Necrolord command table abilities not working as intended

Hi! I’m a Necrolord that has been religiously using the command table since the second week of launch. While I’m having great fun with it, I’ve noticed a glaring issue: the Necrolord troop Plaguesinger’s ability, “Plague Song,” is not working as intended. Its tooltip describes it as dealing damage each turn for 4 turns, but currently it only triggers damage on the turn it is cast. Having used the command table for multiple weeks, I can absolutely confirm that not once has it worked the way it is intended. This results in a 75% damage loss. Imagine if a Mage or Warlock spell did 75% less damage than their tooltip says. There’d be chaos in the forums!

This week, we got our third soulbind and companion Bonesmith Heirmir, but this introduces an even bigger problem: their passive ability “Serrated Shoulder Blades” is described as dealing damage to enemies who attack them, but this is currently not working at all. In the four or so adventures I’ve sent Heirmir on, and having checked the combat logs for all of them, not once have I seen Serrated Shoulder Blades deal any damage whatsoever. This is a massive issue even worse than Plaguesinger, because at least the Plaguesinger deals 25% of the damage they are intended to do. With Heirmir, they literally deal no damage!

Anyways, I’m really enjoying the direction Blizzard has been going in with the companion table system, but I would greatly appreciate if these issues (one of which has been in the game since Shadowlands release day) were fixed. Thank you for your time.

5 Likes

Replying to bump this. Bonesmith is still an amazing companion but yes her return damage passive is not working. I’ve kept a close eye on attacks against her and neither auto attacks or abilities trigger her return damage.
Also there is missions with troops that have this same mechanic but they are NOT passive abilities and only last 1-2 rounds.

2 Likes

Bumping this post for clarity. This person is completely right. These abilities are not working as described. Bonesmith passive ability not proccing on taking melee or ability damage.

2 Likes

Came here to say the same. Bump

1 Like

On the flip side, Plague Deviser Marileth’s Volatile Solvent hits all enemies, not just the nearest. And is still not as good as Dreamweaver doubling the damage of her whole team.

1 Like

Gunn Gorgebone heals himself every other round, not every round as the tooltip says.

Yup, I’ve noticed this too. Blizzard will probably do absolutely nothing though.

1 Like

Still bugged.

Bumping thread because this issue is still persisting. The Bonesmith and Plague song bugs are very frustrating because we are missing out on a lot of passive damage that is very important for late game missions.