Need DK advice vs Warrior and Hunter

Season 4 is the first time I tried pvping for real but for some reason i just can’t make heads or tails on how im suppose to play into fury warriors or hunters in 2s. With hunter it feels like im fighting just to catch up with them, then they feign my stacks…

warrior it’s the opposite problem. I can’t seem to peel them off and it feels like they just out-muscle me.

any wise DKers or vets got any tips and tricks they could share?

2 Likes

Hunter seems fairly miserable depending on healers because I think you’ll probably have to kill the healer but into Warriors I think that it’s just minimizing trades outside of Blight, Dark Transformation and Limb. Just dot/chains and run around pillars. They can’t Crushing Blow to you if you’re out of line of sight.

Death’s Advance also breaks you out of Spear of Bastion, and should always be available for it.

4 Likes

You can beat every warrior if you change your name and every hunter if you change your race

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, Unholy isn’t very good in 2’s and it’s not due to them being bad, but the meta in 2’s being strong against them - this includes warriors.

You’re able to kill in the opener. Trinket the disarm in your goes, because you can INF/Lichborne out of whatever the warrior has. Kite in between abom limb. You can use Unholy Blight/ Dark Transformation between Abomb CD’s. It’s imperative to have your healer cc theirs in your goes - and you follow up. You can grip into your healer’s range, but save global for your only win condition - your go.

Admittedly my friends only play Rsham or Rdruid, so it’s easier to kite. Fury. But think of yourself like a hunter when abom isn’t up against a fury.

Hunters teams, if it’s not a Rdruid, you just kill the healer. If it’s a MW, run double grip. But either way, it’s up an uphill fight from the time the gates open to finish.

Still super fun though. And now I’ve to log on to play again!

2 Likes

Run double grip pvp talent into Hunter, and main thing is keeping chains of ice applied, and reapply your dot right after Feign death. also using your abomb limb at the right time will help dramatically. Lastly, get your pet leap off of automaticaly casting, keybind it and when your pet dark transforms, your pet leap is a root. Goodluck

3 Likes

This didn’t go unnoticed

5 Likes

Thanks I feel like I got some pretty good insight from yall. I’ma try to put it into practice and maybe do 3s as well.

1 Like

3s is much more enjoyable as unholy.

Still have a lot of ape furys smashing 1,2

but at least they might swap your teammates when you run away

1 Like

Some more tips:
Never use death grip when you are out of range of a hunter. Instead, chains of ice the hunter and then run towards him. Most of the time the hunter will panic and use his movement ability. Death grip immediately after he uses his movement ability. If you are running deaths echo (which you should against hunter), you can grip at the start and save the second charge for when he uses movement. If he uses movement and you grip him, you get a free melee damage time until his movement cds are back up.

For warriors, you can also run deaths echo but usually chains + death’s advance or chains + wraith walk is usually enough to get away. You can also LOS behind a pillar so he can’t charge / intercept you. Same thing, chains first and wait for the warrior to use charge or intercept and then use your mobility afterwards. If you panic use your ability first you will have nothing to run away. As an example, if the warrior is on you, you can blinding sleet / pet stun / asphyxiate and then wait for warrior charge and then death’s advance away.

1 Like

Against hunters I like to just kill the healers.

1 Like

I finally broke 1800 through 3v3s which was my goal before DF and I just came back to thank yall for all the tips you gave me. I still got a long way to go but I feel a little bit better about the path ahead

2 Likes

Congrats!! 2100 in DF for sure :grin:

1 Like