Name taken... enough already

:joy::joy::clown_face::clown_face: :joy::joy::clown_face::clown_face:

1 Like

I only use that for throwaway characters. I have to have a name I like for characters I intend on playing

As others have said.
google ‘special characters’.
when you get to that character its usually ALT and three numbers to get the special character to pop up.

1 Like

No, it’s 2 expacs of no activity. It’s never been a policy that a name frees up in 6 months.

If you delete a character of a certain level, I believe it’s 30, the name will free up in 30 days.

If you do a name change the name frees up in 90 days.

2 Likes

If you’re using windows go search bar and type character map. You can copy paste and it will give you the command to on how to use the desired letter. Not only that but i been able to put symbols in trade chat like hearts, spades, clubs, and diamonds due to it :smiley:

1 Like

I’m allergic :face_vomiting:

I am weird. Gotta name check to make sure no one else has it, otherwise I won’t use it. It’s a problem :joy:

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with special characters, there is something wrong with the naming policy in place for WoW. Plus if it wasn’t for special characters how else would I be able to pull off PurĂ© sounding like something a paladin would call themselves while meaning Mashed Potatoes in spanish.

2 Likes

Really i thot it was 6 months

4 Likes

I have a hard time believing they even allow special characters given they wont just let us use an underscore or a dash, for god sake.
its like names get hard enough to find something fitting without the restrictions. NPCs have last names, how about doing that?

3 Likes

FF14 does many things right including the name selection. You can have a first and last name as well as some other MMORPG’s. Though at this point so late into the game it may never be a thing. I don’t think Blizzard or community will justify this as an important enough issue to put money and man power behind to fix. WoW is basically 20 years old.

2 Likes

Blizzard Customer Support will not release names at all for WoW Classic or Wrath of the Lich King Classic, regardless of how long the account or character has been inactive.

Thats funny cuz my classic name got taken

I’m not surprised. Like I originally said: their name release policy is absolute garbage.

And I’m sorry your name was stolen. That would really piss me off.

There is an exploited loop hole that people do use. Get you and your friends to report a person for their name. Get them banned and their name revoked, then use their name. Don’t worry about them fighting the ticket either. Seeing how the ticket responses are all automated to not help you, they aren’t ever going to get their name back.

My favorite one on reddit is when they sent a ticket in for being banned (when they weren’t) and if they could get unbanned cause they weren’t violating the ToS. The automated system said that it was looked over and they found the verdict justified. Then saying they won’t be unbanned, then they resumed playing the game. Was hilarious.

3 Likes

I dont mind i wasent really playing that character anyway

1 Like

ive added the character with the name i want on some larger servers onto my friends list, havent seen them log on ever in years. kinda crappy

I am the most non creative person ever and i never have trouble coming up with a name. Use your brain.

3 Likes

i know most of em by heart
 playing for 20yrs and using the same looking names will do that! lol
as horde, i was known as some accented version of Lucifer
 Fooki is my ally side.

I have deleted level 30+ (including a few 70s) and immediately reused the name. I don’t know if that’s because the name was already on my account, though.

Names do get freed up. I had a couple of my alts lose their names because I didn’t log on to them for a long time. Thankfully the names weren’t actually taken yet so I got them back when I logged in to rename them. That was quite awhile ago though, but it does happen.

1 Like

That’s exactly why.

2 Likes