Necrolord buffs not enough for necrolord frost

Frost necrolord PvE performs bad still. it only sims 100dps~ behind venthyr on PTR, but its 1500 damage behind venthyr. Keep in mind there is an ilvl difference of 5-10 on warcraftlogs but…

Am I going to be forced to switch venthyr if I want to be somewhat relevant? What is the solution here? If they buff frost, then venthyr just gets stronger. Can anyone with PvE experience chime in?>

That would be because most of the competitive people are playing fire, and the ones that are frost are venthyr because necro is widely considered bad. So the people who compose all of those samples aren’t representative of how it could actually perform.

You can definitely be competitive as necro, especially with the duration buffs making it last for most of icy veins. It will be the best aoe option but will likely still perform worse in single target that depending on the fight might be a large discrepancy.

We’re also comparing sims(perfect rotation, rng, no mechanics) to real world practice. Most likely Necro will still be behind Venthyr because of the latter’s more on demand burst. However, over the amount of damage you get out of the CD may still keep it pretty close. 500 dps or less is a safe variance between the two I think.

If it makes you feel any better Apmbillion, a necrolord arcane mage is someone to look to.