Necrolords, so close. -slight spoilers_

Why couldn’t the Necrolords get Draka, Mograine, or even Lady Vashj as a soulbind?

1 Like

If I was a betting man, I’d say it’s because those three will eventually become Margraves or something reasonably high in Maldraxxus. Therefore it wouldn’t do to make them soulbinds.

Like I can see Vashj becoming Margrae of the rebuilt House of Eyes, Mograine Margrave of the Chosen, Draka either becoming the Margrave of the Chosen instead of Morgraine or the replacement of the Primus.

5 Likes

They added Mograine and Vashj because not one single soul cheered when Draka was announced.

Draka 100% will become Margrave at the least.

6 Likes

I cheered. I wanted to see a bad mofo orc lady being a bad mofo. And maybe seeing her son all grown up.

WoW could use more bad mofo ladies.

4 Likes

I meant at Blizzcon, but point taken.
https://youtu.be/-Q67Upjq7H8?t=487

4 Likes

Yeah, as much as I like the idea of the Primus … I could see Draka taking his spot. But god damned if she ends up there she better get a custom model. Like, that one she’s sporting now with a default Orc Female in the Chain Armor set is truly not doing her any favors. Though, her presence in the actual Campaign part of the Necrolord campaign isn’t too bad.

Either that or she’ll lead the Chosen, with Alexandros as her support.

Nah cuz Plague Deviser Merileth and Princess Emeni will likely be the new Margrave of Plagues and Margrave of Constructs

Because we all know those characters and all the soulbinds are new characters we don’t know, it’s part of narrative construction

same reason we don’t soulbind with Ysera or etc

Primus is making a comeback imo, or Bolvar becomes the new Primus maybe, I just don’t see Draka, Alexandros, Vashj, or otherwise doing it.

5 Likes

Pft, Blizzcon audiences also cheered WoD and BfA. That tells me all I need to know about their trustworthiness when it comes to reactions.

… 'Course I maybe also cheered the WoD cinematic because it looked really hype, but still!! I never cheered for the BfA one, meaning my opinion is clearly slightly more grounded in reality!!

Draka for Warchief next expansion so she can die again and Gallywix can lead us to Faction War 3: Revenge of the Wix!!

1 Like

WoD > BFA I am of course talking about the game in general, you got free gold, possibly years of subs or months etc. so it was good imo, It would obviously have been miles better if it had World quests and its associate systems, as well as m+ system. Hell it would probably have been equal to legion in that case.

5 Likes

Not to completely derail, but comparing the two? I’ll take a lack of solo content over solo content that makes me feel bad for playing it.

2 Likes

was less stress too no need to grind honor or whatever for essences or azerite power or do islands for mounts or pets that never drop etc.

It always cracks me up how completely dead-silent the audience was when he mentions Draka. Like, not even ONE person cheering or making a sound, compared to how the audience roared at the mentions of Uther and Kael’thas.

12 Likes

Their fault for not writing enough of the women characters with sufficient depth and centrality over the past 20some years lol

3 Likes

Our buddy Marileth was soulbound to the house of plagues Margrave at one point. I think they’ll end up as big wigs too, but I also think at least one of them (probably Vashj) will become a soulbind later on.

If they weren’t so quick to villain-bat and axe off strong female lead hopeful, Zaela, she could’ve went on to be a great female character with depth and centrality.

5 Likes

Margrave Merileth and Baron Kevin would be a dream come true. My love for the House of Plagues would only grow.

3 Likes

Ah my apprentice, you return at last!

God I love this guy so much.

2 Likes

Margrave Princess Emeni

Magrave Merileth and Barons Kevin and the guy who summons the bosses for us

Kevin transforms into a slime-swolekin when he gets a promotion

You mean the woman who was using the chains of the demon soul to enslave drakes? Yeah her story was never going to end well. Speaking of which did we every destroy it?

Yes, but to enslave Black Drakes who are already evil anyways and forcing them to fight alongside us. I’d say the ends more than justify the means in this case. And the only reason she even became evil was cuz Blizzard randomly decided to retcon her entire characterization up to that point from being open-minded visionary, to a racist gestappo.

Nope, she used it to become a raid boss, then a dungeon boss, and then it’s promptly forgotten or left on the chopping block along with the rest of WoD lore.

1 Like