Need some Canadian culture in WoW

Can you not let the Canadians have one thing? Sheesh.

I was just thinking, “Tim Horton definitely sounds more like a Brazilian name than a Canadian name.” :thinking:

That was EXACTLY what I was thinking. A real head scratcher.

1 Like

You must be swell at parties.

Tim’s obviously is culturally associated more with Canada than with its ownership.

THREE sugars?!?!?! Holy crap!

1 Like

You have canada in wow.

It’s called Northrend.

1 Like

Canadian Culture? Where is the Aussie culture?

We already have moose and beavers in the game. What we need is an NPC of Don Cherry dressed in his finest bright colored pink , purple and green plaid suit. Thinking he’d have to be a goblin with that mouth of his though . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

How about some Red Green references? He could be fixing everything with duct tape!

1 Like

I really need some hockey sticks to finish this transmog!

Also, Chicken Lady

2 Likes

It actually reminded me with how I have observed American politics these last few years. I shall now provide 2 examples, from the POV of each side lest anybody accuse me of being biased.

Example 1
Person A: I strongly feel to solve issue certain prison issues, we should legalize only Mary Jane as that is a victimless crime.
Person B: Wait wait, you want to legalize all drugs?! What kind of radical thinking is that?!?! Are you STUPID?
Person A: Wait what? I didn’t say…
Person B: YOUR COMMUNIST IDEAS WILL RUIN EVERYBODY AND CREATE A MASSIVE LAND OF PEOPLE HOOKED ON ALL THESE CRAZY HARD DRUGS!!!
Person A: NOW JUST WAIT A MINUTE YOU CRAZY FACIST JERK, I DIDN’T SAY…
Person B: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Person A: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Example 2
Person B: I think in order to spur more corporate spending, we should reduce taxes on larger corporations by 2%.
Person A: What is wrong with you? Removing all taxes from corporations is crazy!!! They need to pay their fair share!
Person B: I said 2…
Person A: CAN YOU IMAGINE THE CORPORATE FASCISM DYSTOPIA YOUR CRAZY IDEAS WOULD DO?! CORPORATIONS WILL TAKE OVER OUR LIVES!
Person B: YOU’RE JUST MAD THAT CORPORATIONS EXIST BECAUSE THEY DON’T LET YOUR COMMUNIST DYSTOPIA HAPPEN!!!
Person A: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Person B: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Trump walks in
Trump: I can murder somebody on the street and nobody would do jack squat to me! YAY!

So end Bipzi’s observation of American Politics.

2 Likes

You’re not satisfied with all the mooses we got in Legion? I think us Canucks got plenty of love already.

Impossible, we can’t block railway in-game…

3 Likes

Orgrimmar is too ugly and unworthy.

You have that huge moose mount and you can pretend Gnomes are hockey pucks.

1 Like

I’m from Nanaimo! If you want, I can tell you the secret of what’s in a Nanaimo bar!

At 1 atmosphere of pressure, it takes 1 Joule of energy to raise the temperature of 1 cubic centimetre (cm³) of water, which is also 1 millilitre by volume and has a mass of 1 gram, by 1° Celsius.

If you ask in standard units how many calories it takes to heat up 1 fl oz. of water by 1° farenheit, and then how many cubic inches that is and how much that weighs, the answer is “Go **** yourself”.

2 Likes

Canadian politics since the Harper era and continuing through today. “Oh, heck yeah, bud! Let’s get us some a that US-style politics here too, eh? Uhh, yer a buncha hoseheads, y’damn Tory/Liberal idiots! Oh, yeah, this is great! Let’s keep this up and really just give 'er!”

Too soon…too soon >_<

1 Like

The only advantage is the reason the units are such horrid beasts to relate to each other. Each Imperial unit is designed to be handy on a human scale. A foot is a good, easy to manage length whereas a metre is much less manipulable. 12’s and base 2 are also simple, clean divisions to use. 12 inches means you can divide it evenly into halves, thirds, quarters, and sixths- whereas decimal means it divides only into halves or fifths.

If I could change anything about the metric system, I’d make it work in base 12. Frankly, I’d make our number system base 12 as well. Having an abundant number for a base is just extremely powerful and creates many beautiful symmetries in a number system.

Base 12, the 13-month calendar, tau over pi… there are several areas where we ALMOST got the best system, but unfortunately, those kinds of systemic reforms are hard to get traction on. But one of them we should definitely do is convert the US to metric. And then start using tau. The beauty of tau is that you don’t have to change pi, just use the REAL circle constant in ADDITION to using pi. :slight_smile:

I might be the only one on earth that hate those…