Nerfs Incoming

This, at least for some I’m sure. I am still worried about affi in PvP though. The spec needs some help otherwise it’s going to be nothing but destro locks queuing all expansion.

1 Like

I think they nerfed shard generation, limiting how many MR’s you can throw at someone for burst. I usually only get one extra shard during my Darkglare duration now. I used to get 3 or 4 additional shards.

I doubt that…lock was my main in Vanilla and BC and since then it’s always been my main alt…Locks will be fine and yea Affliction and Destro will be top dog, but honestly they’re easy to skrew up.

Yup, I’m one of these. I mained Afflock for years until BfA dropped. Going back to Afflock for SL.

I quit my warlock because of BFA, and here I am leveling him again… I can’t be the only one

1 Like

How many years is years tho

But when you’d pick him up?

That’s my thing.

Wow players come generally in three types

1. one class diehards (me, most warlocks I’d argue given we’re historically the 2nd or 3rd least played class in the game)
  2. altaholics, whether for the sake of alts or because they’re just Aggressively Min/Max types that would even change class chasing the dps, people who change class per patch, or maintain 2 classes at any given moment and go through 4-5 classes at least per expansion as mains
  3. love polygon, where you are “loyal” to 2 maybe 3 classes over the years

Majority of folks picking up warlock in preparation for SL is #2.

Lock was my main since BC. Didn’t play it in BFA due to hating all three specs. Affliction was just awful to play, and I’ve hated demo since the legion revamp. Was never into destro.

If I were to play SL, I would probably pick up (affliction) lock again. Still looks like a shadow of its former self (wrath to mop), but a big improvement over BFA.

CALLED IT!!!

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-warlock-class-changes/490693/329

1 Like

Yeah im the one class diehard for sure. Though bfa didnt make it the easiest to alt much for a time.

1 Like

Every class has had spells nerfed in the beta so you havent really called anything. Even in this recent sweep it was nerfs across the board across most classes. Warlocks still have a top tier spec in M+/pvp/raid. So it probably makes you look even more dumb that you think they got nerfed and still ended up on top.

2 Likes

You’re just wrong. Warlocks are always at or near the least played class, and always have been.

Yeah this is generally untrue usually mages or hunters do comparable damage while are subjectively easier to play. If of course you exclude destro.

Affliction just went from GODMODE to dumpster fire.

Did you even check the link? The discussion of same is now top of this forum.

Everyone knew Dec bolt was going to get nerfed since 99% of players were choosing it. Affliction was top 3 dps before and is still top 3 dps now so how are they dumpster tier?

Top 3 what??

Top 3 caster on a certain boss? OK, that I believe.

PvP/Raid, not M+

PvP? Doubtful.
Raid? OK. Top 3 caster.

M+? Aff is right back where it was for the last TWO YEARS. Dumpster fire.

R1’s are playing it fine and even skillcapped put aff on S tier.

Don’t answer, the monk is defo trolling…

The brains of dev team are eaten by zombies.