Need more Beta Testers on PvE Classic Beta Realm

Hi.

I’m a Beta Tester. I mostly play on the PvE Classic Beta Realm.

Looks like everyone jumped on the PvP Realm, which is where all the “cool kids” and “streamers” are at, as the PvE Realm is pretty low-pop and a lot quieter. I’ve been seeing only a handful of people in Lakeshire (I’m currently a mage at level 24) and it’s getting much more difficult to do the outdoor world (elite) group quests because nobody seems to be around and many are not soloable.

Then I went to Stormwind to spam for a Stockade group and nobody wanted to go. There weren’t even that many people in Stormwind, which itself was odd. So I just killed some same-level mobs to get a few EXP bubbles and then logged off. I’ll probably just go do Darkshire next since I haven’t gone there yet and just solo whatever I can. I did report a bug yesterday on the Test Forum, so at least I’m doing my share!

So, just throwing that out there to Blizzard. Maybe they could send out new invites and limit them to only the PvE realm? It’s kinda lonely in here. I need some leveling, questing and dungeon buddies.

:slight_smile:

Thanks,
-Shamalok

18 Likes

Alright I guess, I’ll volunteer.

10 Likes

I am going PvP for live, but would totally just test on a PvE server. To keep things spicy.

2 Likes

Awesome!

Unfortunately, I have no power over the Beta selection process.

:frowning:

Figured I’d put this thread up here because the PvE Realm isn’t getting as much attention as that PvP Realm. So it seems anyway.

PvE Beta Realm feels kind of barren. At least on the Alliance side.

3 Likes

They probably should just lock the PvP server going forward. Everyone who gets in is going to want to roll on it for the chance to get on a stream or whatever and thus the PvE server is suffering. I’d gladly roll there if I had access.

2 Likes

Or just people who enjoy PvP.

1 Like

I love to PvP, but never understood why people love the idea of getting ganked on pvp servers many times because you’re just outnumbered.

I’mma be sticking to the PvE servers when it goes live.

3 Likes

I made a surplus of 6-slot Linen Bags to level up my tailoring and offered them for free in General Chat - nobody wanted them. So I just vendored them.

Do my Linen Bags smell funny or something?

Bag space is a premium at the lower levels. Where is everyone at??

4 Likes

ive leveled on pve servers in the past, not bad at all but blizz wont invite more people sadly. would level a 40 hunter no problem >.>

Nobody likes getting ganked successfully. People enjoy attempts to gank them which backfire because you turn around and wreck your opponent.

This brings about a level of satisfaction which is very difficult to experience on a PvE server where nobody will gank you even if you flag yourself.

1 Like

idk I just don’t find joy in being interrupted while minding my own business. It’s ironic, coming from a 8 year EVE: Online player because I was the one doing the ganking.

That said, it’s only fun for the active gankers: Mostly just stealth class, basically.

Prefer pvp servers my self, but at this point I am totally down to play on just the pve server to test :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PvP is fun. But we need dedicated PvE people to test the PvE servers, as they’re more focused on doing full quest lines and less focused on rushing and power-leveling and EXP farming to get to the level cap, which it appears to be the focus on the PvP servers.

At least from what I’ve seen anyway.

PvP environment from my experience (not a fact - just my experience) is more focused on rushing through things faster to avoid being caught disadvantaged by the enemy.

PvE seems like a slower, more take your time and check it all out type of atmosphere.

Again - just my experience.

2 Likes

And that’s just fine. We all have different preferences. That’s why there are different server types. :wink:

I’m thinking about switching over to the PvE realm to get away from all streamers and cool kids. Some of them are trying way too hard and it’s really annoying.

Vanilla character here…still waiting to contribute to the pve beta testing, not the follow a streamer testing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Every night I log on, I do a quick “/who” to see the # of people in the zone who are -5 to +5 of my level range and it’s usually about 8 to 15 people.

That seems really low to me. Again, I’ve been in Lakeshire the past few days, so maybe everyone skipped Lakeshire?

/shrug

Could be I’m too slow too. I’m only level 24 on my Mage, and I have a level 10 Warrior too, which took some time away from my main.

But still, seems like there should be more people here?

/shrug

I completely agree, the PvE beta test server has a very low population and needs more players. The lack of competition for quests/mobs is nice however, but I’d rather see more people on there.

I wish Blizz would invite me…that’s all I do is PVE :smiley:

1 Like

It’s great for the soloable stuff, but I have a lot of Elite/Group quests in the Quest Backlog now and I had to abandon some to make room for newer soloable ones closer to my level just to keep advancing.

Some of the older ones are grayed out now too, and won’t reward me anything relevant.

I hate dropping quests just because I can’t find a group to do them with. I like doing every single non-repeatable quest i can find.

The 20 quest limit is kind a wearing on that issue too.

2 Likes