Necrolord -swapping covs

Hey guys - hopped on the BoaT a bit late, but managed to have a lot of fun in arena(specifically 2v2) cheezing my way to 1.8 with convoke.

However, looking to branch out a bit and try something new! Necrolord!

So, my question is for fellow Boomkins out there that have had success with Necrolord/Adaptive swarm…

How do you like the playstyle in arena and rbgs?

Is it fun?

How viable?

Is it necessary to stack haste, and replace all the mastery gear I can if possible?

Which legendary do you use?

I’ve only ran into one boomkin in 2v2 that was Necro - he was with a holy priest… The pressure was felt.

I haven’t played boomkin as necro, but do have experience with it in resto. Just from that I can tell you that your survivability will be pretty crazy, so it seems to me that your goal will be longer games focusing on rot pressure.

The best leggo to work with swarm I would think would be Circle of Life and Death. Talent into Stellar Flare, dot everyone you can and then use your mobility and bear form to survive til damp ramps up high enough. Either way, yes, you would want as much haste as possible over mastery.

It might be more viable to run in 3s with an aff lock or spriest (running resto affinity for more synergy with Swarm) than in 2s, but either way I just can’t see it being anywhere near as good as Fae or Kyrian. You’re giving up quite a bit of burst needed for kill windows compared to either of them.

If you manage to figure out a way to make it work I’d be interested to hear updates though. :slight_smile:

Edit: Hmm… Afterthought here. Perhaps with an aff lock or spriest in 2’s too, but with you acting as the healer for the team with Resto Affinity/Heart of the Wild? Not sure. :man_shrugging:

I play necro boomy in rbgs and bgs. For arena it’s ok, not as strong as kyrian. You need to play circle though for it to really shine. Pop swarm on a target with sunfire, moonfire and fury of elune and they will melt.

Thanks for the responses you two - happy to hear that at least one other boomkin enjoys the circle/rot playstyle… at least in RBGS!

I can’t tell based on your current profile, Darkombra, since you are currently specced Feral with massive Mastery stat allocation… But, I assume you have a completely separate set for your Boomkin with more haste?

Thanks,
Manicure