to join plotlines/ideas this guild has who are fine with discord roleplay. I wanted to bring this up again for those that might be interested in this way.

1 Like