Necromancers' new clothes

Im gonna have to say that if necromancers are introduced as a new class they wont be what you think.

Option 1: They dont add necromancers and just turn unholy dk into a ranged class. I could see this as a viable option if part of the dk identity wasnt runeforged weapons. I dont think they will try to adapt runeforging to ranged.

Option 2: They add necromancers but redefine them. Blizzard will use this as an opportunity to explore what death magic really do outside of raising the dead similar to how the rekit of the shadow priest brought new shadow/introduced new void lore into the gameplay. I believe this is the most likely eventual class.

Option 3: Class skins. Could be cool but id rather not take the chance of ruining a future class.

I dont really see adding necromancers as a summoner of hordes of undead as a possibility. They would have to change demonology again and i dont think they will discard the demon commander theme with how prevelant demons have been in wow history.

I do hope for the return of Kel’thuzad though. He can lead the forsaken now. I dont like the idea of people with loyalty to the alliance leading a horde race. What happens when the 5th war rolls around? (Sorry for off-topic.)

I am all for changing demonology again and discarding the demon commander theme :smiley:

1 Like

not sure if you know anything about upcoming patch content but they already have someone else picked for leading The Forsaken.

what if they follow the diablo theme of death as part of nature? Hippie necromancers. Although if they go that route they should look at Persephone from Smite for a bit of influence.

That’s Kul Tiran Druids.

I know this. Calia and she is too alliance friendly. Again will she lead the forsaken in a war against stormwind?

On the bright side, less stealing from warlocks if Druids have to share.

Necromancer 5th druid spec confirmed. No one would see it coming.

Also I dont do alliance stuff so i dont know the lore behind kul tiras.

But I want them to steal from Warlocks.

Demon Hunters took what I liked. I’m hoping Necromancers will take what I don’t like lol

I was hoping you wouldn’t invoke us, but you couldn’t help it!
How about we take the rest of your stuff and you just cease to be a class!

I could use a chaos bolt ranged option for those times I have to pull out of the hitbox.

Also, don’t see how Kel’thuzad would come back to lead the Forsaken. The Forsaken, who are traitors to the Lich King’s cause, to be led by the former Lich King’s top lieutenant? :thinking:

Blizzard is free to do that if they think my money is stinky or something.

1 Like

How about a voidwalker or succubus? A lot of pets gonna need new homes.

Those are demons. Their final destination has already been decided, and it ain’t no home.

Of course it’s icky! It was touched by a warlock.

When Mortis touches things he doesn’t make them icky!

He makes them tasty :heart_eyes:

I’m honestly torn between thinking the new class will be Necromancer or Tinkerer. Necromancer seems to align with the story direction, but elements of a tinkerer class are already in game (on display during certain island expeditions and story quests) and they could use them to add a third mail class to the game (instead of a fourth cloth).

Part of me thinks they will just retool the Unholy DK around more death magic rather than plague magic and call it a day. They are the closest thing in-game to a necromancer so it would be an easy transition.

Some kinda necro would definitely be cool, just because it was my favorite EQ class but WoW’s own reskin (the warlock) just hits me all wrong aesthetically. Summoning the dead is cool, summoning mostly generic looking demons (I think the feldog is like the only kind of cool one), not so much. So even
if they just reskinned warlock to a necro, I’d probably play it. Every time I’ve tried to play a Warlock I couldn’t make it past 25 due to not liking my pets. I even like the warlock tool kit, just not the class aesthetic of demon-summoner.

I am all for changing back to where it was before it became “how fast can I throw grenades…errrrr, I mean disposable demons…at something I want dead?”

There won’t be a 5th war. That’s what all the “breaking the cycle” talk was about.

They’re not adding necromancer’s. They’re adding tinkers.