Need help deciding all you Warrior mains!

I’m fairly new to the game, and I absolutely can’t make up my mind in deciding to pick a Melee class to play. The ones I’m stuck between choosing are the Rogue and Warrior. For all you Warrior mains…do they fair well in End-Game PvE content? Mythic+, Raids etc?

Also, how fun are they to play as a class and which one’s overall easier to pick-up and not have too high of a skillcap to master? Talking about the Rogue & Warrior that is.

Warrior is easier to play. Fun is subjective and the meta is always changing. Right now, war isn’t doing too well number wise in PvE but they typically scale much better than rogues as the expansion goes on.

2 Likes

I would say get both classes to 30ish and youll have a better idea of which suits your style more. I love warriors for their frontline tankiness, their damage style and their ability to perform multiple roles. I love the Iron juggernaut feel. If you’re looking for a consistent class with a good mix of gameplay from each spec, youll find that in warrior.

Rogue is no slouch in this regard either. Stealth is an incredible tool that not many classes get to take advantage of. Rogues can only dps but the difference in specs is quite drastic. One thing rogues bring more than just about any other class though is tools. They have blinds, stuns, saps, slows, all kinds of CC and ways to mess with opponents or boss mechanics. They are an incredible class as well.

I prefer to face my enemies head on. The strength of my arm vs theirs. Both classes will be a good time whichever you choose. The important thing is that you have fun.

If youre really having trouble choosing. Pick the one you like the lore and look of most. look up armor sets, check out fan art. That might help you pick the one that suits you more. Good luck my friend. Have fun, Play hard.

2 Likes

I love playing a warrior and as others have said historically warriors scale better than most other classes throughout the xpac. Play what you like and if you are good you will get what you earn.

2 Likes

They are just different play styles. I think the only thing they have in common is that they are both melee. So it’s something you’ll have to figure out for yourself.

One thing that warrior has over rogues is that warriors can also spec into a tank spec (protection). Where rogues are just 3 different melee dps specs.

I think it would be worth if for you to try both out and see what you like to play. As far as warrior’s viability in raids and M+s, I would just simply say, yes.

1 Like

Fun to hear the comments! I’m in the same dilemma. I’ve played rogue/warrior both to around 40 or 45 or so. Rogue… it’s hard to tell how good it can be early on due to the energy regen passives being sort of reserved for 25-35 level range. It feels pretty terrible early on.

I’ve found warrior to be so satisfying in terms of rushing into a group and destroying it. I do have to pay some attention when going through Shadowlands content, but I usually come out fine. It isn’t mindless but perhaps it become that way. With rogue, I definitely and much more careful and feel like there’s a lot of planning before I engage. I admittedly haven’t gotten them above 50 so am curious if it feels better with all the tools… but it’s so hard to get there, for me, on a rogue. I just keep thinking, “I could be a warrior!”

Not sure if that helped or not, but I really do find warrior to be enjoyable, manageable, with room to improve and not be super mindless. Plus their covenant abilities (mostly) all feel fun and excited. Rogue ones seem boring.

1 Like

I have the same issue with Warrior/DK(unholy)/Retribution Paladin/Havoc DM I like them all but with limited time to play I want to pick one that doesn’t totally get shafted at 60. Seems like all but unholy are in ‘not so wanted’ list what comes to ‘M+ and such’

1 Like

Speaking specifically PVE as a prot warrior we are not the Mythic meta this season, DH and pally will prob be pref for high keys but that’s just the kiting meta.

Raiding prot warriors I hear are more sought after (I don’t raid tank)

DPS I hear is lacking and needs buffs but in certain situations

1 Like

What are you looking for?

I’m assuming you want dps since it is between rogue and warrior. I’ll also assume you want to duel wield since I’m just connecting dots between the 2 classes you like, so that means fury.

Fury Pros
-Solid in m+ due to sustained aoe
-raid/group health buffer shouts

Fury cons
-lacking in dps for raids, but viable
-lacking survivability in pvp

Rogue pros
-shroud in m+ for awesome skips
-cloak in all pve content to negate mechanics
-fun to gank in pvp

Rogue cons
-low damage compared to other classes
-not a lot of utility outside of very niche
-very low survivability in all scenarios outside of some cd’s

For warrior you also have the option of prot to tank and arms which is slower and less sleek than the duel wield playstyle, but (at this time) better raid damage and just way better in pvp due to burst and survivability

1 Like

Warrior is easier and more enjoyable to play. Rogue requires a lot of understanding about other classes, game mechanic, bosses, tactics to really well perform in teamplay.

Well, I play warrior I’m bfa/shadowlands and in classic and dabble in pvp. As a result I hate rogues.

I have both classes at 60. If PvE is your primary goal, I would say choose Rogue. If PvP is your primary goal, I am enjoying my Warrior more in that field. Ultimately play what appeals to you most though!

I started as a rogue main this xpac and got it to about 215 ilvl. I almost always end up back on warrior, and here I am. I’m terms of difficulty, they’re both about the same with warrior probably having a lower barrier to entry.

If you don’t mind the outlaw playstyle, they’re great in keys. That said, they’re basically a worse dk in raids in terms of both DMG and utility.

As long as you aren’t pushing world first/CE content you will be absolutely fine with whichever you enjoy the most.

I mained a warrior back in the good ole days started in Burning Crusade stopped playing after WoD. When I came back in BFA for whatever reason I started playing other classes and let my warrior collect dust. The other day I just logged into my warrior for the first time in years and man it feels great lol paid for a server transfer and name change and I am just enjoying it so much.

1 Like

Arms is about as easy as melee gets, but the burst windows keep it decently fun. Ultimately, it’s still got a fair bit going on, but it’s all in CD order and sync rather than moment to moment decision making (beyond the extraordinarily basic). If Battlelord pans out, moment to moment gameplay may be pretty decent as well, though, while Condemn adds a fair bit to M+ playflow and can make you feel pretty boss opening into a raid boss.

Fury is memed on, but it’s only that—memes. A Venthyr Fury running Fresh Blood can have a surprising amount of things it must track, arguably ranking just above most WWer builds for total complexity/annoyingness (at least until Mark of the Crane gets unfortunately “bug-fixed”).

Both have decently strong identities but, having played all of them, I’d argue that Fury is one of the most thematically rich and fit melee specs in the game. Arms is mostly just held aloft by its CDs and has never really managed to cash in on its alleged themes, though its stupidly good 6s tank immunities deliverable every ~90 seconds are hilarious.