Nelf Fans, don't pre-order

No point trying to argue with Elesana. She/He admitted 'twas a waste of time indulging her/him, cherry-picking and whatnot, y’know.

5 Likes

Playing as the victim absolutely sucks but I’d honestly always choose it over playing as the Third Reich expy. I’m surprised so many people are convinced that’s appealing.

9 Likes

And you’d be wrong. Once again, more Horde soldiers ended up in the Maw even before Sylvanas ordered the burning. The Horde relied entirely on holding Teldrassil to have the upper-hand in the war. And when Sylvanas burned it, the Horde predictably did nothing but fail over and over after.

That you think the Horde felt power from that shows you are not realistic, which is the only thing you’re clinging onto to excuse your fear-mongering posts.

9 Likes

And yet they completely obliterated the enemy, and I doubt it would’ve changed much if the horde occupied Teldrassil because as far as history goes, the horde never spares any civilians, let alone night elf civilians.

They destroyed the night elves in every aspect possible and sent them straight to hell, never has one playable faction dealt such huge blows to the other one, I don’t know how you wouldn’t feel powerful as a horde player after that. Same thing in 8.1 where one of your minor leaders without any special powers can take on the Night Warrior and Malfurion, because if the horde actually lost there, they wouldn’t have that feeling of power.

The only realistic thing is more devastating defeats for a race that has had nothing else in the entirety of wow (as long as the horde is involved in any way). Since the Horde is involved in sending all of those night elves into hell, I don’t see how the Night Elves could get the upper hand there on the obviously superior faction.

No they didn’t. They practically didn’t even touch the Night Elf army at all, which came back and defeated the Horde at Darkshore after with basically just the help of the Gilneans. That the Horde lost both the Darkshore Warfront and Arathi Warfront should tell you that the Horde do not feel powerful.

During the Alliance side introductory questing to the Darkshore Warfront, the Val’kyr stun the Alliance player and Tyrande. With the following affect:

The Val’kyr use chains covered in dark purple energy. There is even a clinking sound of chain-links rattling together that is heard during the ability. This ability is called Umbral Biding, and makes the edges of the Alliance player’s screen wick with dark purple energy while stunned by it:

And obviously, we have now seen this used by Sylvanas against someone else as well:

And Tyrande broke out of those chains like they were nothing. The Val’kyr were empowered by the Jailer the same as Sylvanas when they empowered Nathanos. And in the Alliance questing Nathanos couldn’t land a single hit on Tyrande or Malfurion, and Tyrande one-shot one of the Val’kyr despite their new found powers.

The Cataclysm Kalimdor revamp, Mount Hyjal and the Molten Front and the Firelands, Stoneplow in Pandaria, Val’sharah, the Emerald Nightmare/Dream, the Wardens (and, if one counts them, the Illidari), “Terror of Darkshore,” and even the Darkshore Warfront itself in the end were all the Night Elves pushing the threats that came to attack back and coming out on top.

Posting over and over that you don’t believe the Night Elves have never won anything when they have doesn’t actually contribute to anything.

11 Likes

And yet they still managed to drive them to near extinction…

The horde never came to darkshore to occupy these lands, the main goal was darnassus and since that was quickly taken care of with the bonus of killing most night elves and sending them to hell, they can still rejoice about getting Ashenvale.

And it still was a great way to deny the night elves any sort of justice or a feeling of victory. I’m glad that Nathanos survived so he can be redeemed too with Sylvanas…

And none of those are against the horde, the superior faction. The Night Elves got Darkshore back which the horde had hardly any interest in to begin with because they already destroyed the night elves beyond recovery. Meanwhile they are getting all the ressources they want from Ashenvale it seems like.

I admire your optimism about everything but I simply can’t be optimistic anymore after the same pattern has followed through the last 15 years of WoW, and I wonder if it will be the goblin miner or the orc peon that kills Tyrande in Shadowlands. I also wonder what reasoning there will be for the Night Elf souls to remain in the maw because again, freeing them would devalue the actions of the horde and the horde PC.

No they didn’t.

A way to analyze how successful the evacuation was might actually be from some pictures that are in the physical copy of Elegy:

And the accompanying text about just how many Night Elves ended up in Stormwind and Elwynn Forest:

The Stormwind night was alive with controlled chaos. Even in an evacuation, when the night elves could be forgiven for being terrified and out of control, there was no screaming, no violence, no crush of bodies crowding one another in a stampede to safety.

The cathedral could hold no more refugees, not even in the darkest corners of its extensive catacombs. The inns had ten to fifteen in each room. Even certain areas of the keep were filled with silent, stoic kaldorei. The flood spread to seemingly every surface of the city, continued down through the Valley of Heroes, and spilled out most of the way to Goldshire.

And, again, even the military was still intact after the war, enough so that the Night Elves won Darkshore with the aid of the Gilneans.

Sylvanas’ goal was never to occupy the lands. She lied to the Horde. The Horde’s goal was to occupy:

“They might try to conquer the Undercity . . . but Darnassus becomes our hostage against that. The night elves will not allow your city to fall if they fear it means you will destroy theirs. The same goes for a strike against Silvermoon.” Saurfang’s thoughts raced.

But Sylvanas threw that all away, just like she threw away the Undercity and the Horde after.

The Horde never knew Syvanas was lying to them, though. The Horde’s victory depended on them holding the tree. Sylvanas took away any chance the Horde had at victory. And so we saw the Horde do nothing but lose in BfA after.

In the Catalcysm revamp those were against the Horde, from fighting off the Horde recruited Shatterspear in Darkshore, undoing everything the Horde players did in Ashenvale, to getting rid of the Bilgewater from Felwood.

The only state of things we have for Ashenvale currently is the mission table missions, in which the Night Elves were fighting the Horde all the way back into Azshara.

I’m not telling you to be optimistic. I would like you to stop spreading misinformation, though.

You can also predict all the negative things you want. But don’t claim them as fact or being “realistic.” You’re no more likely to be right than anyone else is.

7 Likes

Highmountain in Legion was once planned to have Baine and Wrathion in it before they made Ebonhorn to replace Wrathion and Baine got all his stuff cut.

It is way to early to take Tyrande being in Shadowlands as gospel. Baine was supposedly cut from Highmountain due to the Alliance players not wanting to quest with Horde characters.

Given Shadowlands is a shared quest experience and the Horde players not liking having had to quest with Tyrande in Legion, it isn’t far fetched to think Tyrande could get the same treatment Baine got in Legion.

We have no datamining or PTR info to back up Tyrande actually being in Shadowlands when the finished product eventually rolls out. A lot of stuff will likely change between now and the Shadowlands launch.

1 Like

I don’t think this is the case at all, especially when Horde players didn’t want to quest with Tyrande even louder.

Given Val’sharah setting the precedent, it is more likely Blizzard would just stick with having the Horde quest with Tyrande in a shared questing experience as the Alliance.

1 Like

I didn’t see a single mission that would imply that…

I mean we know that it’s something negative from the formula we already had over 15 years, what exactly it is is hard to predict, but I think:

• Night Elves losing again
  • Tyrande dying
  • Night Elf Souls staying in the maw
  • Sylvanas redemption

Are the most likely ones. Now I’m just wondering if the peon or the goblin miner will overpower Tyrande.

If the horde players don’t like it, it’s going to get scrapped. Same thing with freeing Night Elf souls. I can’t see a single horde player wanting to free night elf souls from the maw and the outrage would be loud.

You’re confusing Tyrande for Vol’jin.

Once again, Horde players didn’t like that they were going to quest with Tyrande in Val’sharah, but they still had to when it went live.

Use your logic of Blizzard history for that and Ardenweald.

2 Likes

But… that mission doesn’t imply anything about ashenvale?

Nope, I’m rather sure it will go this way because tyrande is so weak and she wouldn’t deserve to put a scratch onto or even fight a major character like Nathanos or Sylvanas.

And once again, it’s not even beta yet and it can still change. Tyrande in Ardenweald doesn’t mean that it’s a good thing. Historically, she will look like a joke there, maybe even elune will look like a joke there …

I really commend Amadis for trying but this happens like every month with her I guess we can’t help it sometimes

1 Like

I thought you meant about attacking the Horde in Azshara. For Ashenvale we have missions like:

And I’m rather sure you’re wrong.

This is true. And equally, none of the things you keep claiming are in a beta yet, either.

Nothing changes because that statement is flat out wrong.

The Night Elves got their Pantheon back… including Cenarius.

Nordrassil the World Tree that got burned in the original franchise… is restored.

You got to explore ancient Night Elf history in the sunken city of Vash’jr.

You got to explore more Night Elf stuff in the Broken Isles.

If you wore any armor other than leather, you got some really neat Night Elf armor for transmog. If you particpated in the limited event you got a cool Night Elf flying mount that you will NEVER EVER see a Horde person riding.

Tyrande and Malfurion got a lot of cinematic time in both Legion and this expansion.

8 Likes

Horde got a literal Villain Bat.

16 Likes

A gothic bat at that. It’s the best Horde mount yet.

I’m partial to the Spectral Wind Rider.

I have different favorite mounts for each character… in some cases for each spec. My flame mage for instance favors the flaming hyppogryph. My Night elf druid, her Cenarian Hyppogrypyh, My Lightforged Draenei warrior who wears the Paladin Lightforged transmog goes with the Argent mounts

1 Like

Same here. Unique ground mounts and flying mounts for all my characters (except my Druids, because Travel Form). Even have unique pet teams for each of my characters.