Nerfs as a Blood DK

Originally this was a comment, but I feel like BDK are typically ignored or disregarded in PvP–so I’ll copy paste into this post:

I feel like my unrated and warmode BDK PvP experience went from toothless immortal that can distract and occupy people to toothless guy that melts. As soon as a healing debuff is applied, even In 1v1 vs other max geared people, I just die.

I know the pvp community dispises BDK, and we’re mostly absent from rated content–but this change effects me in any open-world event (Not turning off WM, never). BDK’s baseline deathstrike is half as potent as UDK and FDK, around 6.x% in PvP–and our blood shield is tied directly to the amount healed. This is our only purpose: mobile training dummies.

I just want a lot of people to take time out of their day to hit me, for them to invite their friends and family too. For that experience to last indefinitely, for it to be inclusive and diverse in the number and class affiliations of those participating in my demise.

Edit: Also realized that I am actively killing myself with the Blood for Blood talent in an attempt to do some damage, with roughly 2 Heart Strikes costing a total of 6% HP per Death Strike that heals a bit more than 6% HP.

That basically nullifies the net HP gain.

Soo while I get that these changes were extreme, they’re felt more as a BDK–where our defensive kit is our entire kit.

1 Like

class tuning devs do not pvp.
they dont know any of this and they dont care.
they dont read forum posts either.

just play a guard druid, you can spin a flag in rbgs against like 6 people.
dont expect blizzard to fix anything, they never do.

3 Likes

You were affected by the Voracious fix, not so much the actual Death Strike changes.

This is a 37% nerf to the minimum heal so it is much harder to keep up sustain.

1 Like

You need Blood for Blood to kill? Do you not use Sanguination? Are you geared for haste? I’m out here melting faces with Dancing Rune Weapon on a 30 sec CD, Empowered Rune Weapon, and Abomb Limb at the same time.

Also hemostasis jacks our Death Strike healing way up and AMS will still heal us for an absurd amount of hp versus any magic damage.

I didn’t even feel the nerf.

I use a combo of blood tokens and honor gear for pvp, depending on if WM or BG. I use sanguine. Me feeling the difference MIGHT be since I use Blood for Blood, might be more people getting their pvp gear.

You can’t use BFB if you don’t have healer support and are focused by more than one person.

Which is sad, because it could be quite good if the cost was reduced by half.

It works just fine. Use it in something like Solo Shuffle where you will likely get refunded 1% if the health anyway through Heart Strike, you will have a healer, and you won’t be targeted anyway.

“It works just fine” ≠= “It is good”. If you are being even half focussed it is detrimental. It should act like a stance.

I used to use it in 1vX and stay alive.

Edit: Also haven’t touched solo shuffle more than once since they added tanks to the DPS pool. It feels horrible for everyone, especially as BDK. We can’t burst down people, so my team will always lose one first.

In shuffle you should be using Decomp Aura to lower max hp, pulling the kill target out of their healer LoS, and the moment the healer enters line, (grip) stun → strang → blind.

Unlike our DPS brothers and sisters, our grip is on a 15 sec CD and is great for forced repositioning as well as peels for our healers. The Walking Dead talent is criminally underrated for this.

It’s okay for fury warrior, warlock, demon hunter, and guardian druid to 1vX, but how dare Death Knights even dream of it