Name Another Poster's WoW Spirit Animal

B/c my cat woke me up prematurely and I was bored:

Granny is N’Zoth-tainted Anduin, without a doubt.

Vozul is Nathanos in hotpants.

I’m fairly sure Amadis is just Malfurion’s lawyerly alter ego.

Withpuppys is the physical incarnation of the entire Vulpera race.

Maybe Carm is Liadrin? I waffled on this one but ended up keeping it.

Spudster is the quasi-Marxist brew that emerges when you mix Saurfang, Baine, Zekhan and the Pandaren revolutionaries in a blender.

16 Likes

This thread is gonna result in a lot of forum vacations

7 Likes

Anelaan is Illidan. They’re both ripped elves who don’t know what a shirt is.

7 Likes

This should be entertaining.

2 Likes

scoff

Coward

3 Likes

I have reached the heights of trust level 3, I am not going to let the haters and losers lurking in the shadows forum vacation me now out of pettiness.

4 Likes

See that’s why I went with a safe option. Nobody can hate on Anelaan and his majestic chest.

6 Likes

Trust Level is stupid, I am against trust levels.
DEATH TO THE TYRANNY OF TRUST LEVELS!

6 Likes

Oh the person I named would have had no problems with my post, but the Haters and Losers may have tried to exploit the ToS and flag me.

I agree. It is with great reluctance I have accepted trust level 3. I love the forums, I love Blizzard. And I promise the trust level they have given me I will lay down when this crisis has abated.

3 Likes

The fact that I’ve never had a forum vacation makes me worry I don’t try hard enough :-/

3 Likes

It’s more likely in some place like General where it’s the wild west and people are constantly flagging each others posts for no reason. The worst I got was getting a month long vacation for taking the lords name in vain.
In contrast I have seen posters on this forum evade censors and cuss without being flagged at all. Still, the haters are out there for a rude boy like me…

4 Likes

My spirit animal is the orc.

6 Likes

I think SF is generally safer because it’s so much smaller. It also results in a decent proportion of posters being familiar with each other, so there’s a lot less ambiguity about the intentions behind posts. I guess it’s more of a community? But yeah GD is definitely closer to a free for all, state of nature.

8 Likes

I already told y’all that Lorash Sunbeam is my spirit animal.

7 Likes

This can be a tricky subject, because naming people can result in forum action. There is moderation on the Story Forum, I can tell you. And people do flag stuff out of pettiness here as well, like in GD.

I only flag posts when they are Advertisement Spam for streamers. I have been called all manner of things and I dont flag insulting posts. But there are other posters who frequent this forum that pick fights all day long and hurl vile insults precisely to flag every post you make in response. On the off chance a Mod might agree and punish you.

That can be the bothersome part. The people who hurl insults will be fine because I only report Advertising Spam - but those same jerks will report any rude comment returned to them. Such is life.

It can be better to play it safe, sometimes, if you enjoy posting. So - I will just mention posters who have shown to be less petty in that regard:

Reallyhappy = Chadwick Paxton. Proof of the “nice” Forsaken along the lines of Faol, but with a sense of humor.

Vozul = Garona on her nicest day.

Anyaceltica = Maiev… if she willingly allowed Sylvanas to possess her.

Withpuppies = Lorewalker Cho’s Worgen pet (Cho thinks she’s just a very good dog. He might be missing some chapters on Worgen lore…)

Roghter = MU Orgrim. Down for a little trouble if the reasons are good… but still has a touch of fairplay and decency. A tiny smidge. But enough to notice.

Yvenathilm = a Nightborn sentry. Somethings always not quite right…

6 Likes

Elesana is delaryn, she lost all hope in both elune and blizzard.

17 Likes

This is correct, because I too want to punch Wrathion in the face.

15 Likes

You’re just generally what happens when you concatenate a do-gooding human type with a spine and sense of humor.

It’s a strange array of traits, but one I continue to fondly gush over <3 Somehow the good transfigures the bad into something nice, like Tom Waits’ voice and his music.

1 Like

Pray I find more menial tasks to accomplish or you will be hearing from me again and I assure you that my commentary on forums of public opinion will be most unkind

C’mon guys we’re all clearly some lorewalker Johnny Awesome variant.

6 Likes

Only if I can get a tabard that sparkles.

1 Like