Nerf ret paladin

How can this class literally one shot every class, how is this good class design??

1 Like

Yeah. Prepatches are known for being balanced.

Go take a look at all the casters and MM Hunters and then come back. Stop by rogue’s house on your way home.

27 Likes

I agree nerf dh.

18 Likes

If they are strong on beta, they will get nerfed. I believe they are.

But if you think they are going to get any attention in prepatch… sorry.

Don’t forget to have a look at Elemental on the way as well.

3 Likes

Hmmm, my ret appears to be missing it’s singular button that deals ~20k. How odd, I’ll have to see if it’s a glitch…

More seriously, while it’s not always possible, cc, run, pop defensive when you see execution sentence and wings. Otherwise, yeah, like any class aiming to burst, it’s gonna hurt

5 Likes

And it’s not like Ret’s burst can’t be seen…

7 Likes

Sounds like a bad player issue.

4 Likes

I agree. Nerf ret!

If you’re Enhance, I’d recommend asking Blizzard for some survivability back. The Mael change makes you guys less able to heal and your defensive could use some love.

I win a lot of fights 1 v 1 in world PvP but:

1. I burn every defensive and offensive cd I have
  2. My opponent tries to slug it out with me, unwisely
  3. PvP is not balanced for 1 v 1 or world PvP, it never will be, and it would be unwise to even try

We will inevitably get nerfed and frankly I can’t wait. It will be fun to be slow and hit like a wet noodle so we can go back to complaining about not having any mobility.

7 Likes

I’m secretly hoping they at least let us keep reasonable healing. One of the reasons I play ret rather than pure dps is to assist others in various content. Having heals (limited via hopo and mana) that feel like they matter as they currently do bring me great joy.

I agree, our off healing is pretty nice atm. I’d consider trading some of that for some more mobility tbh tho.

2 Likes

Why are you QQing during prepatch? How does lvl 50 balance at all represent lvl 60 balance in a now level 60 game.

2 Likes

It isn’t good design. We posted on the forms saying it was bad design when they made the change. They did nothing about it and now we wait for the dps nerf that will ultimately carry over to a pve nerf because they gave us a ton of pvp burst.

1 Like

Level 50 class balance is not the final word on the SL Paladin unless you plan to stay at level 50.

Blackweb, bruh, the beta exists, it’s the same way there, we already know it’s the same way there as it is here, people were pointing out that the burst was ridiculous on beta before prepatch even launched.

1 Like

I have seen the videos of OP ret in beta.

What are the chances blizz will leave it that way?

Remember that some people in those SL pvp videos are wearing 190 pvp gear. Blizz gives beta toons enough honor to completely level up their pvp gear to 190. I have not done that yet in SL beta myself. It leads to a skewed beta test imho.

I wager high chances Blizz leaves it exactly how it is until a week after launch, and then they will nerf it into the ground without compensation elsewhere and claim they don’t have time to fix us and we’ll have to wait for the next expansion.

That would be the standard Blizzard thing to do.

5 Likes

There’s this and a few posts down there’s a topic titled “PALADIN IS THE WORST CLASS IN SHADOWLANDS BETA”. I’m gonna take a wild swing and say you’re both wrong.

I think the perspective of tiers skews people’s impressions on classes. Middle of the pack isn’t bad, for example, and low tier isn’t useless. All classes can manage all reasonable content outside of the exceptionally marginal population of those pushing things to the absolute limit.

Tiers are useful, but fun needs to come first.