[N-RP] TOURNAMENT OF AGES 2020: Aug 2nd – 8th

IC Introduction

Several years ago, Champions from all over Azeroth arrived at the world’s summit to prove their mettle on the battlefield to show that united we could stand against any force thrown our way. It was here, on the Argent Tournament grounds, that Tirion Fordring showed Azeroth that regardless of race or creed there was nothing that we couldn’t overcome together, and when we are united. The Argent Tournament was first erected to find the brightest, the strongest, and the most powerful and to take the fight to the Lich King and we prevailed.

Since then, the Tournament of Ages has been an annual event that has taken place yearly to commemorate not only that victory but every victory that we’ve faced together since. The Cataclysm, The Legion, The Black Empire, and more are now distant memories and for seven days we celebrate in remembrance.

Seven days of wonderment and celebration await you as all of the Banners from the corners of the world gather, and new champions arise after fighting in fierce competitions with one another. Culture, food, memories, and friendships are also all that awaits those who come, and together we can continue to carry on for the sake of our future.

This is your invitation.

Basic Info

Schedule: August 2nd – August 8th

Hours: 7:00pm – 12:00am

Official Discord Link: discord.gg/a4UBrQd

Tumblr: Tumblr .com/blog/officialtoa

Twitter: twitter .com/ToAMoonGuard

Twitch: www.twitch .tv/toafairgrounds/

(:exclamation:Note: Each link has a space in front of the .com/.tv link, so be sure to remember to delete that extra space before going to the websites!)

OOC Information

One of Moon Guard’s most venerated server events is getting ready to get geared up once again this year, so be sure to mark your calendars! The Tournament of Ages is a yearly gathering that’s hosted by both the Alliance and Horde of Moon Guard at the Argent Tournament Grounds in Icecrown, and it’s a celebration that lasts seven days with a host of competitions that range from Dueling, Jousting, Sparring, Pet Battles, and more. Not only that but players can find dozens of different, diverse booths hosted by different factions that offer various exotic, interesting wares. Don’t let the official times fool you either, because roleplaying opportunities happen at all hours of the day, so be sure to come at any hour you wish, join a competition, and see if you can be our next champion and leave with bags full of treasure and rewards, and newfound memories and friendships.

Registration

Registration is currently open and will be ending on August 1st. To register for any of the competitions, please feel free to either join the discord, or go to the website at tournamentofages .com and register there! Or you can use the form below to register for the ToA 2020 events.

forms .gle/rXbE8HWJ4Lddi5yg7

(:exclamation:Note: remember to delete the extra space before the .gle)

Staffing

As is always the case, we can always use an extra hand when it comes to staffing the Tournament with capable, reliable people. If you feel you can help us out, please join the discord at discord.gg/a4UBrQd and see what positions are currently available and get a hold of a staff member.

Charity

This year, The Tournament of Ages is proud to announce that the Charity we have chosen this year to donate to is the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital (Wildlife Warriors), formerly known as the Steve Irwin Conversation Foundation. While a lot of things have happened in 2020, Australia continues to suffer the after-effects of the fires that tore through the Continent not to long ago, and currently, millions of animals are displaced as Australia recovers and tries to replace what was lost.

More Information will be coming soon so keep an eye out!

F.A.Q

Q: Can I still come to ToA even though I’m on a different server?

A: Yes! All you need to do is find a Moon Guard anchor, and hitch a ride! Designated anchors will be provided, and all you have to do is type “ CharacterName-MoonGuard”, all one word.

Q: I signed up for a competition, but I wanted to change my information. Is there a way I can do that?

A: Yes! Either let a staff member know that there’s information you need changed, or fill out a registration form correction on the Tournament of Ages website itself.

Q: Is cross RP allowed?

A: Yes! In fact, it is highly advised to have the CrossRP addon, and a healthy amount of Tongues potions to understand the opposite faction.

(:exclamation:Note: Information is liable to change in this thread as new information becomes available or changes so keep a lookout from time to time!)

11 Likes

yay! so excited to help organize this year. we have some fantastic and wonderfully creative booths lined up. and a trp3:E mini game is in the works as well! :sparkles::gift::bouquet::coffee::bread::crystal_ball:

5 Likes

Yessss!!! So pumped for this again.

3 Likes

Oh my GOD, I’ll actually be off work to attend. Yes. :star_struck:

3 Likes

This is always such a spectacular event and I am so excited to stroll around and take it all in again this year.

Thank you in advance to everyone who puts in so much work to make this fantastic event happen!

3 Likes

So glad to be a part of this yearly tradition once again this year. Can’t wait for August!

3 Likes

I feel like there should be TOA swag / gear, you know?

Could auction it off or offer it as a perk for charity donations. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Their actually is ToA merch in their shop! All the proceeds from purchases go towards the charity for the year. I don’t have the link on hand, but I’m sure Rease can supply it. Or it’s somewhere in the Discord.

4 Likes

Please don’t worry about any giant holes that may or may not rip open in the sky during the Tournament.

7 Likes

I hope this year is wonderful and runs smoothly.

3 Likes

This will be my first year cannot wait! ^___^

4 Likes

Wait I saw Rease like my post…

Are there dedicated Warlocks for summoning lowbies like myself? :<

3 Likes

Yup! But getting to the Tournament as a lowbie isn’t difficult at all either.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure if you go to Northrend Dalaran you can get a free ride there if you’re at least level 68 or something. Don’t quote me.

3 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

This is my first year on Moon Guard. This sounds like fun.

4 Likes

If the sky does open up during ToA be sure to bring an umbrella that is resistant to veil tares. :wink:

4 Likes

Another year, another great time to be had! Can you please point me in the direction of the folks collecting gold donations for MG Alliance and WrA Horde? Thank you!

5 Likes

Hi! Always love checking this out even though I’m a WrA guy. Just wondering since I can’t seem to find anything specific: Are the competitions still restricted to MG only? I’m interested in entering the dueling competition, but my only MG character is 110 and I don’t really do content on him.
Thanks and looking forward to it either way!

3 Likes

heyo! yeah, competitions are MG only. but there are tons of other activities and fun things to check out on toons from other servers!

5 Likes