Netherwind Needs Free Transfers

This is my first post on the forums. I sent in a ticket and the GM told me I should post here with my concern.

Blizzard opened up free transfers for any and all ‘Low Population’ TBCC Servers, to medium/high/full pop servers. I’ve been following server numbers religiously for a couple months now and Netherwind has gotten smaller and smaller through out the last 3 months.

3 Months ago horde started transfering off, 2 months ago, horde were almost completely off the server. 1 month ago Alliance began transfering off, and this week according to Ironforge.pro we’re now 1,450 active chars. We’ve been losing players like crazy over the last couple of months.

Blizzard opened free transfers last Wednesday, (11/17/21) and Netherwind was somehow still considered ‘Medium Pop’ yet within less than 2 days of them offering free transfers, Netherwind went Low Pop. It’s the only server that has dramatically changed in population within the the time of Blizzard offering free transfers. It takes us 1.5-2 hours or longer to find a single group for just about anything at all times of the day.

Is Netherwind doomed to lower and lower pop, and never offered Free Transfers? I’m only on this server currently because of my guild/raid team. Though I don’t know how much longer we’re stick around when we can no longer progress/raid because no one is left on the server.

9 Likes

Amen, brother. We’ve lost another 500 people during the week that Netherwind was a destination server. Netherwind is dead. How many people are going to pay to transfer to an active server now or will they just end up cancelling their subscription? Please, give us free transfers so we can continue to play. We’re here because we love the game and want to play with our friends, so let us continue to do that.

5 Likes

Honestly all medium servers will probably end up low at this rate, just give everyone not on high pop free xfers

3 Likes

As a member of the last horde guild on NW, I couldn’t agree more. Blizzard should have done something already

3 Likes

Be thankful your not on fel striker which also was deemed not ‘low pop’ with its raiding population of 60 people

1 Like

Yeah but they ended up adding Felstriker as a source server the next day.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.