Need help building new PC for WoW only!

I mainly just play WoW now.

Currently FPS is above 100 everywhere, just some places I notice a little bit of stutter when a lot of people around or 25man raids.

Current specs: CPU 7700k - GPU 1080ti GTX.

1 Like

Do you have a ssd? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do, SSD only make loading screens faster etc… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s probably your CPU that’s getting capped, not your GPU. Depending on the resolution you’re pushing a 1080 Ti should be more than powerful enough, so you might actually be able to get away with just a new motherboard and CPU.

That said, it’s pretty much impossible to entirely eliminate framedrops due to how WoW is built. There will always be times when it dips below your screen’s refresh rate.

1 Like

Just asking, I dunno much about pcs but I have a similar set up and have no issue what so ever.
I’ll be quite MEOW :slight_smile:

Decent setup, if you have the means and capability, I would put a mild overclock on the CPU, that CPU overclocks nicely if you have an adequate cooler. I would start with 4.8GHZ and go from there.

1 Like

WoW is a CPU reliant game.
So I would get the CPU with the highest frequency, which would be i9-9900ks.
While WoW does use multiple cores, speed is still king, not the amount of cores.

GPU doesn’t have to be current. I personally think you could just use your current 1080ti and put all of your money on CPU, since you’re only going to play WoW.

2 Likes