Nerf Mistweavers

We get two major healing cooldowns, cocoon and revival/restoral. In what world does the cooldown on cocoon need nerfing. The majority of people who play MW don’t even go for the extra 20 seconds off the cd due to it being a 40% nerf on the absorb, so it’s a 1min 15 sec cd.

Complain and get fistweaving nerfed, don’t try getting castweaving nerfed. Btw they’re already changing cocoon in a future patch so that you no longer take the 45 sec off cocoon honor talent, and it’s a main talent choice (getting rid of the other 20 seconds off option). So talented cocoon will be 1 min 15 cd in next patch.

In a world of fistweavers

I don’t know about that

I think both are overtuned in solo shuffle though. The short cocoon CD is the biggest offender

Sure, but they have to be careful to not nerf caster MW which is underpowered right now.

It’s almost like you should nerf fistweaving or something.

cool story.

Can’t be used in stuns/ccs. Affected by dampening. Eats multiple talent slots to be good. Takes 5 class talent points to fully charge it up (requires essence font, which I included in the count as another burned point when not fistweaving), and an honor talent.

Oh also absorbs are bugged and sometimes don’t work. So there’s that going for it as well.

They aren’t going to nerf it. No one plays the spec, and it is very easily countered.

Good thing you can swap talents between RSS matches.

You can’t make someone else change talents though

I mean thats like saying you can’t make your partners not line you in RSS lol.

If your partners bad then they are just bad

The point isn’t anyone being bad. Fistweaver has a distinct profile that works extremely well with certain specs and not at all with others. It is a lot more variable than the rest of the healers in that regard. Everything has preferred partners, it’s just way more dramatic with fistweaver. If shuffle didn’t exist, I would not personally have any issue with it. It just sucks queueing into shuffle lobbies as something that doesn’t work well with FW because it’s going to gimp you hard when it’s your healer but then also probably be super strong into you. No other healing class sways lobbies like that.

FWIW short cocoon (assuming Chrysalis + Burst of Life?) won’t be a thing in 10.1. It’ll be back to just Chrysalis, AND they’re replacing Calming Coalescence with it, so Cocoon is gonna be smol

1 Like

Ive never enjoyed fist weaving. Would much rather cast and chill at the back

I think the longer cocoon will be a decent nerf. But we’ll see

It won’t sway at all if the fistweaver swaps to caster mwer for those matches.

Fisweavers are extremely broken. Who ever does not agree is delusional. All they have to is run in and do damage. If they get low just bubble port out heal to full and go back in and do damage. All while healing more than any other healer.

1 Like

But they don’t.

Yea the healing output and the lack of mana used is definitely an issue. Other healers can’t reach this level of efficiency which is what makes fistweaver even stronger. Melee healer is fine but they should go oom like everyone else

based ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

I look at it as losing the big cocoon talent (Calming Coalesscence) in return for freeing up a PVP talent slot since we’ll no longer be using the -45s cd cocoon pvp talent every game

fistweavers*

Being a melee healer they are also not 40 ft away from the action healing from relative safety, they are taking constant damage and thus need to have a higher throughput to account for this. Melee is just more difficult in general, there should be a premium paid for that difficulty. They are “situational” in some scenarios they are really good, in some scenarios they are downright useless… Try going up against a mage as a fistweaver. You can hardly heal if you can hardly touch the player. With essentially 15% less damage and 22.5% healing from that damage nerf they are going to fail. Hard.