NE genocide didn't happen - Redshirt Guy

But why did they think it would be a good idea to include something like this? Especially when it happens to a playable race and the most popular alliance race.

1 Like

I don’t think they thought about it all very much in the way we think or expect them to. I was simply pointing out that “Nation commits genocide, nation who committed genocide is never punished, any victims of said genocide that try to rebel and demand reparations are portrayed as wrong” is perfectly American.

6 Likes

That’s deep homie. Very true… very true. :pray:t6: :fist:t6:

4 Likes

Yeah, there’s a lot of parallel stuff between the fall of the Eredar and Orcs.

Saurfang is hardly a random fugitive. He’s a war leader a lot of Horde probably served under as well.

He helped in Siege and was leading in Legion. Not having a central role in a couple expansions doesn’t diminish who he was.

1 Like

which he couldve done something with, but he deserted instead without telling us where he was going

oh yeah he killed some klaxxi, in legion i dont think he appears outside the warrior campaign where he gets you killed.

And he’s in Grommash Hold as helping lead and defend the city. Though, he doesn’t get you killed in that quest. You agree to join him, he gets shot down, then later you go on and get killed in a fight.

Except that it kind of blew up. That cradle is more like a mass coffin.

Teldrassil was THE center of population of the Kalimdor Night Elves. It included one major city and a couple of smaller towns. It also had a handful of firbolg communities and at least one or two harpy hamlets.

Doesn’t make it the cradle then does it?

1 Like

That really depends on which of many definitions of the word you’re going to hang your argument on.

1 Like

Cradle implies birth place. You cant say claim a tree that is only 25 years old is the birthplace of a race over 1000s of years old

1 Like

Cradle also is a definition for carriage especially in it’s use as a verb. Given that Teldrassil was literally holding the majority of the Kalimdor Night Elf population that existed at the time, it’s an accurate word to use.

Wasn’t it Feralas?

When you talk about the cradle of a civilization, you are talking about where it was born. That’s just what that expression means. If I could post links I would direct you to the Wikipedia entry.

First sentence: “A cradle of civilization is a location where civilization is understood to have emerged.”

Teldrassil is not even remotely the cradle of Night Elf civilization.

7 Likes

This is a recurring flaw with almost the entirety of BFA. The devs seemed to have lost all coherency between the Horde and the Alliance.

Your example of Yrel. Big news for Alliance players but never seen by alliance players. As far as the Alliance experience goes the supporters of Garrosh came out of the woodwork.

The San’layn being allowed into the Horde as a dark mirror of the High Elves’ Silver Covenant (Two highly requested playable races) but is never seen on the Horde side of things.

The Alliance payback in 8.1 by killing Rastakhan. He was interacted with by the Horde but was just another raid boss to the Alliance like the Loa Council was. Grong being raised and sent back at the Alliance had more emotional ties to the Alliance than Rastakhan did.

The Val’kyr killed in the Night Warrior bit was a blow to the forsaken, but near as the Alliance can tell it was just a scourge mook that was named just for this event. All the importance of the Val’kyr are told on one side only.

It is obvious they came to see the problem given the addition of a cheevo with a mount incentive to pay the other faction.

3 Likes

Yes, but the phrase “cradle of [a] civilization” is an idiom with a specific meaning, namely the place where the civilization originally developed.

And again thats not teldrasil

Yes it was… because cradle is an ongoing thing. At the time of its destruction Teldrassil was the cradle… the pinnacle of modern Night Elf civilisation. It’ was it’s cultural center. And it was a very different situation than that which was centered around Suramar.

well apparently the absolute majority of night elves were present in teldrassil when it was burned, they had to make sure that the race is near extinct after that to bring them in line with high elves …

Unfortunately, it took me far too long to accept this basic truth. I hope this country can change in the coming years.

3 Likes

Much of the text that’s being datamined from Alpha is placeholder text that’s going to be yanked out and replaced. So take any revelation with a huge helping of salt.