Name not allowed?

I want to try Classic WOW when it is released but my name is not allowed due it being considered as having mature content. I wont post my name here but how do I get it removed from the filters? I talked to GMs and they suggested posting on the forums. I’m really looking forward to playing Classic and get entrenched in it like I did in Vanilla but I also want to have my name back. Any help or helpful suggestions ?

My name does not have any mature content in it.

Find a name that doesn’t violate policy.

4 Likes

“Mature content” is more of a catch-all for names that are not allowed. It means that your name likely contains some other element that’s not allowed. Could be a title, color etc.

Posting on the forums is just to make the suggestion that they change the filter. Posting will not result in the name being removed from the filter list.

4 Likes

Sorry for the confusion, Mexem. The Game Master should have encouraged you to use the Submit Suggestion option located in the help menu in-game. Obviously listing a name on the forums that is on a prohibited list is probably a bad idea entirely.

That said, I’m not entirely certain what part of the name is getting hit by the filter, so I’m going to send it up and see if I can get any information back. No promises, but if I hear something I’ll update this thread.

5 Likes

Thank you very much! Do you want me to send you the name or can you see my gm ticket?

1 Like

I can see it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Alright, it looks like there is a restrictions against names beginning and ending in X. While I can’t speak for our Development team, I believe this is to avoid people being able to simply add an X or three before and after a taken name to be able to have it, which is a fairly popular trend in other games. So you can’t have things like: Xxshadowxx, Xshadowx, Xxxshadowxxx, etc…

Sorry, Mexem.

4 Likes

Why would that be prohibited? So I couldn’t use XxVrakthrisxx, but I could use Vrakthrïs? Sorry, but I guess I’m missing something and don’t fully understand.

Have you ever played a game where you were surrounded by XX characters? I have, it’s extremely odd and more than a little distracting. Vrakthrïs is still a name, where variations of characters with names surrounded by X’s aren’t really. As I said, I can’t speak for our Devs, but that would be my guess as the reasoning.

5 Likes

This explains why I couldnt get Xxooxx ! :slight_smile: lol.

2 Likes

Ahh… so it’d be like to avoid the annoyance of seeing weird names like that. I guess it’s not something I’ve noticed. Oh well. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

People will also use it to bypass the filters

5 Likes

Before they transitioned away from the Terms of Use, ‘leetspeak’ names were among those explicitly against the rules. The examples given therein included names beginning and ending in a series of X’s. Seems they’re still not allowed.

4 Likes

The rule against leet speak names, like many similar rules, apply primarily to RP realms.

2 Likes

All’s good, thank you for looking into this for me Vrakthris! I’ll have to come up with a different cool sounding name. Maybe Portobello or Mushroom. I have a few days to decide. I’ll think of something.

Cheers and thank you again!

2 Likes

When in doubt fantasynamegenerators wierd was able to post links a few days ago.

It appears your Trust Level has dropped to Level 2.

1 Like

Didnt think it was lvl 3 no biggie comes and goes i suppose mite have happened when i accidently logged into the forums on a alt hate it when u log out in game on a alt and log on in the forums on a alt.

Gonna take a look and see. But I’m kindda thinking Mushroom for real lol. Thank you.

Fair enough cant get in trouble if u are careful :wink:

1 Like