Naxx Isn't Unbelievably hard it's just extremely expensive, The game is dying Why can't we have pre patch right now?

Nope, in nilla we got two versions, and we got the one that is tuned down, atleast that is my memory of it…

The tuned down version came right before TBC, could been done with prepatch… and Naxx will close and wont return till Wrath… its why so few back in classic managed to complete T3 or get the staff… it was a combination of to little time, and alot of people were just burned out…

And its the same with MC and Bwl, its also nerfed, we did it with all the gear and buffs that exist in 1.12, thats a entirly difrent game then 1.5 and earlier… most of you guys just dont realice how much better gear is in later versions, just go look at the stats on early sets vs later versions of same sets… not to mention the extra influx of spell power gear…

Its a entirly difrent meta, but either way, im glad i got KT down this time around, only got to 4ponies back in the day, before our guild crumbled to fattigue like so many others !

You’re thinking of patch 2.0 which was released a few weeks before TBC. That nerfed the entire game. BWL and MC were stealth nerfed by nature of classes getting more powerful over time.

AQ (Other than C’thun), and Naxx are basically the same difficulty they were on patch release. Naxx is much easier this time around because everyone knows all of the strategies and meta comps and had the best pre-naxx gear before the raid even started.

People ran into a brick wall on 4H because most people hardly had 8 warriors, never mind 14 of them geared through the teeth.

Add world buffs to the mix and it’s like coming in at level 70

Naxx didn’t close in BC till the end. You could still raid Naxx with 70’s until they decided to add it into wrath. There is a awesome old video of 60 war that got 2 MoM from his 70 guild so he could pwn ppl in AV before the 60 locked account change

To me. It is very hard in the beginning. Everytime I died, it was an opportunity to learn more about the game.

In Naxx, Most of the trash mobs weren’t detailed enough. It took me several runs to feel more confident dealing with them.

And it is extremely expensive. My average death count is 10+ every night. My consumables bank drains rather quickly.

Hope that we can down KT next week.

Are you popping consumes on trash and learner fights?

It’s expensive if all you do is raid log an buy every consumable you need. I farm my own stuff and it comes out to ~250G a week, which is not bad. Also the game isn’t dying, people still run stuff all the time.

1 Like

naxx 40’s damage is almost the same as naxx 25’s. some mechanics actually hit harder in 40 than 25. it’s a level 80 raid lol

2 Likes

The better you clear naxx the cheaper it is, for this priest a full clear costs about 100g in consumes now, for my fury warrior its probably like 300g but like 1/3rd of that is from firewaters only which aren’t exactly a required consume, if ur spam dying to trash and repopping food/mongoose/firewater/juju its obviously going to be expensive but you don’t need to do that.

If you haven’t killed KT by now its pretty likely that the guild you are in has many many people who aren’t consuming very much

Patchwerk in Naxx 25 has 13 million health and Hateful strikes the tanks for 15,000-20,000.

Classic won’t get a pre-tbc patch. We will get a hotfix patch though. Talents won’t be overhauled.

Lol what? Classic will get a prepatch on the servers progressing to TBC. That’s what happened in Vanilla and theres absolutely no reason for Blizz not to do the same.

Blizzard was thinking:

“We see all these noob healers just down ranking spells and spamming 1-2 buttons mindlessly let’s make an encounter where we actually test their ability to make the absolute most impact with a single heal.”

Loatheb is probably one of the most interesting encounters in all of Vanilla/Classic because up until Naxxramas the game lacked any form of specific healer check boss. Loatheb can also be outgeared and the consumable cost can be driven down. People were just trying to force Loatheb kills when their raid still had barely any Naxx gear at all. it’s the same reason Sapphiron was so expensive for the first month. Naxxramas was never designed to be cleared within the first day, week, or month.

Loatheb is not and has never been a healer check… Its a dps check.

Depends what you mean by pre-patch. Assuming you don’t mean the patch that is hitting classic servers with the batching changes, then you likely mean the class overhauls before tbc.

If so, no pre-patch is going to be applied until they announce the plan for tbc. At this stage nothing has been announced, nor has a pre-patch been announced. Sure it would make sense to have one maybe if they announced whatever tbc plan they have and they apply the patch to TBC marked servers.

The pre-patch you’re thinking of wouldn’t be to Classic servers, it would be to TBC marked servers (however they announce to mark TBC servers, we have no idea). Classic is Classic, a pre-patch applied to Classic would mean it’s now TBC. A pre-patch and Classic are mutually exclusive.

If someone is staying Classic only, they will never experience this ‘pre-patch’.

Let people that enjoy Naxx do Naxx please, one phase/tier of content at a time please. Don’t like this phase? just take a break and come back later.

3 Likes

It’s both.

Have fun on Loatheb if your healers aren’t using the appropriate spell ranks, talents, consumables, cooldowns and watching overheal. Just pump more DPS, see less mechanics 4Head.

Healing Loatheb means sitting around borderline afk for 60 seconds waiting for your turn to heal. It has zero test to anyone’s ability. The entire fight is “Did the one healer heal at their specific time? Okay good. Did everyone pop Greater Shadow Protection potions? Okay good, you get to kill the boss”

3 Likes

In this case, that is a pretty huge difference where progression content is concerned. Pretty big difference where a lot of things are concerned actually. Leveling, boosting, instance farming, mob grinding, etc. All of that is made easier by having a reliable 2 hour dragon head buff that drops every hour.

Not saying that completely changes the game or anything, but I don’t think the effects should be downplayed either.

1 Like

If you’re sitting around semi AFK during that 60 seconds and not doing at least some kind of dps then you’re already doing it wrong. I don’t raid on Ally though so I’m not sure how that works for Paladins or if they actually get to DPS during downtime.

Can you get by if you rely on world buffs as a crutch and hope your raid doesn’t care at all about consumable costs? Yep but then again you’re also not actually doing the encounter the way it was actually tuned and designed around gear levels at that stage. The healing check part becomes far more marginal for people that are only able to clear Loatheb with world buffs and 2-3k+ extra HP on the entire raid I don’t disagree with that.