Need help choosing a DK race change per faction

I’m into PvE–namely aesthetics, fight animations and voice emotes. Even after multiple character trials, I still am having trouble choosing a race change for my Horde and Alliance DK’s. :crazy_face: As you’ll see, I talk myself out of stuff more than I do into it. (Any race not mentioned is due to the fact that I’ve ruled it out.)

ON HORDE: I’ve a female Belf DK but now find her puny for the class; I’m considering Undead (UD), Tauren, Pandaren and Nightborne (all female).

• I like the idea of an Unholy UD DK, but if I find the Belf too puny… sigh

• Tauren is hefty enough to wield a 2H sword. (I like my Tauren Warrior and Paladin; so I like female Tauren as a melee fighter.)

• I like the melee fight animations of female Pandaren, with the martial-arts moves; yet I may grow tired of Pandaren as a DK… :thinking: :woman_shrugging:

• I like the statuesque Nightborne; still, I find her general stance awkward, the voice too much like Sylvanas’ (for the obvious reason) and the lack of appearance options depressing.

ON ALLIANCE: I’ve a female Draenei but am bored with her as a DK. I’m considering a Human, Dwarf and (maybe?) DID (also all female).

• Human gets mocked for being too generic, but there’s something about the overall look of the female Human DK that seems fitting.

• Dwarf has the heft/ strength to handle 2H swords, but the short stature may come to see too short for a DK.

• I’m iffy on DID, due to their fiery nature. I may prefer IF Dwarf over DID for this reason alone. (Same potential shortness issue applies to the DID as a DK.)

Not sure how you get bored of a Female Draenei DK, but ok… try a Female Worgen instead.

i like 2h female belf animations, nightborne animations, pandaren animations and tauren female dual wield animations. i main a male 2h tauren and it looks really clunky especially with frost strike.

Panda, never gets old. You will be like a celebrity and people will notice you.

/thread

1 Like

oh my god is that a panda

3 Likes

See OP? I told you.

Yes Sir, I am a Panda.

1 Like

hello panda can i have a hug!?

One moment, just need to finish this autograph…

Alright, hugs

1 Like

I GOT A PANDA HUG! :smile:

1 Like

I really dig my Worgen DK for alliance. The extra speed and being able to “mount” ( Running Wild ) in the maw is AWESOME, no Twisting Corridors for me!

If it makes you feel any better, I’ve a female Draenei Mage and Shaman, as well as a LFD Hunter and Paladin. I’ve not tired of them, so it’s something to do with the DK class, I can only assume. :woman_shrugging:

Don’t rule it out.

Give it another think. Worgen DK a great idea, been thinking of rolling one myself (though admittedly I am loving a Red Panda DK as well).

I’m thinking it’s a personal thing for you. I have a Female Draenei DK myself and I absolutely love it, if only for the transmog options.

I picked up a set from Hellfire Citadel that looks amazing as a Frost set (with an SL helm though, because it just looked awesome in place of the set helm)

Orc DK is only valid DK

3 Likes

Worgen can use Running Wild in the Maw??

1 Like

Yep, I didn’t believe it at first either til i started leveling this alt.

Damn, I was torn between my Worgen and LFD warriors but this just made it a tad easier!

Any reason you don’t play men?

Because that’s rude smh. Playing anyone is just bad manners.

I love what plate looks like on Z trolls. I also like the idea of a nightborne BDK, with rivendreth. I have a human DK as well, but it was just for farming alliance reps for ARs I will never use, lol.

I’m a female player who had to play male characters for most video games–before more female char options existed; now that I may play chars to which I better identify, I go for it. (I say that as a non-RP’er, too.) Nowadays, playing a more bulky male, no matter the race, seems jarring. That’s about the best way that I can explain my leaning toward female chars. (Ironically, my husband’s main is a female Troll. Maybe he, too, got tired of playing solely male chars during his childhood. :grin:)

:laughing: Agreed.

I indicate in my OP the races I’m considering; all Trolls are out. (I’ve one Troll Druid–the exception to my rule.) A NB BDK going with Rivendreth could be cool. (I don’t tank whatsoever, but you ought go for it, if that race-class combo.'s calling you.)

I’m semi-fearful that a Human DK would collect dust for me, too; still, I like my Human Paladin… But since I’ve a (higher-lvl) LFD Paladin, that may be give me more reason to go with a Human DK and delete my Human Pally.

1 Like