[N-RP-PvP] The Traitor Legion

Head’s up: my usual long post of IC news will be delayed another few days. The officers and I have decided upon a drastic change for the Vol’kar’s future. This includes a new formal stance on Saurfang’s rebellion and our opinions on Sylvanas. While none of us have held any love for her - only loyalty by proxy of being loyal to the Horde - it is time for a true answer.

I unfortunately can’t reveal anything now, but I can say that the shivtr website will be closing down within a few weeks - and a new website will take it’s place.

In case anyone is holding their breath - the Vol’kar will always exist, and we’re not going anywhere. But just like the Horde: we will come out of this rebellion changed. Stay tuned for this!

Mythic Azshara has been defeated for the first time today; rumors of Azshara’s defeat spreads throughout the camps and posts within Nazjatar. Fantastical stories of her freeing the Old God N’Zoth. Such mystical words could hardly be believed - but after being trapped beneath the waves, with walls of wat’ry death around them, perhaps it could be believed.

Words of rebellion, revolt against Sylvanas are now more widespread. It is impossible to dodge any conversation of it. While there are no real riots, these are spoken in hushed huddles, cramped around damp woodfires. With dozens of soldiers still missing in action or presumed dead, there is little the Vol’kar can do. The remnants of Azshara’s people are still fanatical in their devotion and fight to the bitter end; including fighting long after being mortally wounded.

A declaration from the Regent-Lord: he shall stand beside the traitor Saurfang and the honorable Thrall upon exiting Nazjatar. The Vol’kar shall be one of the last to return home through the telemancy beacons, but a decision on what to do, or who to stand beside remains as muddy as the ground beneath their feet.

Lok-Tar…?

((More to come!))

big mood can’t wait to see what comes next!

1 Like

Waking up refreshed for once, our IC Heroic Warfront is tonight, AND KoRn leaked another tidbit of their album? Gonna be a great Friday. :metal:

I updated the forum post(s) to modernize and add a new glossy finish of paint. The new forum syntax doesn’t play nice with older posts, but I’ve done my best. Last post to update is the Allies & Enemies sections. Lots of stories to tell!

The Vol’kar takes a big leap into the unknown Monday, with a radical shift in guild theme and uncertainty for the rest of the expansion. Keep your eyes
:eye::eye: peeled. It’s going to shock a couple people.

1 Like

Tons of fun in our IC adventures through the Heroic Warfront. I’d make a big post, but I’ll let the screenshots do the job.

xhttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/607012454269976586/unknown.png

xhttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/607016302053294147/WoWScrnShot_080219_190541.jpg

xhttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/607016315252637706/WoWScrnShot_080219_190549.jpg

xhttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/607023312702406668/unknown.png

xhttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/607028222139432971/WoWScrnShot_080219_195022.jpg

Before the events of 8.1, the Vol’kar was relieved of its duties within the First Honorbound Army and sent to mobilize upon the Arathi Highlands. Executor and Defiler forces were losing ground- ready to lose Ar’gorok at any given moment. With their enemy battle-hardened, tested, and prepared for reinforcements, the Vol’kar arrived to help turn the tides of battle within the next few days.

After their (short lived) victories over Stromgarde, morale soared and pride for the Horde was high. Despite being well-reminded by their superiors to never be cocky, they thought themselves invincible at that moment. That perhaps, the idea of a Horde Empire was not far-fetched. Weeks later, that visage would crumble as the Alliance fleet decimated the Zandalari fleet, laid siege to the city, and King Rastakhan would lie dead at his throne.

An absolute madhouse of fun that was way more immersive and enjoyable than all of the other war fronts I’ve done combined. Here’s hoping they do one for Darkshore.

The title of the forum has changed! This is intentional. To people losing their minds, more data will be added to the post to reflect what just happened tonight! :smiley:

The smiley face is all but a farce as I try not to sob into my hands at the difficult decisions we all had to make (in character of course!).

1 Like

OOoohh man… keep me updated…

1 Like

In the early hours of the morning, with most still lulled to sleep from the rush of the huge water-walls of Nazjatar, several Sergeants, sent by the Blood Guards of their respective cohorts, roused the sleeping soldiers. Their time had finally come: they were going home.

With each passing day, the Vol’kar saw less and less battalions - either from death during service, or escalation out of the world’s most active combat zone. It seems as if their words of engagement: “First into the fray, last to rest” was taking its true toll. They’d find less around the campfires, their stories became repeated, food became drab, and morale started to dwindle.

Those who stepped through the portal back to Orgrimmar would feel the sudden rush of heat and humidity, splashings of water bursting through. There weren’t that many to cross over. A sickening, sinking feeling would eventually cross the bellies of every soldier. Ever since the final Legion war, they had lost so many - and replenished next to none. Familiar faces were only legend, now, and mythical faces were so far, far away.

Under the assumption of an extended time on the homefront, soldiers were advised to decompress and relax. They were needed at the Echo Isles, however, as soon as they were able. A promotion and medallion ceremony was underway.

Upon stepping on the shores of Sen’Jin village, they found Jan-Mak there, ceremonial box in hand. He was prepared to give awards as seen fit, but in truth, they were never going to reach their destinations.

Renown for his stoic composure, it broke within a few seconds. Soldiers watched in awe as the troll stripped himself of all regalia - medal, tabard, rank, and armor that described him of the prestigious rank he took. He folded it neatly and placed it onto the sands before him.

He renounced his loyalties to the Banshee Queen, yet cursed the name of Saurfang. To him - the Horde he loved, had died a long, long time ago. It just hadn’t been buried yet, and he saw himself as a caretaker of this shambling corpse. He had hoped that one day it would turn around - perhaps be revived, but it just never came to be. The rivers of blood that would be the dead of this war would never be avenged. The hundreds – thousands that died in this war so far will be greeted by those who had already died in Hellscream’s war. It is all the same. The repeated cycle of failure, anguish, hatred.

This was met with wild and varied reaction. Not all shared his vision - in fact, very few did. Most spoke of the tyrannical oppression of Warchief Windrunner, and the genocidal killstreaks of hers. Some chose to view their former brothers and sisters as traitors - and left with little word to report this finding to new regiments.

All in all, Jan-Mak found himself now branded as the “Outlaw-Warlord” with little more than a handful of friends. Warlord Auhgag joined him, destined to see where these adventures would take him. “Until the end.”

With only one remaining commanding officer at his side, General Dolthar Blackfire, Jan-Mak ferried his outlaw-soldiers to the Dark Tower of Desolace. From there they plan their next moves.

Admiral Rustcleaver, joined by Centurion Emberbrook and Stone Guard Krik’thor Dreadwing, took a large portion of the rankings and retreated south into Kalimdor. While they take no official name for their group, it is assumed they shall join Saurfang’s rebellion.

General Neeza Highclaw left - outraged at Jan-Mak’s inaction and decision to not join the rebellion. Cursing his name (mostly from passion and heartbreak), she left with no true crew beneath her control.

Lieutenant General Zisho did the same, joining with Neeza as they walked out into the Durotar heat.

Lieutenant General Lo’Gar’Nosh’s fate remains to be seen, as he drew his blades to kill Jan-Mak - only to throw them at his feet.

General Jarclair Richards gave Jan-Mak no clear answer. Taking his fold with those who left for the rebellion - it looked as if he’d cast his lot with them, yet instead, he appears to retreat into the vastness of southern Kalimdor.

These were only the actions taken from key figures in tonight’s dramatic breaking of the Vol’kar. There were roughly 48 people in attendance - the second largest event the Vol’kar has ever had, requiring two raid groups and taking nearly four hours. It was a purely organic reaction event - there was no plan, and it was all secretive, even among the officer corps.

This breaking of the Vol’kar was not a light decision. It was a tough choice that weighed heavily upon the mind of Jan-Mak, and his creator, me.

As I break character from my usual pseudo-IC reports and news updates, I’ve been dreading this event for months on end. I planned it a very long time ago in the infancy of Battle for Azeroth. I made it just in case that Blizzard would do the unthinkable and go on a SoO 2.0 path. Without getting into dramatics, it’s heartbreaking that it came to this.

While the guild is NOT disbanding, it will be waaaay different than before. There are now several groups within the Vol’kar composed of newer-recruits and older veterans that seek a new path for the Horde. While there is only one group that IS using the guild tag/moniker “Vol’kar Legion” for official purposes, the guild is still being used by several groups to plan events and pathways.

We hope these groups will interact and proceed like before, but can’t guarantee anything. Those who don’t wish to interact with the traitor group, the loyalist group, or the rebellion group don’t have to - and they also DON’T have to leave the guild, if they don’t want to.

Many tears were shed tonight. Dozens of hearts were broken. Lots of keyboards are now wet. The Vol’kar Legion - as everyone knew it - will return again in the future. I hope it comes faster than we know it will. I love you all dearly, and hope you understand from the bottom of my heart - just how much this guild means to me.

:wave: Until then, I’ll see 90% of you on the other side. :heart:

xhttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/608144422152175637/WoWScrnShot_080519_190516.jpg

xhttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/608144368666148874/WoWScrnShot_080519_190131.jpg

xhttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/608144453328306226/WoWScrnShot_080519_190535.jpg

xhttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/608155557169201152/WoWScrnShot_080519_170224.jpg

xhttps://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/269990447160492044/608155733141487616/WoWScrnShot_080519_181647.jpg

13 Likes

The whole thing gave me a very mid-season-finale feel to it. I’m excited to see where it goes.

4 Likes

“If I shed Horde blood, I have failed.”

5 Likes

Shock. Outrage. Sadness.

At first, when Jan-mak had renounced his title as their High Warlord, Shay Stormborn had cried “TAKE US WITH YOU!”

She refused to give up on those who had given her purpose. Those she had DIED for, and was reborn to serve. Although nearly every person she loved and held dear was either dead or went a different way, her loyalty was bound to Jan-mak, and she would prove it to be so.

With a heaviness in her heart, she stood beside him, fully and readily willing to support and defend Jan-mak, as nearly all of her loved ones went a different way.

This is the cost of loyalty, and Shay always was one to go where her loyalties laie as well as where her heart believed was right.

5 Likes

tfw you’re the only champion who didn’t side with the person you swore an oath to always protect OTL

but in all seriousness, this guild is my home and my family. i’m so proud of how everyone’s handled things the last year, even when it wasn’t easy. i cried my eyes out over so many friendships and bonds forged in battle and downtime be tested and put aside. ithise walked away tonight, but you’ll have to physically drag me away to get me to leave.

until we all fight under the same banner again, my friends :v:

4 Likes

Didn’t see this coming. The Southfury Watch will be saddened by this news. Glad y’all are keeping on though.

4 Likes

“You’re a rebel now.”

This event was awesome, it was great to see how everyone’s characters took the news of where the Vol’kar is heading and what they all decided to do as a result. Lots of little twists and turns I didn’t expect, it was great. Letting everyone choose their paths turned out great and I’m excited to see where everyone heads next and RP with my fellow people who chose the rebel path.

1 Like

Sadly, this is the fate of many groups right now, of those who aren’t unanimously pro-Sylvanas or pro-Saurfang. This news will saddened Vuraka as well. I’ve always looked fondly at Vol’kar and the small interactions here and there with it’s members is one of few things I miss about spending time in Orgrimmar.

For the rebels, please reach out to Stormhowl if you all need a place to weather the storm. We have been neutral for awhile now as we saw the issues with Sylvanas’ coming awhile ago. There’s plenty of room in Storm Home.

2 Likes

I’m so excited. Sad! But excited.

I feel like this will add to everyone’s stories in BfA and gives people the ability to choose what path they want for their character for the remainder of the expansion. A choose your own adventure story but still being a part of a family while doing so.

Mandi stayed with Jan-Mak, as she’s been neutral before (during Cata and WoD) and really feels this is the best decision for her at this time.

While I’m going to miss a lot of interactions with Mandi and people who chose Rebellion or Loyalist, I can’t wait to see the various events and stories my fellow guildies come up with and see how their side of the story fleshes out. I hope in the end they are all reunited once again.

2 Likes

I am newer to the guild, and I just want to say even as someone who has been on the sidelines - watching everything unfold has been a treat. I am getting hyped for the RP that is going to come out of this.

EDIT - don’t mind that there Brightmoon guild tag (but I hear they are cool too… shameless plug)

2 Likes

My old friend Lance Topsail tracked Jan-Mak and I down and threatened to take in the bounty if we didn’t go on his podcast.

https://anchor.fm/sfwpodcast/episodes/Buliss--The-Volkar-Legion-e4sf62

It was a ton of fun and I hope I can do it again in the future as some sort of secondary guest. I didn’t think this change in the guild would cause this much interguild stirring. Awesome opportunity and I can’t thank Topsail enough.Hope you enjoy listening to it because man - I hate the sound of my own voice.

6 Likes

A large Pandaren covering up his Seventy Third insignia on his pink shirt casually walks by observing

3 Likes

The podcast was great! You both did wonderfully and it was very informative about what’s happening with Vol’kar. Best of luck to you all in your future endeavors and tales! Aka’Magosh!

6 Likes