Name not allowed?

Snaaake Snaaaake oh it’s a snaaaake…

6 Likes

I wonder how many people remember that one :smile:

4 Likes

Try holding the alt key then press #pad like 138 =è or 136 = ê and so on

If this is true to classic alt codes are not allowed.

That rule changed across the board.

3 Likes

Glad to hear.

I know it had changed. This guy has an alt code haha. Was just recalling from back in the day. Thank you so much for the clarification panda ma’am.

Whelp… there goes the Xerox sponsorship.

8 Likes

lmao, good one.

Hello Vrakthris, I just thought of something. The reason I can’t create my name is because it is considered to have mature content and to my knowledge it doesn’t. Is having x or xx at the beginning of a name considered to be mature content or would that fall under another reason for not being allowed other than it being mature content? The reason I’m asking is because there are just a few days before Classic releases and maybe I can get my name cleared up? What do you suggest I do? Can I speak to someone that is in charge of the filters or is able to look at my name? Can you guide me please?

1 Like

No, technically speaking that wouldn’t be considered mature language, obviously. The error is a general one that most prohibited names, for whatever reason they are prohibited, get.

No. The naming style is on our Devs prohibited list and that is pretty much it. It means they do not want that style of name. If you wish to see a change you are welcome to post in the General Discussion forum or submit your suggestion through the in-game help menu but there isn’t a direct line for you to speak to anyone to have the restriction lifted, sorry.

1 Like

Wow, super fast reply. Alright I’ll try the in-game help. Thank you again!

1 Like

… >.>
<.<
I had just finished a match in Overwatch when I saw the reply pop up. :smiley:

4 Likes

Godspeed in your next game!

My name without the x’es at the start and end of it would be eme. I’m clearly being blocked by the filter because my name starts and ends with an X. It seems the filter is blocking everything starting and ending with X regardless. EME and ERO are outside of the filter since nobody can have 3 character names, but are still being blocked because of the X start and end Rule. It’s not fair. I’ve posted on General forums and have been suggested to post on Support Forums. What am I to do now? PLEASE HELP!

5 Likes

Well, I’d recommend coming up with an alternative name that you may like instead. I don’t know how likely it is that the restrictions would be lifted, but it is unlikely that it would be in time for the Classic release.

I thought I was fairly clear before but your posts in General Discussion make me question if you understood what I have posted thus far.

You can absolutely say, the name isn’t inappropriate, it is just prohibited from being used as a name. I already explained that the error you get is a general one that simply means it is prohibited.

Your name isn’t on a list, Mexem. Names that begin and end with X are. Again, regardless of what is in the chewy center of the name you want, if you surround it with X’s, it will be blocked.

As it stands, Mexem, it is a done deal. I won’t say that it is impossible that the restrictions against having a name start and end with an X will never be lifted, but it seems unlikely.

I can say that unless there is a system that I am unfamiliar that would allow it, we otherwise won’t be able to make an exception for your character, there is no “prohibit all names that begin and end with an X except for this one”, condition.

There is no method to get a hold of a Dev, as you had in one of the previous versions of your post and please do not submit additional tickets about this. A Game Master won’t be able to help here. My earlier advice to submit a suggestion through the help menu was specifically for the “Submit Suggestion” option located in the help menu. That is the only means of providing feedback/suggestions outside of posting in our Community forums. Keep in mind that posts in the Community forum may be reviewed by our Community and Dev teams, but it is unlikely to receive a direct response.

5 Likes

Thank you again for responding in a timely manner Vrakthris. I won’t be submitting any more tickets at this point but up until now I tried really hard to get my name back before Classic released, with Classic released now and my name still not allowed I will have to choose a different name. Maybe someone that can make a change to the name filter will look at it and clear up not just mine but other names too that shouldn’t be blocked but are because of how the filter is set in place, time will tell. From what I’ve found out the last few days as I tried to get the name removed from the filters it seems to me that it’s not in the spirit of the filter to block names such as mine.

I won’t take up more of your time but I want to genuinely thank you for responding to all my posts, questions and concerns.

Thank you!!