Nameplate Distance working?

Didn’t work but typing it out manually in-game did. Thanks though, much appreciated.

P.S. Implement Dual Spec. Let’s go.

:+1:

can you please make a post about the clear incorrect ‘fix’ made to honor gains? there’s been proof posted

giving us 3x less time than original prepatch and now less honor is pretty crappy…

I am very excited to spend 2 weeks of constant BG-ing to get 1 item that will be replaced within seconds after June 1st

Go find a post about the honor nerf and make a comment please. The community would like a response, even if it’s “We don’t have a response to this.” Please and thank you.

Does this script work on Retail? I’ve been forced at 60 yards since patch BfA’s pre-patch.

replace the quotes, those quotes wont work.

ug, the issue is the quotes need to be replaced with non-web quotes

tried that, also /console nameplateMaxDistance 41, no joy, plates drop away around 38

my hunter’s max attack range is 41 so it’s fairly easy to test

Editing the config.wtf directly works for me.
“…your\install\path\World of Warcraft_classic_\WTF\Config.wtf”
Open with Wordpad/Notepad and add:

SET nameplateMaxDistance “41”

The actual distance seems to be about 39 or 40. My hunters 41 yard shots come into range just a step or two before the name plate pops up.

Edit: After quitting the game that setting was removed from Config.wtf. So don’t know if it will work next time I play or not. Is that supposed to be the default distance now or what?

this worked for me

I got it to work by manually typing it in, however you could grab the addon AdvancedInterfaceOptions, use the CVar browser, search for MaxDistance, set nameplateMaxDistance to 41 using that

You would have to set it to Read Only for it not to be over written when you launch the game, I do not know if this will trigger Blizzard’s anti cheat or not, but in other games it does not.

This is really good. I’m glad its possible to do this.

Hey blue name, honor is broken.

I found that I had to do a few things to make it work

1. the console command
  2. Reloaded UI
  3. I had to go into my addon, Plater, and adjust the range from 20-41

not sure if plater did anything when I moved the slider, but it started working immediately after

Now maybe you can get the retail team to fix our nameplate distance on retail.

We are currently stuck at 60 yards and are unable to lower it. Classic somehow screwed us over all the way back in patch 8.2.5 when they made that 20 yard nameplate distance cap.

I made my own forum post about this if you want to see a bit more info.

I would like Blizzard to please rectify this huge mistake in retail.

If the above script doesn’t work try this one:

/run SetCVar(“nameplateMaxDistance”, “41”)
(notice the quotes around the value)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.