Nakhu is levelling his dwarf

Any guilds awesome enough to contain the pure raw dwarfiness that is this alt? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Posting in the first nakhu guild finding post of the year. Or month. Idk hard to keep up

1 Like

For once its a post for an alt, so it counts as 2 firsts :stuck_out_tongue:

I skimmed through the WrA forum a bit and I found a couple guilds recruiting A-side, so maybe pursue these if you don’t get any bites soon:

2 Likes

The Mountain Guard is dead. After that recent forum drama, Obmi deleted his character. Now the roster has two people besides the whole that was once occupied by Obmi.

1 Like

Good to know, thank you! I took them off the list.

You will get camped

Sure I will.

You do realise you’re free honor and a warm-up for the realm PvPers, right?

Oh please, how is thrall btw? is he okay ruling hord? a no longer a faction but a tribe of monsters living in red desert

Nice try, orc in a dwarf suit! I’m onto you! :eyes:

Jokes aside, thanks for the plug, Maxi. Yes, we’re recruiting and will happily take an orc in a dwarf suit a dwarf.

6 Likes

I shut down the guild because the Alliance community here is too small for an active race specific guild. After being here for a month and a half and aggressively recruiting I managed 31 dwarves max, of levels 10-70, the vast majority were alts, many alts of the same couple players, with around 4 members being on regularly. Also toss in the fact this game and the ways it’s changed are hard on guilds nowadays. It’s become more of a “seasonal” game. Things just didn’t work out as I had envisioned.

It had nothing to do with forum drama. Throughout my time on WrA I always had my other two dwarves (a ret paladin and frost dk) in CBH on ED.

Lluagor, I realized, is damaged from his time spent on ED. I get it. ED can be a dysfunctional server. There’s a lot of petty dumb crap that goes on there. If it wasn’t for CBH I wouldn’t be there either.

It started when he began making BS claims about me when I replied on the etiquette thread. I was like who is this guy? Yeah I had my three dwarves in The Guard for a couple months, then realized it wasn’t the place for me. I rejoined Clan Battlehammer, which I was a member of from mid-Cata to early WoD when I quit WoW. I recently returned in October to the game and was trying to find my place in a very changed game & server community, and I finally did.

I rolled a goblin priest in order to join his guild and talk to him one on one as to why he was going after me on here with what was mostly BS accusations. I assumed he was a rational guy, who didn’t know the details, and a conversation would clear things up and we could walk away friends or friendly at least? I realized he’s got a real chip on his shoulder for anyone from ED and that wouldn’t happen when he kicked me and blocked me. I’m not a jerk and I’m a nice, relatively easy going guy. I tried.

I felt bad for folding up The Mountain Guard on here but for multiple reasons I could not get it to where I envisioned it; a small but very active dwarf guild. I moved on to what I did enjoy, Clan Battlehammer, and moved Obmi back to CBH on ED (where I was still active with my other dwarf characters).

You used to talk about leveling a dwarf in WotLK all the time. Only took ya like 12 years lmao

Then that was really bad timing on your part. Lluagor posts screenshots and this character you are posting on suddenly disappears (( and still gives an error message with no update on your guild thread. After years of seeing this on WrA, that is pretty much a page out of the scum playbook.

So I gotta ask as someone who watched that little interaction on the etiquette thread, why did you make a whole new character and join his guild just to speak to him?

1 Like

It was. Obmi has been back on Emerald Dream in Clan Battlehammer for a couple weeks. I have a level 1 Obmi on WrA to hold the character name. I do that on several realms I’ve always liked (MG too).

I did that because I wanted to talk to him outside of the forums, just him and I as real people and clear up the miscommunication/misunderstanding. This is a social game and I value my rep as a person/player in the game. I’d rather have friends than enemies. Enemies can usually be avoided once people get to know each other, and it’s always worth a try.

And my apologies for hijacking the thread. I definitely think the OP should go dwarf and embrace the greatest WoW race :wink:

Lastly I’m a big fan of the Alliance community on Wyrmrest, very nice people overall, but in the end I just couldn’t create what I had envisioned.

On the assumption that this is genuine, and in case you’re ever in this situation again, I have two cents to give.

If I had some form of conflict with another player on the forums, and their response to that happening was to join my guild without telling me who they were until after they were in, I would consider that really weird and, depending on their tone going forward, potentially unhinged. I would much prefer that they simply whisper me or send in-game mail, either to converse directly or to request an exchange of battletags for that purpose.

I appreciate an interest in clearing up misunderstandings. I would not appreciate having someone with whom I was not on good terms insert themselves into a private space without giving me the opportunity to make an informed decision with regards to accepting them into it, regardless of their intentions in doing so.

2 Likes

Man, joining guilds with hidden agendas and under false pretenses is sooooo 2004-2022

This is the new year, let’s join guilds with our insidious intentions out and open from the get go

Unrelated, I’m looking to join a guild to cause drama by exposing bigots and racists and ultimately the expulsion of officer ranks in order to establish myself as a leader and then just leave once I get bored

PST me if this fits with your guild culture

1 Like

Cringe
No way

1 Like

True. You make a good point. In hindsight I see how it would come off as very suspect. Not my best decision in looking back.