Nathanos pre patch cinematic (spoilers)

That’s true of most of the races in the game. Blood elves, for example, started out with most of their population gone. They still participate in the story, a lot.

13 Likes

:point_up: This is more important than any discussion you are currently reading in this topic. If you are engaging in anything else you already took an L.

1 Like

But it wasn’t done by the opposing faction, was it? And Arthas and his scourge got done in as well. Which obviously can’t happen for the Horde.

4 Likes

I know this is kind of a flippant response to your point but we are currently in a prepatch where the scourge is re-invading the game and I feel like that kinda goes against the point that they were done in. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Best part about this quest, it’s only optional. So no having to force you to help Tyrande get a kill steal so you can farm in Northrend. :+1:t5:

2 Likes

Who did it is irrelevant to the question of Blizzard having to “write their stories around the fact that most of [the night elf] population is gone.”

8 Likes

I wouldn’t bother, these people are going to ignore the fact that Ardenweald deals with the burning, the Night Warrior stuff and rescuing the NE souls. It’s still not enough for these people

4 Likes

As much as you ignore the Night Elf souls that are going to be turned into an amalgamation and then purged into oblivion in the Maw.

7 Likes

No, I guess you are right that as long as they have characters then stories can be written. but if you care at all about world building events like Teldrassil matter, which is why I don’t get why Ganthrithor is so hell bent on trying to diminish it.

You know very well why it’s not enough. We save the night elven souls from hell. great. They’re still dead, unless we somehow bring them back, Sylvanas fate is still unknown, and the Horde is still not held accountable. Why you are so dishonest is actually beyond my understanding, and soon beyond my patience.

2 Likes

It’s still being dealt with regardles.

1 Like

You and others keep saying that nelf fana are unreasonable in wanting more.

As victims whose sole purpose is to be pawns in Sylvanas game, and victims to heroic genocides.

Does it matter when he can come back anytime

So, it still says that Tyrande is dying unless we find a way to save her, and it’s looking grim at the end of the ardenweald campaign.

Again, this is not a satisfying revenge for Teldrassil at all.

Nope, the faction war is resolved so the Horde keeps Ashenvale. Teldrassil is still burned down. A new capital city will never be considered. Sylvanas is “not evil” and got away with her crimes, and many of the tortured night elf souls are getting killed by Tyrande and the PC in Shadowlands, guess it’s a fun task for Horde players but you can’t say it’s fun for Night Elf players who wanted to free the souls.

Absolutely not after all the devs statements about Sylvanas being not evil, having a plan, and not dying.

Ashenvale gone, Teldrassil gone.

That’s lie, they never said or confirmed anything about a new night elf home.

We’re actually killing many souls though, and there’s no reviving of them either.

To try to be fair, I think the Ardenweald thing being optional is, in its own way, just as much of a downside as it is a possible upside. Players who’d want to see that resolved are going to feel pigeonholed into doing that covenant if they want any kind of closure, even if they’d rather attach to other covenants. That kinda wraps around to an older issue people took with the zone basically being Night Elf Druid Heaven (with a side of troll). It’s the only zone that seems to have a persistent real world connection with Azeroth instead of it normally being a one-way trip.

5 Likes

I believe we have identified the key problem.

edit: okay dropping the flippant hat: nobody with basic pattern recognition should take any blizzard story events seriously as a story, on their own terms. They’re even more lackadaisical, contrary, and lunatic than superhero continuity. If you want to call Teldrassil stupid shoddy tasteless writing I’m all aboard, but there’s no way I can muster the suspension of disbelief to pretend it had any weight whatsoever.

17 Likes

Sylvanas is responsible, not the horde, the NE souls are being dealt with, the Night Warrior stuff is being dealt with, Teldrassil is being dealt with.

You crying it’s not enough is whats testing everyones patience. Not my fault you don’t understand everything you’re moaning about is being dealt with.

And lets face it, even if they gave you EVERYTHING, you would still b|tch and moan that it wasn’t enough. So don’t call others dishonest. And I don’t personally care about the Night Elves or their story. It wouldn’t bother me one bit if they never touched them again. And that’s something I’ve always been honest about.

Only thing I like that pertains to them is the Wild Gods

4 Likes

And how do you know that, since so far we’ve been given nothing except the death of a fleamarket ranger. You have a very interesting definition of something being dealt with. I’m guessing dealt with means it get’s any kind of story whatsoever, and not the story it deserves.
I normally don’t care that much about elves. but since i think Teldrassil is an important event, and it has yet to have a resolution it deserves, I think it’s what’s important in the story right now. And I despise people like you, who loves to put down others when they only thing they seek is catharsis.

2 Likes

Here’s the part you need to understand. It’s never going to get the resolution you think it deserves.

3 Likes

Well we’ll see about that, won’t we?

All I can do is hope. And I would prefer if people like you stopped trying to extinguish that hope.

1 Like

I’m just being honest. Don’t like it? Well, too bad.

1 Like

You can’t read the future. All you can do is apparently put other people down, for reasons that are beyond me.

3 Likes

I haven’t personally attacked anyone. So…I don’t know what you’re trying to imply. I’ve mocked some of the stupid stuff people say, sure, but I’ve never personally went after anyone

2 Likes