[N-RP-PvP] The Traitor Legion

The Vol’kar has found themselves in a dark, dark pit of emotions the past few weeks.

Starting with the second encounter of Nightsun’s manhunters, the Outlaws were next on his list. Sending the renown “Black Regiment” of Undercity, a fabled regiment of forsaken that specifically handle decapitation missions (assassinations of heads of state / deserter groups), General Blackfire’s tower was the target of their first siege. However - how did they find that the Outlaws resided there?

It began with Eranon Emberbrook leading his fellow rebels that got away from the first encounter to Jan-Mak. Their trail of fel and bloodshed was easy to track down, but it seems as if by coming there, he led the authorities too. Or did he?

Shortly before Emberbrook and his cadre confronted Jan-Mak, the old troll was already dealing with another ghost of his past. Lynnaelle Beaumonte, the First Sergeant of the Second Cohort, had guised herself as a blood elf and had been working with the sin’dorei of the Vol’kar in Quel’Thalas. It appears as if she had been working throughout the trio of the groups, trying to pull the strings and manipulate the situations so that no Vol’kar member would willingly kill another. Well, with intense discussions of philosophy aside- neither Jan-Mak nor Emberbrook will ever get to see if that truly worked.

After being surprised with their assault, Thunder Axe Fortress was laid siege to, and several buildings burned. Those involved were barely able to get out with their lives, but some risked too much for others. As the Outlaws made their escape, they saw Emberbrook hurl himself into the fray one last time.

They thought he died there, but they were only in for a ruder awakening.

Just but a few days later, at Blackfire’s Tower, the Black Regiment arrived with an even stronger taskforce - some fifteen-hundred strong. Impossible odds for the Outlaws, even despite Blackfire summoning a few (greater) demon lords to try and even the odds, and Ala’nare Darkstar’s disgusting abomination of kodobeast and vultures. Before the battle even began, another ghost from the Vol’kar was there with a broken Emberbrook. Avanoria Everglade gloated over his defeated form, holding a tight rope of demonic magics around his neck and demanding for the Outlaws to hand themselves over. An offer too good to be true: if Jan-Mak surrendered, all other bounties would be pardoned. Even though he’s heard offers of this magnitude before, the troll nearly relented and allowed himself to be executed to spare others.

Just before he made this decision, Emberbrook begged for the Warlord not to give up without a fight. To not give up and give away his free will. Even though Jan-Mak had only known Eranon for as little as two years, he could not simply deny a friend his last wishes.

In front of the entirety of the Vol’kar’s biggest corps, brothers and sisters who saw themselves at their necks were forced to watch as Eranon’s soul was ripped from his body, his mortal form broken and withered into dust, and Avanoria take the shard for her own dark powers.

To steal a quote from a good book: “I want to tell you that they fought the good fight”. Despite the valiant defense of the tower, Jan-Mak had prepared to lose it from the beginning. They simply didn’t have enough to fight with, and the siege engines that the Black Regiment brought were enough to destroy the entirety of Dolthar’s known legacy and works.

Their escape portal led them to Felwood, and from there, they trudged on to Winterspring. That wasn’t before they realized that Orruk Rustcleaver and Edero Steelfall were there with them. It appeared as if the Admiral had arrived before the battle began - furious that the troll hadn’t received his secretly coded message to meet him in Stonemaul a week before. Some (not very) pleasantries were exchanged before they were right back to insulting, fighting, and near-death with each other.

The fire faded from Jan-Mak’s eyes as they started bickering, and he simply turned to walk. Where he was going, he didn’t know. He simply followed Auhgag, who acted as if he knew where their salvation lie.

He didn’t know where Orruk and Edero went, but where they went, the temperature was far, far colder than the rest of the world. The stifling fel-tempered heat of Desolace was something he wouldn’t miss, but he would miss heat altogether within the eternal wint’ry lands of Winterspring.

While the Outlaws did not find themselves with any grandstanding plans, with each passing day, Jan-Mak found himself with more and more at his disposal. First, it was Koman’che Wildclaw who finally tracked down his blood-family once again. Furious and confused as to where his brother and sister went, he never truly understood why they left - and he might never. What he did know is that he took an oath - and despite being surrounded by oathbreakers, he wouldn’t break his.

Then came another - a Wraith that Jan-Mak never thought to see again. Iriari Danishi had abandoned her posts within Quel’Thalas after Jan-Mak’s ominous letter. Originally, Jan-Mak thought she would come for his life, but Iriari instead offered her blades to him after a deep reconsideration of her oath within the Ghostlands. Despite bewildering Jan-Mak, he took her into his cadre.

Galefist reunited with the group a few days later, but came with even greater, and ill-fated news. The remnants of Rustcleaver’s Raiders encountered Nightsun near Blackfire’s escape portal. While Galefist couldn’t name all the names present, he did mention that he saw Krik’thor Dreadwing fall.

Such news caused Jan-Mak to fall into a deep slumber of sadness. The idea that his soldiers - the ones he tempered, forged, and molded to be the epitome of what a member of the Horde should be - now falling to one another’s blades sent him into a depression. This depression quickly turned to anger, then to hatred, and to vengeance. Over the course of a week, the Outlaw Warlord formulated a plan to lure Nightsun and his manhunters to an innocuous enough locale. From there - he wanted Nightsun’s head. Nobody else but his. He figured that through Roaknor Bloodfist, a former Vol’kar soldier - he created a weapon that would do anything for the Horde. No remorse, no reconsideration of his actions. If the Warchief willed it - he would do it. That weapon ran it’s course and became too dangerous to wield and it was subsequently destroyed. Jan-Mak saw this with Nightsun, too.

Deep within Dire Maul, within the Coliseum, a void rift was opened. It possessed just enough power to fool many grand magi and warlock alike. It raged and belched dark powers, yet what stepped through was no faceless one. Jan-Mak, Koman’che Wildclaw, Ala’nare Darkstar, Qua’palah, Jiane, Kala’kieri, Hynil Owlfeather, Vokhai, Ruscion, Markahn Galefist, and Iriari Danishi waited.

Commander Nightsun, being sent on various missions throughout Kalimdor to close void rifts and defeat void monsters within Horde holdings, had thought this to just be another routine mission. In his possession of troops was Minice, a re-risen Famsuh Plaguescar, Avanoria Everglade, Magrakka, Lynnaelle Beaumonte, Thaludreaux – Orruk… Rustcleaver, Krik’thor Dreadwing… Edero Steelfall…?

Jan-Mak couldnt’ve predicted this, and in truth, he had no idea what to do. Those that he thought were killed by Nightsun’s command to instead be fighting alongside him. For what? - Jan-Mak was unable to learn.

To requote that book: “I want to tell you they fought the good fight.” but this surprise simply ruined Jan-Mak’s plans. He never saw Nightsun’s head fall from his shoulders and he never saw what happened after the light faded from his eyes. What he was told, however, was that he shrieked and sobbed like a newborn babe when he was being carried away and near dead. He had left behind his most loyal friend and soldier, Koman’che Wildclaw and Ruscion. The fate of the two would never be learned, and if it wasn’t death that awaited them - then it was surely whatever mind control the others had been placed under.

In under twelve hours, two more old faces arrived to the Outlaws’ hideaway. It seems as if Mandiyanti ran her mouth too freely- as Ithise Fleetfoot and Essalie Westcrown promptly found them. After seeing everyone in a near-death state, Ithise nearly held them all at bowpoint demanding information on the true story. Evidently, Beaumonte and Nightsun attempted to convince them of another story - that they were articulating a “new order” to fight the greater evil that hides behind the veil.

After informing her that Koman’che had been captured, Fleetfoot raced off into the snow, determined to rescue him. Essalie and Iriari followed after.

With their location compromised, Jan-Mak simply took the outlaws and headed out east. He had another plan despite his promise to Kalimdor and the people of the Horde. He would take an old friend’s ship and sail east, to Silverpine.

With his Outlaws convening in Bilgewater Harbor, he found the unnamed destroyer in one of the drydocks. It hadn’t ever been sent out to sea, and never passed onto another owner since the original’s death. An old friend and cherished officer of the Vol’kar, Jan-Mak quietly assumed control of it and boarded the vessel. Just as they were shoving off, the three elves arrived - this time bearing a near-death Koman’che Wildclaw, a brutalized Ruscion, and with a whole taskforce beating down on them. After narrowly missing a complete sinking of the ship, the Outlaws now reside somewhere out in the Great Sea, off-course and discharted.

As heartwrenching as life as been, Jan-Mak found himself smiling for the first time in two months on the sea. He didn’t know what would happen to the others, but he did know what would happen to the Outlaws - now properly dubbed “his family”.

They all had nothing, they all left their families behind, and they all had broken several oaths. They were considered criminals by many, and outlaws by all. They weren’t doing this for any thrill or legacy, but because of what they believed in. The Horde would not benefit from more fighting in the civil war - but you’ve heard this story, haven’t you? You might be asking yourself why they are sailing to the Eastern Kingdoms then - that doesn’t protect anyone in the Horde. At least not immediately, right?

Jan-Mak found himself turning that cylinder over and over in his hand, feeling the voice of the void powers contained, whispering and urging him towards the Plaguelands. He didn’t know what was stuck inside this container, but he did remember Lynnaelle’s words:

“Scholomance is the key”.

And that is two whole Acts in one recap, ended just about an hour ago. Wow, it’s been wild, and it’s been all organic and-on-the-fly. I am now going to promptly pass out. I hope you enjoy this read and are ready for more. :heart:

4 Likes

It’s good to be home :’)

Even is home is a dumb old boat in the middle of the ocean for the time being.

2 Likes

Busy week ahead of us filled with events of the spooky void-filled variety!

4 Likes

The new patch comes with the end of the war campaign, which has us all in the Vol’kar waiting in antici…

2 Likes

paaaation

1 Like

So, that happened.

Things are in the works for the upcoming weeks. Keep an eye out.

1 Like

I’m interested to see how the Vol’kar will handle the new story developments. I’ll stay tuned!

1 Like

Hello everyone, I come with some sad news.

Through some strange bug in the code, my account no longer has access to the forum post. I’ve submitted a ticket and did every trick in the book. The GMs have said the only solution to edit and manipulate my post is to make another thread. After creating the new master copy, they will delete this old one.

I’m incredibly sad as this post has the highest number of views and shares(compared to the other Vol’kar threads.) I’ve achieved a lot with this thread and it’s going to be hard to let go. :frowning:

Soon later this week a new thread will go up, with the newest update in the guild story arc.

Please keep an eye out for it, and please help like&share. Thank you all very much! :heart:

7 Likes

I am saddened by this news.
Now how will I know where I can kill trolls?

2 Likes

On the night of October third, the former High Warlord of the Vol’kar Legion sent missives to his former soldiers. He had been apprehended in the ruins of Caer Darrow, but instead of an execution, he was given a pardons. The War is over. The recipients of these letters were to arrive in Orgrimmar at once. They were not being pressed into service but given pardons themselves.

Packed tight like a can of sardines, a full company of the Vol’kar’s former ranks stood in the Hall of the Brave. Many words were shared. Many curses filled. Threats were without equal. The three-headed snake slithered, writhed, hissing. Each intent on sinking their fangs to deliver the final kill. One with scales of purple, intents mysterious. You see nothing of its body except its eyes - the visionaries of deceit. The second, a plagued reptile with sickly skin and bleeding eyes. The third, scales as red as a blazing hellfire. Fangs full of hate and the need to act.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401054826944921600/629511081999597568/WoWScrnShot_100319_193315.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401054826944921600/629511083954143252/WoWScrnShot_100319_193323.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/401054826944921600/629511085786923013/WoWScrnShot_100319_193337.jpg

In the end, each said their piece. While words are just that, hate begets hate. While there will be no more bloodshed among kin, they will never be the same. Several turned their back for the final time on what they once viewed as their home. Neeza Highclaw, Jarclair Richards, Krik’thor Dreadwing, Eranon Emberbrook, Kurgg, and Juri Riverlotus were among the ones to bid their final farewells. They didn’t all leave the Horde but they all set out on their own, new lives to fulfill.

And thus the three-headed snake became one. Now only a fraction of its former self, it’s up to you to decide which is which. Were the loyalists right to stand by their Warchief, valuing loyalty as their honor? Were the rebels the one with true intent? Did the Outlaws sit by and do nothing - content to watch what they preached to love turn rotten and die?

While this war of brothers and sister is over, now the conflict turns to the protection of Azeroth. A renewed sense of being the Horde’s protectors. No doubt the Banshee will face justice for her crimes, but before that, the darkness that lumbers beneath your feet will strike long before any chance of a second “war trial” will take place.

And now, to pipe the announcement I made from our discord into the forum post:

" If you missed tonight’s event - it was 100% organic with no scripted outcome. Your character has the chance to walk away from this all completely. The Vol’kar is returning back to what it once was and is rebuilding. Several key figures are gone, and almost all of the officers have retired. There are no hard feelings OOC and I hope you enjoyed what you could. It was a stressful story arc but I’d say it brought way more engagement and character building than anything else I could have made. Thanks for it all. I hope you stay and make new characters, but like a good book or good DnD session: if you want to pack up and go, I understand! :wave: :heart: with how crappy BfA is, we made the best of it (and it ain’t even over!)."

I hated this storyline from almost start to finish, but I knew it was what needed to be done. The Vol’kar will never be the same, but now we have a chance to pave a new path forward. With that, I bid this thread my final post. Soon, (an unknown amount of time) this thread will be deleted and another one will be posted, revamped and overhauled with a fresh coat of paint. Thank you all for reading and being apart of this storyline - even if you never stepped foot in this guild or interacted with any character in any way. Thank you for the support, the views, the likes, and the interactions. I hope you give the same love to the new thread. :heart:

10 Likes

Here is the other thread!

1 Like