[N-RP-PvP] The Traitor Legion

Quite a quiet week for the Vol’kar upcoming. Several mythic+ groups will be trying to push very high in the keystone range, with sparse RP events as we take a break from our shotgunned storylines.

Lieutenant General Lo’Gar’Nosh will be leading his Kal’Garn on an attack deep within enemy territory. “Fletcher’s Hollow Must Burn”. Not so covert now that I’ve spilled the beans on the forum now though, eh? lol.

With the aftermath of the Siege of Dazar’Alor, Alliance troops who did not make it out when they should shall be hunted down. They shall not feast on the misery of others in lands that they do not own. Furthermore, our old friends within the Fighting Fifth shall suffer as we have. Their unregulated victories will not go unpunished.

I’m very proud as well as happy to see all of these guildies coming out of their shells creating activities and storylines both. Maintaining an ongoing story is difficult, but it warms my heart when others pitch in to help. These past few weeks I could not be anymore emotional when I think about my guild. We have gone through some very tough times, and every hurdle only made us stronger. I feel as if we could withstand the force of a hurricane at our current state.

Can’t wait to pick up more events and storylines next week, and I hope many of you decide to take the leap and join us. :heart:

2 Likes

Hey all!

It has indeed been a quiet week. Seems most of us caught up on things outside of WoW. Who knew Dazar’Alor slumped this patch so quickly? 8.1.5 pls come faster. I’d love to test out the Zandalari and delve further into the war campaign myself.

This next week is a change of pace. We recently held a poll for a WPvP night and the majority have chosen Friday, replacing our original RBG night. We’ll pick the zone with the Call to Arms and we’ll bring the axe to the Alliance! These nights have no requirements other than being 120 and being a team player :smiley:

This week has been rather dead, but next week events pick up once again. “One Life For A Kingdom” on Monday, with another event or two sprinkled midway through the week. More details soon:tm: but it shall be focused around infiltration and reconnaissance. Finally, “Nothing Left But Sand and Blood” Friday, hosted by Aelsa Mystfire.

Also- we’re going to smack Jaina tonight. :smiling_imp:

Quick question: How often do you rp? I’d primarily be joining, if accepted, of course, for the PvP but seeing as how rp is a requirement (which makes sense for an rp-pvp guild, afterall) I need to know how often the mandatory rp is. My wife’s work schedule is 6 days on, 8 days off now, so I might have enough time during the days she is on participate in the rp element of the guild now depending on how often it takes place.

1 Like

Hey Nakhu,

I’d never thought I’d see you inquiring about the Vol’kar!

Role-play in the Vol’kar is mandatory in that we are an RP-PvP guild. No events are pressured onto anyone. In theory, you could join and never touch our DnD side of things, but … you’d feel pretty alone.

We do have casual RP quite often, but these days in peoples’ busy schedules they slot their free time for the DnD events.

As for PvP, we do have several arena teams that do their own thing, but our only reserved RBG night is Wednesday, and as stated above, world PvP on Friday.

I’m not sure how well Nakhu would fit in the Vol’kar with all that aside- I do know that your orc didn’t respect Vol’jin for his own reasons - I recommend you check out the Southfury Watch if you’re looking for the old school Horde feeling!

So that you can decide whether Nak’s background would fit or not here is the abridged version:

–Garrosh loyalist. Didn’t join Darkspear rebellion. Fought for Garrosh in the Barrens, not charged with war crimes but was imprisoned (IC) for parts of Legion.

– Was conditionally released under supervision of loyal Hordies near the mid to end of Legion. Did not swear oath to new Warchief but fought the Alliance so as to get a chance to kill Worgen (ie: the Gilneas Brigade) in the Broken Isles, as he hates Worgen for reasons…

– Is not a Sylvanas loyalist but serves her ends since it allows him to kill Alliance, as his disdain for deaders comes second to his hatred for the Alliance due to a loss sustained during the SoO.

– He’s viewed by the current regime as a useful and expendable tool and nothing more since he is not known for having a favorable opinion of deaders in general, but he is quite willing (and good) at killing Alliance and his eagerness to do so aligns with the current regimes goals.

– Basically, he’s a work release killer being carefully watched and likely subject to a quick end should he show signs of going astray.

1 Like

Sorry about being a day late–

It doesn’t sound too far off from a few other of our characters, including a few officers ICly!

While I can’t discuss the route the guild is going to take publicly, I can say that we are very much rough-and-tumble military minded. We don’t know what the future will hold, but it won’t be as simple as joining a rebellion or staying loyal to a Warchief.

For OOC: The Vol’kar’s age demographic (OOC, ofc) is a broad range from 18-32 and while we don’t hold age against people, some of the younger folks can be harder to connect with, or the general vibe might just not be for you. That’s not to say the discord or the guild chat is a high school lunch table - it’s not. We pride ourselves on our maturity, we can just get very silly.

I would still encourage you to check out Southfury Watch if you haven’t already given them a try. While I don’t know much about you personally, I do know you are a man with a very specific taste. Their age group is much higher due to their veteran-status on the server, and their intent is much simpler.

If events that are reminiscent of old-school tabletop DnD sessions that could go for many hours with very complex plotlines, aren’t for you, and you’d love to just do some good old fashioned day-in-day-out PvP, then I can’t recommend Southfury anymore than I already have. As I’ve stated our DnD side of things is not mandatory, and in theory, you could completely ignore it, PvP doesn’t happen as often as you’d probably like.

Or if you’d like to bite the bullet and give us a try, then I don’t see why not! Just whisper me sometime in-game.

Also, good gosh - 635k honorable kills? I thought I was a PvP nut. That puts you at legendary status twice over.

Hope this helped! :slight_smile:

1 Like

No worries on the late reply, especially given how long I just took to reply to you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for the info. You certainly know your own guild better than I do and if you think it would be a case of a square peg in a round hole in regards to me fitting in with your guild, I definitely think you would know best. Thanks again for the info and best of luck in all your in game endeavors. Lok-tar and all that :slight_smile:

1 Like

2 - 22 - 2019

Operation: LoS Hell.

Tonight, on our second annual World-PvP night, Tiragarde Sound was the weekly call to arms. Lieutenant General Lo’Gar’Nosh and I thought this would be the weakest, and most boring week, as nobody roams in war mode in the open world.

But then… we remembered our earlier shenanigans when we were on our rogues, discovering a basement that was completely void of NPCs, with no patrolling mobs.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/548693520551247873/WoWScrnShot_022219_195039.jpg

We claimed this basement in the command of the Warchief, dubbing it: “LoS Hell” as we occupied it for the next ten minutes. Then, growing bored of our meatgrinder, we ventured out to the inner gates.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/548677930096787464/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/548693401474695169/unknown.png

We claimed that narrow strip of land in the name of the Horde, calling it “Krump’s Gambit” in honor of our Admiral. It took them nearly an hour, but they wiped us twice with a group that was nearly three times our size.

We regrouped one last time, holding the rooftop of our second hideout, “The Red Warehouse” and held to our last stand.

It’s all fun - no harm done, we didn’t disrupt anything that’d prevent people from going about their day. Brings some life back to the communities in our war mode phase and lightens the mood on the rather sour story-line written so far. Here’s hoping we can do something like this next week - maybe mimic the dwarf community’s old Rent Collection-

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/548689722898120719/unknown.png

HAMILTOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!

5 Likes

It was rather entertaining.

I wanna give the Blueies credit for making it interesting every so often and keeping us on our toes. My fondest memory is shooting out a window while Five kept on my tail like a shot out of the Matrix.

GG WP :J

3 Likes

Boralus is such an entertaining city. I don’t know what Alliance would want to spend so much time spreading havoc at the Great Seal and harbor. _side-eyes_

Had an entertaining time pumping the life back (and bops/hands) into my comrades as the sea of blue chased us through the streets.

2 Likes

“LoS hell” is ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.

I hope you all had fun. Hamilton and I are anticipating your return… :heart:

1 Like

As always you guys were absolutely amazing!

I hope you guys had as much fun as we had if not more, and As Liv said, we await your return. <3

P.S. BULISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I wanted that sweet bounty…

2 Likes

Who do I contact to join this guild
I wanna join in on the fun on Horde-side while I get my rep for Zandalari and Mag’har :stuck_out_tongue:
-Love, Mahoodle

2 Likes

Hello all, and welcome to another episode of Bumping the Guild Forum.

Unfortunately, this week has seen some serious heartache. One of the many guild mascots and quite cuddly creatures in our IRL channel has passed away. Kipper the Old English Sheepdog, my buddy, had to cross the road last Wednesday into the big green pastures. It was really, really tough for many people involved. Not only was he my furred friend for almost 14 years, helping me through a terrible move, but he was a regular sight in our discord where we lovingly assign titles and names to our pets to act as mascots. Kipper never really did get a title, but he certainly was cute as a button to look at. He was an old man that couldn’t do much on his own, but a total puppy at heart. He was in too much pain and suffering for myself or my mother to bear, so we made the heavy decision to help him with that final push. He went without struggle, and I held him the entire time.

I wasn’t going to shoulder the pain alone, dozens of the Vol’kar reached out and offered support, allowing not just a shoulder to lean on, but instead a tree to rest under the shade. We’ll never forget his barking fits, his pig-like huffing that he used to communicate to me while I was in voice comms with other guildies, and most importantly, we’ll always have his smile somewhere in the discord, alongside Warchief Soto, Mystic Muriel, Shay’s Twins, and Fedine’s whole contingency of cats. :slight_smile:

On the IC side of things, the wounds of the Siege are still quite fresh - the embers burn low, yet the fires of passion never snuff out. While the Alliance receede from Zuldazar, and the Fighting Fifth make out with little to no casualties, the High Warlord sent two high-priority missions to the various departments of the Legion.

After their close encounter with the estranged K’thrixar that nearly destroyed a contingent of the Vol’kar, (lovingly dubbed ‘elfsquad’ OOC, who knew blood elves would be the most populous race in the guild) Jan-Mak ordered the Kal’Garn to track down the Fighting Fifth’s skyship, demanding it is time that they experience fear, true to the core.

Centurion Iriari Danishi was given this mission, dubbed “Chasing Clouds”, and true to her skillset, the skyship known as H.M.S. Cloudcutter was found just off the coast of thermal canals between Kul Tiras and the Eastern Kingdoms. Personnel involved in this tracking: First Sergeant Markahn Galefist, Champion Ithise Fleetfoot, Captain Trinxxi Blastbomber, Sergeant Lynaelle, Vanguard Tey’lindra, Legionnaire Tinkexxi, and Grunt “Vigilance”. While this mission was a success, it did not go without its mistakes. Vigilance was captured and fought to the death, leading the deckhands aboard the ship wondering how a stray orc made its way there. Fortune favored the bold, as there were no other captures, and several Alliance agents were dispatched. Who knows how much time and money that House Wrynn, much less the SI:7, lost that night in manpower.

Conversely, Jan-Mak sent the corpse of the Tidesage that summoned the void-beast to the Black Tower in Desolace, letting the insidious Deathweavers in General Dolthar Blackfire’s coven to inspect and… “study” his body. Although the war has raged for more than half a year, the mysterious powers that the Kul Tirans hold is a dark force that must be chronicled.

Furthermore, Jan-Mak ordered Sergeant Lynnaelle to take several of her kinsmen within the ranks, as well as volunteers, back to the ancient city of Suramar to delve within the Nighthold’s library. With the Vol’kar’s credentials, they were granted access to a building that had been long since ransacked by both Horde and Alliance efforts during the Final Legion War. With Withered that still had no cure wandering the gardens around the Nighthold, the Vol’kar found themselves cleaning more than they did studying.

It was not entirely a fruitless venture. The book - whose name shall not be uttered - was found, containing the records and information needed to hunt the beast down. While that was not their final intentions, such a Dark Lord filled with powers shan’t be allowed to get away. The untold powers that lay beneath our feet, thousands of miles below ground, are far more powerful and devastating than any Alliance force ever will be.

The game is set. Three forces - the Vol’kar, the Fifth, and “Viq’ts’athoga”. Who will make the first move? Who shall be the first to fall? Who will prevail above the others?

We’ll find out Wednesday!

Also. We smacked Jaina for the 4th time. Full Heroic progression should start next week. :smiley: We smacked the beehive in Boralus, too. There weren’t many happy customers this week! The elixir of tongues showed us how nasty some people can get even during fun World PvP. Oh well!

If you read through all of this: you’re a nerd. Lookin’ at you, Demi.

3 Likes

Oh man. I am so sorry to hear about Kipper. I didn’t know about him until now. I deepest condolences. Losing a furry friend is rough. However, I am glad that your guild was there to support you through such a time. I wish you well, my friend.

1 Like

Thank you for both the kind words and support you’ve given me throughout the week. Small words and simple gestures go a long way.

It’s been a quiet week for the Vol’kar. We’ve been both hacking away at the raid and busying ourselves with the thought of tomorrow’s release. The proverbial floodgates of Zandalari bursting will be a grand experience! I may just even level one to 110 myself.

The quietness of the week ended with this Monday after General Dolthar Blackfire requested a small force to take to the Blasted Lands. An uncanny expedition that yielded grand result - taking a shard from a shard of Caer Darrow to be used in another Altar of Storms elsewhere. Question is - where and why? Well, if I told you that, it’d ruin half the fun.

I don’t have much news to deliver to those :eyes: looking in for some new tea for the Vol’kar. All I have to say is that despite the fact that the expansion fatigue is quite early this time around, and that the story is very garbage, we’re still kicking, screaming, and having fun. Role-play is all about making your own adventures within the set universe. I have a feeling that many people will enjoy what lies on the horizon for the guild story, set to be revealed very, very soon!

2 Likes

Amidst the fervent defense of Zuldazar, Raton’s own son, Dahote, came with a message that bore more importance than the surface level implied. A personal invitation from Chieftain Karanga of the Wolfmane tribe for Jan-Mak and the entirety of his Legion. This invitation, was, of course, for the Dance of the Earthmother atop Mount Hyjal. There was no way, that, heavens above or hells below, the High Warlord would decline such offer. Even if the Alliance were to be present, there is always time for celebration. Especially in the throes of war.

With at least one bright thing to look forward to, several members within the Vol’kar were picked to be present at the new Queen Talanji’s coronation, standing among the crowds of dozens of other Horde heroes that were present during the Siege of Dazar’Alor, fighting as viciously and as savagely as the barbaric and cowardly Alliance that rampaged through the streets. A bloody reminder that a downed dog bites back the hardest- who knows what strike the Horde shall deliver next. If cities are of no safe haven to either faction, then surely Dazar’Alor was just a stepping stone.

With no missives from High Command, and with no orders to commence any offensives on Alliance territory, High Warlord Jan-Mak decided to take matters into his own hands regarding another specialized enemy of the Horde. As you recall, following the Vol’kar’s last rebuttal with the SI:7 Agents that helped engineer the assault of Dazar’Alor, one of the tidesages assisting the Alliance sacrificed himself to bring about the appearance of a leviathan. Not just any leviathan, but a K’thrixar.

This demonic, rabid beast of the void was beaten just barely by the combined might of the First Battalion that night. After some much deliberation and reconnaissance, the location of said beast - known as “Viq’ts’agotha” was triangulated to the Bastion of Twilight by Sergeant Lynaelle.

Venturing deep into the bowels of madness, the whispers of another powerful beast licked and nurtured the fear within the soldiers’ minds that volunteered to assist in its killing. With it being 10 years since the Cataclysm crisis, the Vol’kar found it strange to see the halls of such a citadel mostly empty. What little life they encountered, it was grossly abused and ravaged, including the newfound cult that undoubtedly followed “Viq’ts’agthoa” to this place.

Upon reaching the main corridors, it was revealed that the Fighting Fifth had already been there for several hours. They wished to defeat the great evil as well - not wanting to unleash any further horrors upon Azeroth. The Vol’kar was too late to (unwillingly) assist, however, as the final preparations of some strange “ascension” were complete.

"Viq’ts’agotha’ was never there. In fact, memories intentionally implanted into the mind of Sergeant Lynaelle confused the location of the K’thrixar. The blood spilled from the trio of forces engineered an entirely new servant of the kraken. A desperate and brave attempt at defeating it, heralded by Senior Sergeant Krik’thor Dreadwing nearly cost the Great War veteran’s life several times. With a broken arm, several lacerations, and a crushed waist, he delivered a monstrous blow to the kithix that lurched from the depths of the throneroom, giving General Dolthar Blackfire the extra time he needed to rip the First Battalion to safety.

Now stranded far into the savannas of the Northern Barrens, the beaten group licks its wounds in the Crossroads, hoping what they saw was just some deranged, horrid nightmare. With a final chilling message from the k’thrixar, the group was reminded of just how mortal they were. They no longer hunted the abyss - but just the opposite.

1 Like

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again.

I’M GONNA PUNCH AN OLD GOD IN THE FACE.

4 Likes

Congratulations to those who rose through the ranks Friday, as well as all the participants in the Dance of the Earthmother. A long and taxing week ends on a delightful note.

2 Likes

Tonight marks the first night of our new campaign, spawned from the war council meeting earlier last week.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/563154341779734528/image0.jpg

High Warlord Jan-Mak has charged Champion Ithise Fleetfoot with this task, starting with the deployment of the Vol’kar to the Ghostlands region, combating the traitorous void elves with their Alliance handlers.

What could lie in store for our loyal defenders of the Horde? Who will come out victorious? Who will lay in defeat? Will I get an extra side of syrup for these waffles? Will I ever fix my sleep schedule? Find out in the coming days!

Picture courtesy of Rayn and 5 minutes in photoshop.

3 Likes