Nerf Pallid Command, buff Shadow Priest in general

That’s it. Why have a covenant that is 8% better than all rest? Why have a covenant that is the best option in literally - and I mean, LITERALLY - every single game content? What kind of choice is there?

Do it for 9.1.5. This has gone unaddressed for too long.

Isn’t this pretty much the problem with the borrowed power systems? They are suppose to offer choice, but one option (or combination of options with synergy) just nullifies the rest. There are like 28(?) legendary effects possible, and it seems like a waste of effort because only a handful aren’t terrible.

edit: I said borrowed power, but I should’ve said anything that’s a choice. This can be talents, legendries, soulbinds, etc.

1 Like

Or we could not :slight_smile: much more fun in pvp than venthyr thats for sure

Citation needed on those numbers.

I agree, though I think there’s degrees. It’s okay to have mathematically better powers; In fact, I think it’s unavoidable. However, when we’re talking about a system such as covenants, which is very painful to switch, and with such a big difference in performance, I think action should be taken.

Or we could not :slight_smile: much more fun in pvp than venthyr thats for sure

@Thecandymann Well, I happen to disagree.

And even if that was the case, what is the point in leaving it the way it is? Why have 4 covenants, when only one of them is actually playable?

all4 are playable. idk what u mean. Pvp and pve all 4 are competitive. Kyrian being the farthest behind. Nothing u can do with something always being ahead of other things.

Whelp. I don’t know what you mean. No covenant other than Necro is currently competitive in PvE for Shadow Priests. And no, Kyrian is no longer the farthest behind. I think you have the 9.0 balance image in your mind; Yea, that patch all four were competitive, NF was the better one (not Necro) and yes, Kyrian was the farthest behind. This is not true for this patch.

ur confusing competitive v what is best. Unless ur parsing u can legit run any of them and do mythic.

I am parsing. Because, for better or worst, that is how guilds currently bench your performance. Since 9.1 released, I’ve been more and more harassed to switch, and in turn I’ve been less and less motivated to min-max. Why bother trying to be better, when just by switching covenants (and the associated legendary) I could gain anywhere from 500 to 1000dps. :man_shrugging:t2:

And although I agree with you that any of them can do mythic, good luck trying to argue that with everyone else. And I can’t help but empathize with them; I’ve been a raid leader of a group in a sponsored guild that fought for realm-firsts in the past and I used to have this mentality: everyone should always try to maximize their performance in every way possible; When running mythic raids, it is very common to have <1% HP wipes - any of those could be a kill if people were maximizing their DPS.

In anyway, this is a copout. The point in the OP is not whether or not you can raid Mythic as a Venthyr. Instead: we have 4 covenants, one of them is way ahead than others AND is also currently the best option for both PvE and PvP. This is ridiculous.

I could accept 9.0 having Venthyr be a tad behind NF and Necro in PvE, since it was the better option in PvP. Like, yea, one could argue that that was a fair exchange. However, now there is absolutely no excuse to choose any covenant besides Necro for Spriests; People always think I’m trolling, and I can’t blame them.

None are best option for pvp what? Necro and venthyr are both equally as powerful in pvp depending on comp. Even night fae is disgustingly good in some comps with its utility.

Nerf nothing, buff everything else aside from Devouring Plague.

At that point why even have insanity at all? What is the point of a spender if everything else in your kit is doing the same damage as it?

A spender is there to be a big deal that you’re working up towards.

Might as well revert shadow to wrath of the lich king shadow if thats what you want.

1 Like